• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reported police report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide with painkillers

Status
Not open for further replies.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
skinnyrattler said:
Em: But why would the publicist, who was at the scene, lie to the police/paramedics?
hmm... why would a person paid to keep TO's image as squeaky clean as possible lie about his suicide attempt? I'm racking my brain.

SofaKing

Hates all things good and decent in this world
according to his friend Dan Le Batard being interviewed over the phone on ESPN, he's saying that he doesn't believe anything until he hears the story from TO and he is saying what he really thinks what TO had was a "Mel Gibson" meltdown :lol

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
:lol :lol

"Terrell Owens is expected to have a press conference at 1:15 eastern today..."

(1:20)

"Terrell Owens press conference is actually 1:15 central, 2:15 eastern, so we've got an hour left"

(1:30)

"We're now hearing 3:15 eastern, that is three fif-teen eastern time for Terrell Owens's press conference...."

DarienA said:
spin spin spin....
Yeah really. I'm not sure what happened. I suppose I'll just assume this was some sort of mistake until I hear different. But honstly I would rather not hear anything at all. The media should stay away from this one. Still, this is stunning if true.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
"Hi everyone... I didn't really attempt suicide, our president just called me and asked if I'd do something flamboyent to get the media off his ass for his the war in Iraq is not creating additional terrorists related comments."

Nameless

Archaix said:

"Terrell Owens is expected to have a press conference at 1:15 eastern today..."

(1:20)

"Terrell Owens press conference is actually 1:15 central, 2:15 eastern, so we've got an hour left"

(1:30)

"We're now hearing 3:15 eastern, that is three fif-teen eastern time for Terrell Owens's press conference...."

T.O. announces his retirement.. Comes out of retirment to play for the Niners next year!

DarienA

Nameless said:
T.O. announces his retirement.. Comes out of retirment to play for the Niners next year!

I'm just wondering when it's going to come out that he's manic depressive, he certainly seems to show some of the characteristic symptoms.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Cant say I'd have missed him if he'd have succeeded. Though sports talk radio radio would be unbearable for the next couple of months.

Zep

Banned
Brian Fellows said:
Cant say I'd have missed him if he'd have succeeded. Though sports talk radio radio would be unbearable for the next couple of months.

And why is that? What has he done personally to you...really, dont say dumb shit like this.

andthebeatgoeson

whytemyke said:
hmm... why would a person paid to keep TO's image as squeaky clean as possible lie about his suicide attempt? I'm racking my brain.

No, you're confused. At the scene, she said he was depressed and took a bunch of pills and he said yes when asked if he tried to harm himself. So the question is, why, at the scene, did she say he was depressed? Or maybe we are on the same page, questioning her current version.

ESPN is treating this like 9/11. Wow, it's like they are showing the towers collapse all over again. This is painful. But I'm not sure I can turn away. This is horrible.

Cloudy said:
What hospital releases a suicide patient withing 24 hours?
Well, he's denying it happened and with no clear threat to himself, no change in his mental status and no obvious injuries that contradict his story, there is nothing they can do. So, from the hospital's perspective, they have to let him go, unless there was other obvious signs her hurt himself (ie damage to his liver).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
DaddyZ said:
And why is that? What has he done personally to you...really, dont say dumb shit like this.

Who says he has to do something to me? People die every single day that do not affect me but because I've heard of TO i have to give a shit? Nope sorry it doesnt work like that. It works the opposite actually. A person has to do something FOR me for me to give a shit about them and TO has done nothing but be a douche bag for the last several years. Plus I REALLY have no pitty for anyone who tries to kill themselves. If they hate their life that much I say let them die.

My comments might insensitive but they are hardly dumb. So please dont say stupid shit like that again please.

andthebeatgoeson

ToxicAdam said:
I heard Plaxico Buress tried to commit suicide today also ... but dropped the pill bottle before he could do it.
*golf clap*

Why does ESPN insist on calling the police report 'raw'?

Edit: Cowboys press conference had no info. Parcells did a great job of deflecting all questions and took a 'I don't know' stance. Even going as far as to say he just go the info a few hours ago and continued practice and hasn't talked to TO. TO talked to Irvin and Deion but not Parcells? BS.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Brian Fellows said:
Who says he has to do something to me? People die every single day that do not affect me but because I've heard of TO i have to give a shit? Nope sorry it doesnt work like that. It works the opposite actually. A person has to do something FOR me for me to give a shit about them and TO has done nothing but be a douche bag for the last several years. Plus I REALLY have no pitty for anyone who tries to kill themselves. If they hate their life that much I say let them die.

My comments might insensitive but they are hardly dumb. So please dont say stupid shit like that again please.

Yeah, **** all those kids dying of starvation, they haven't done shit for ME!!!! **** those innocent Iraqis getting killed in car bombings, ain't like they going to do me a favor. Let go of the angst man. It really is not cool or impressive.

This press conference will be spin-spin-spin. I won't believe a word of it. I remember our VP getting wasted at a company party and it was spun to say he had a bad reaction to medicine he was taking.

Some of you in this thread are insensitive assholes.

ToxicAdam said:
I heard Plaxico Buress tried to commit suicide today also ... but dropped the pill bottle before he could do it.

DarienA

Kuroyume said:
I blame that asshole McNabb for this.

A friend of mine in Dallas text msg'd me about TO this morning talking about the spin had started and this the message I sent her at 10:46am.

?? Is he blaming mcnabb :)

andthebeatgoeson

That chick Ethridge is kinda hot. I wonder if he's banging her.

Does he look like he was crying? Around the eyes?

Did he just thank the Eagles? He thanked us for his recovery. I like that guy, TO.

dskillzhtown

Is FoxNews directing this press conference?

Their reasoning even makes no sense. The same pills he has been taking previously NOW caused a bad reaction? Makes no sense at all. The publicist does a total 180 in less than 12 hours? He was depressed this morning, but fine now? She said she tried to take the pills out of his mouth, but now she "doesn't remember"?

Come on.

woodchuck

i cant listen directly but im reading updated posts on a cowboys forum. how is all this spin?

if TO really did try to commit suicide, i dont think he'd be practicing today or wanting to play this weekend

ToxicAdam said:

elibiobh2.jpg

methodman

Banned
according to reports on NFL Network....his mental problem may be due to TO being raped by his grandmother at a young age

probably fake...

DarienA

woodchuck said:
i cant listen directly but im reading updated posts on a cowboys forum. how is all this spin?

if TO really did try to commit suicide, i dont think he'd be practicing today or wanting to play this weekend

Manic Depressive says hi!

dskillzhtown

methodman said:
according to reports on NFL Network....his mental problem may be due to TO being raped by his grandmother at a young age

probably fake...

Don't know about that, but a guy was on the radio who researched TO for an SI article said that the way she treated him as a child would be called abuse today. They had one light in the entire house, a lamp. So the rest of the house was kept dark. No TV, no radio and the only thing he could read was his homework. He got a new bike as a kid, he could only ride it to the mailbox and back, couldn't ride it on the street, couldn't have friends in the neighborhood.

His mom got pregnant at 15, the father was always a mystery to TO. Then when he was around 14 he was talking to some girl. A guy who had lived across the street all TO's life said that he shouldn't be liking that girl because that was TO's sister. The guy who lived across the street was TO's dad and never said anything until he saw TO about to commit incest. The guy still would have nothing to do with TO.

There was a myriad of stories in TO's life that probably drive him as a player, but also has made him screwed up in the head.

hgplayer1

this is the first time Ive really paid close attention to one of these TO team distraction things. Im fine with the explanation that he gave at the press conference but his publicists statements were kinda shaky.

the thing I hate about the media is that they sit there and say oh TO is causing ANOTHER distraction. well if everyone took his word for how things happened and agreed that its the more likely explanation, all this crap should stop. the ongoing speculation despite a man coming and giving his word to the press is just rediculous.

its like all of a sudden they are all investigators and they absolutely must find out exactly what happened last night. I guess it makes for good tv but after about 10 minutes after the press conference im already tired of hearing about this shit.

if he was still in the hospital right now i could understand them still talking about it but hes fine physically and he has stated that no suicide attempt happened and gave a very good explanation about what happened. the end. now STFU ESPN. I bet youll actually still hear someone utter the words "suicide attempt" when they play their second game against the eagles in december.

also any one of us that speculates that we know what the actual truth is are idiots. if you think you know the truth then youre an idiot. you werent there. only about 4 or 5 people acutally know what happened.

BTW Im not a TO lover or anything Im just sick of hearing people talk about it like they know what happened and when I go back to work Im gonna have other things to focus on so I just thought Id vent before I go back here in a few minutes. :D

woodchuck

Willco said:
Stupid idiot police and their stupid idiot police reports.

just because the police asked him and he said yes, doesn't mean he actually wanted to commit suicide. they could have asked TO, "Is Donovan McNabb your best friend?" and he still would have said yes due to how stoned he was.

LM4sure

Banned
Wow. So all along, all this attention he was craving. He is apparently very depressed. I hope he is seeing a psychiatrist. Poor guy.

Willco

Hollywood Square
woodchuck said:
just because the police asked him and he said yes, doesn't mean he actually wanted to commit suicide. they could have asked TO, "Is Donovan McNabb your best friend?" and he still would have said yes due to how stoned he was.

Way to not read the police report, smart guy!

hgplayer1

Willco said:
Way to not read the police report, smart guy!

police reports dont mean shit. im not bashing the police here or anything but i just happen to have an example from my own personal life as to why you have to have a little doubt when a third party comes into play with regards to how events took place.

my car was in an accident recently. my brother was driving my car when it was hit from the side. my brother says he told the police that the other car seemed to have come from a side road and hit him. my brother told the police that he never saw headlights coming towards him before getting hit. this was at night by the way.

i went and picked up a copy of the police report today and it shows that the other car was in a turn lane on the same street coming towards my brother and then attempted to turn left across my cars path. they still cited her with failure to yield right of way but they didnt get that part of the story right.

as soon as my brother saw the copy of the police report he said that wasnt what he told the officer and unless a witness or the other person involved told him something different, then the officer got it wrong.

but i guess my brother is just spinning the story right? im about to go tell him right now that hes a big fat liar. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom