• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most embarrassing video game reference ever?

MisterHero said:
it was Fred Savage

so you were right

Yeah I only seen the movie once in it's entirety and that was when it first was released on VHS. I had my mom rent it. She probably hated having to sit and watch that with me.

JPBrowncoat said:

Although they were just trying to make this scene fun, but the guy portraying himself as many see as the stereotypical gamer(30 year old living with mom with the added reference of Star Trek) and also the plain stupidity of everyone just standing around him doing nothing but stressing. They weren't giving the guy a reach around at the least(I mean the guy must be a virgin if they are going to work the stereotype all the way.)??? This scene would have redeemed itself if the girl that took his place was using The Duke as the controller. Seeing a girl with something huge in her hands as she manipulates it to get her way always gets me hot.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that episode of Life was terrible. I wanted to laugh through that entire section but was too amazed that it was real.

That Life clip is atrocious, I have a hard time believing that was shot within the last 15 years. I love how at the end, when they actually reach "level 10" the doors in the cutscene literally open and a whole bunch of file manager windows pop up :lol - couldn't of they at least showed the game reboot into some sort of operating system or something?

It sort of reminds me of those 80s and early 90s movies where someone would "hack" into a computer system and their "hacking" would be portrayed as them literally flying a virtual character through magical doors in cyberspace. Think Weird Science where they're hacking into the pentagon or something to draw more power to bring their doll to life :lol

Coolio McAwesome said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbsWKztYzw

This scene isn't embarrassing, but it always bothered me as a kid. Why the kids acting as though they are both playing Mario 3 at the same time, even though they're clearly not? RAGE!

It's always bothered me that they are both playing at the same time. Also I'd never seen a Power Glove before I saw this.

Sega getting mentioned in Austin Powers and The Lost World: JP made me happy to the point that I remember those refferences several years later. That's pretty embarassing.

iDoubleSpy said:
O_O

I'm just speechless. I'm pretty sure the Super Mario Brothers Movie is nothing but embarrassing.

Your mistake is calling the film "Super Mario Bros." rather than its original title of "Twisted Mildly Violent Buddy-Plumber Action-Comedy That Has Nothing To Do With Nintendo"

If you go into the movie knowing its original name it's actually good.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The Street Fighter II scene in City Hunter is a cult favourite. How can you hate it? Heck the entire movie kicks arse and is one of my favourite parody Jackie Chan flicks.

dfyb

Banned
gameConsole.jpg

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Woah, I clicked a video about Jackie Chan and I fell into fucking NeoGAF!

HELP!

I'M TRAPPED!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE LET ME OUT!!!

LevityNYC

Banned
MisterHero said:
it was Fred Savage

so you were right

No it wasn't Fred Savage, he didnt compete. It was his retard brother who found the whistle. He played against the annoying kid and some weird girl

stuminus3

Uh... that "Life" clip was for real...?

I thought it was a supposed to be some kind of parody. Wow. That's bad.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
last night at dinner my friend explained his newfound fascination with travel and realizing how big and wondrous the world is to "getting the airship in an rpg for the first time."

:lol

Top Bottom