• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Look At Thanos From The Avengers ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I still think Thanos needs a lot more set-up in order for him to work. Hopefully we get a lot more of him in GOTG2, and maybe any of the other ones (Doctor Strange?).

We should see him do something fucking crazy before the infinity war movies.

He's not in GOTG2.

Probably Thor 3.

kiri

To note; afaik Josh Brolin hadn't been cast as Thanos when he first appeared in the MCU so some changes of course need to be made to the character to better fit his appearance.

BatSu

To note; afaik Josh Brolin hadn't been cast as Thanos when he first appeared in the MCU so some changes of course need to be made to the character to better fit his appearance.

Josh Brolin , his first appearance, guardians of the galaxy

Thor : Ragnarok, will be the next where we see Thanos

Kinyou

I still think Thanos needs a lot more set-up in order for him to work. Hopefully we get a lot more of him in GOTG2, and maybe any of the other ones (Doctor Strange?).

True. It's a bit annoying how many villains get set up and defeated within one movie. Feels like it doesn't make the most of the continuity. Thanos wrecking Thor would be a good setup

Mindwipe

It looks SO SO SO much better which is why it breaks my heart that it's not an actual new design for his future appearances.

Bishop89

wasnt really the fan of the original look, but it looked more menacing than this new look.
FekBiSr.gif

But we all know the GOAT look needs to come back

latest

than-wins2.gif

Litan

Thor: Ragnarok, for sure. Maybe Black Panther.

But Thanos in GoTG is 100% cgi, Brolin's appearance has minimal input.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
So is this official, or some VFX studio dreamt this up in a "what if we had designed Thanos" kind of way?

chocoedd

As somebody who never read Marvel, I hope this villain will be a serious threat to the Avengers. After Ultron, I don't see any villain strong enough to even hurt one of the heroes. I'll bet the green guy can punch this Thanos into oblivion no matter how many rings he wears.

The Kree

Banned
As somebody who never read Marvel, I hope this villain will be a serious threat to the Avengers. After Ultron, I don't see any villain strong enough to even hurt one of the heroes. I'll bet the green guy can punch this Thanos into oblivion no matter how many rings he wears.

Ultron murdered Quicksilver.

He looks more Ape now, like something straight out of Dawn of the Planet of Apes, previous version was more Alien looking..

Slayven

Avengers 3 will be split in 2, by the end of it he will probably be in damn near 6 hours of film.

The Kree

Banned
Who was a hero for all of 2 hours and wasn't even that useful. Ultron was a wasted opportunity.

Quicksilver knocked Captain America the fuck out, saved Hawkeye and countless others, and killed dozens of drones. He did plenty.

Ultron helped create The Vision and turned a city into a meteor. He did plenty. He lost because that's what villains do.

If they manage to butcher Thanos, there is no hope for any MCU villains in the future.

my only hope for Thanos is for just 1 action scene ala airport scene, but instead of team vs team, it'll be Thanos alone fighting the whole Avengers. if I can just have that, I'd be satisfied, even if Thanos lost in the end.

I just hope we don't have mindless armies again after chitauri and ultron bots

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The GotG one looks way better.

Also... ITT: confused people

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I really hope they change his voice next time around. Worst thing about him in Guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom