• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] More retailer listings appear! (Mario Cafe(?), GTAV, RE6, Rayman/DMC PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOBERMAN INC said:
Kind of disappointing to hear, I was hoping for GTA and RE to be next-gen games.

I suppose RE could pull of looking nice since the scale is pretty small, but GTA really will suffer.

RE6 would be on MT Framework, therefore it would look fantastic- see: Lost Planet 2, MvC3. But yeah, GTA will suffer- although I'd make the argument that GTA has never been fantastic in the graphics department, and so it doesn't matter too much. A San Andreas based game could look amazing, if RDR is anything to go by.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Ushojax said:
Why? Nintendo could easily be prepping a Cafe Mario title for late 2012 while a smaller team slaps together a second NSMB title for release this November. A second NSMB game would probably extremely cheap to make and would guarantee a sales boost leading well into 2012. It's a no-brainer.
There's big demand for another NSMB, so it would make a lot of sense to use it as an incentive to upgrade to Cafe. This would be undercut if Nintendo were to release another Wii instalment ~6-9 months before it.
Plus, I find it hard to believe that Nintendo could be showing off a 3D Mario game and two 2D Mario games in the next few days.

Truth101

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
Photos, obviously some dates and prices (999999 lol) are tentative. I think a 01/xx/11 date means a date within that month (xx) or something. That's what the employee had me to believe.

3DS: 01

360: 01 || 02 || 03

PC: 01 || 02

PS3: 01 || 02

Wii: 01

PS. Why did no one tell me about imgur? It's infinitely better than TinyPic. >_> I just found this out. haha.

Wii Vitality Sensor lives, I'm really hoping Animal Crossing 3DS comes out this year.

Imgur is god of photo upload/hosting sites.

edit:

What are?

Nintendo Wii 2 CO
3DS Game Store 24

Dascu

Nemesis556 said:
Photos, obviously some dates and prices (999999 lol) are tentative. I think a 01/xx/11 date means a date within that month (xx) or something. That's what the employee had me to believe.

PS. Why did no one tell me about imgur? It's infinitely better than TinyPic. >_> I just found this out. haha.
DmC is coming to PC too?

Foffy

Banned
Nemesis556 said:

..No Kirby on the Wii? Bullshit.

There's a chance that GTAV maybe day and date for the PC version, since all 3 versions are expected by the end of 2012. ooo

Edit: WWE 2012 is coming to PC also. Too bad it is by Yuke's :(

Edit: These lists wouldn't include Project Cafe games, right? It's at least a year from launch.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Foffy said:
And no Xenoblade either, even though that's already been classified by the ratings board in Australia, where this list was found.

Knowing how tightly Nintendo have things locked down, I think NSMB Wii 2 is speculation.

Nemesis_

Foffy said:
And no Xenoblade either, even though that's already been classified by the ratings board in Australia, where this list was found.

I don't think you're aware of how long it takes Nintendo Australia to inform stores or the media when games are coming out. That's not bullshit at all. But I suppose only the people who write for local Nintendo websites would know that. Xenoblades has been classified but not officially announced by Nintendo Australia. To give some perspective, Electroplankton was classified but NEVER released in Australia.

To be fair we could talk about how they wouldn't inform that a new Mario game was coming out, though maybe because this is a big title they did. Who knows. But yeah, if you knew how Nintendo Australia works it kind of makes sense. They're very schizophrenic with what they announce straight away and what they sit on for ages.

Nintendo Wii 2 CO
3DS Game Store 24

The Wii 2 console?

Judging by the price of the later one, it's probably just a game storage case that holds 24 games?

Truth101

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
I don't think you're aware of how long it takes Nintendo Australia to inform stores when games are coming out. That's not bullshit at all. But I suppose only the people who write for local Nintendo websites would know that. Xenoblades has been classified but not officially announced by Nintendo Australia. To give some perspective, Electroplankton was classified but NEVER released in Australia.

The Wii 2 console?

Judging by the price of the later one, it's probably just a game storage case that holds 24 games?

Ah, that seems plausible.

i thought Gotham Impostors was a downloadable title? Eh, we'll see how much of this list turns out to be accurate. I can't see all of that being at E3 this year.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Well that "retailer list" shows Nintendo Wii 2 Console and Super Mario Wii 2. In this case it would definitely be mario for Wiii 2. New Super Mario Bros. Stream essentially.

Perhaps it is the first game Nintendo will announce. Of course aside from Pikmin. It it the game that most makes sense on paper because the team is free, and the design works for the new features of the console.

Nemesis_

Blue Ninja said:
i thought Gotham Impostors was a downloadable title? Eh, we'll see how much of this list turns out to be accurate. I can't see all of that being at E3 this year.

I did mark this as a rumour for a reason. But even if it doesn't all turn out to be true, it's nice to speculate. Haha.

Quacking

k0Vz8.jpg

Truth101

Banned
Shikamaru Ninja said:
Well that "retailer list" shows Nintendo Wii 2 Console and Super Mario Wii 2. In this case it would definitely be mario for Wiii 2. New Super Mario Bros. Stream essentially.

Perhaps it is the first game Nintendo will announce. Of course aside from Pikmin. It it the game that most makes sense on paper because the team is free, and the design works for the new features of the console.

Full Hype mode ahead.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Nemesis556 said:
I don't think you're aware of how long it takes Nintendo Australia to inform stores or the media when games are coming out. That's not bullshit at all. But I suppose only the people who write for local Nintendo websites would know that. Xenoblades has been classified but not officially announced by Nintendo Australia. To give some perspective, Electroplankton was classified but NEVER released in Australia.

To be fair we could talk about how they wouldn't inform that a new Mario game was coming out, though maybe because this is a big title they did. Who knows. But yeah, if you knew how Nintendo Australia works it kind of makes sense. They're very schizophrenic with what they announce straight away and what they sit on for ages.
That's the point I was trying to make. Trust me, I know about how bizarre and terrible Nintendo Australia are!
It sort of makes sense that if they have a massive title coming up, they would inform retailers early so they can clear shelf space, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that Nintendo of Australia would be the ones leaking out this information.
Shikamaru Ninja said:

Now that makes more sense!
Perhaps they're filing some Cafe stuff under 'Wii' for now.

Nemesis556 said:

Oh boy, December 31st is going to be so awesome.

-MB-

Yet its listed amongst all other titles on that list that we can safely say are 2012.
Besides all placeholders here still have it for november.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
If they're willing to list Super Mario Wii2 I wonder why they haven't listed some of the multiplatform games for Wii2 as well (namely RE6 and GTAV). It's probably either:

A) The listing is an unreliable source of information in this particular case
B) The games are releasing before Wii2.
C) The intended Wii2 versions won't release simultaneously with the other 2, and will be coming a bit later.
D) These games won't be coming to the Wii2.

I'm betting on A, with a slight leaning towards C.

Dabanton

So i'm now fully expecting an GTAV announcement with a trailer reveal in late autumn and a release date of spring 2012.

Nemesis_

Jinfash said:
If they're willing to list Super Mario Wii2 I wonder why they haven't listed some of the multiplatform games for Wii2 as well (namely RE6 and GTAV). It's probably either:

C) The intended Wii2 versions won't release simultaneously with the other 2, and will be coming a bit later.

Oh they're supplier hasn't confirmed RE6 or GTA for Cafe to them just yet?

-BLITZ-

Nirolak said:
Don't panic:

Yes, you're right on that one but I being a standard gamer of PC is very hard when you want to play a new game exactly in those days of release, especially when it comes with GTA Series finding out that is only Console and you don't have one. Look what they did to IV announcing PC version to be released 5 months after Console.

Impossible to not make for PC too, they are R* and this is GTA.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
-BLITZ- said:
Yes, you're right on that one but I being a standard gamer of PC is very hard when you want to play a new game exactly in those days of release, especially when it comes with GTA Series finding out that is only Console and you don't have one. Look what they did to IV announcing PC version to be released 5 months after Console.

Impossible to not make for PC too, they are R* and this is GTA.
Though notably, when Rockstar moved their projects from single studio to multi studio, they put Leeds in charge of PC versions, which seems to be starting with Max Payne.

Edit:

Looking at the OP again, it seems GTA V has shown up on the PC list as well.

But yes, I agree with you, Take-Two's recent behavior has been very annoying.

Dennis

Banned
Nirolak said:
Looking at the OP again, it seems GTA V has shown up on the PC list as well.

But yes, I agree with you, Take-Two's recent behavior has been very annoying.
I will believe GTA V on my PC when I see it loading up.

We never got RDR.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey, PC Version of Street Fighter X Tekken, cool. Thats the one that plays like Street Fighter, right?

Also, I spy anther Resident Evil.

And where is Hal's Kirby game for the Wii, or is it going to be pushed back to the Cafe :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Given that the prices are Australian, the store is Australian.

Even when the OFLC classifications aren't leaking anything, Australia still steps up! Good job guys! :p

Shikamaru Ninja said:

Except it's listed as a 2011 game with Wii 2 being 2012.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Jinfash said:

Or Super Mario Wii 2 means NSMB Wii 2, which would explain why the release date is a year before that of the Wii 2 console.

Rlan

Definitely just looks like a splurge of names just added to the database. Bastion, Gotham Imposters and From Dust are all XBLA titles. Interesting to see Back To The Future for 360 there if it's a retail disc.

Interesting that no Halo game is on there. A lot of those games are merely thoughts in heads at this point (RE6), if anything you'd think they'd add that just in case.

-MB-

Also coudl explain SS beign pushed to 2012 to make it a cafe launch title, giving nsmbwii 2 space on its own during holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom