• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] More retailer listings appear! (Mario Cafe(?), GTAV, RE6, Rayman/DMC PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swerve

-MB- said:
Also coudl explain SS beign pushed to 2012 to make it a cafe launch title, giving nsmbwii 2 space on its own during holidays.

Skyward Sword is still there for 2011

It's quite convincing, as leaks go. I'm a believer. The SKU numbers are believable as the ordering they were entered into the system seems logical.

Mik2121

I'm sure someone already said this, but.. could you imagine if during the Nintendo conference, they announced the next big Mario title for Cafe and, at the end, had a video of GTAV? The console is supposedly going to get released in the second half of 2012 so this won't probably happen (I'd guess GTAV will come early next year, but maybe no, so who knows..). But if it did, it would be something really amusing :p

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ushojax said:
Or Super Mario Wii 2 means NSMB Wii 2, which would explain why the release date is a year before that of the Wii 2 console.
I missed the photos and OP didn't mention the dates lol. Even though the date "31/12/11" is definitely a placeholder, it's looking more likely now that it NSMBWii2. After all, Nintendo mention that there's a few unannounced games for Wii.

I got too excited, but I still hope I get proven right come Tuesday.

Blue Ninja said:
i thought Gotham Impostors was a downloadable title? Eh, we'll see how much of this list turns out to be accurate. I can't see all of that being at E3 this year.
It's meant to be but the name was originally leaked from retailer listings ages ago.

swerve

Well, that's blown it.

Nothing at E3 is, in practice, going to make me as happy as NSMBWii 2, this year. I mean, I may get more excited about other things in the short-term, but the game which will make me happiest has just been leaked. Bummer.

Triton55

I don't get why they'd be working on NSMBWii2 instead of a NSMB for Wii2. Wii has already gotten more than its fair share of Mario titles and NSMB would be perfect for showing off the Wii2 if everyone got their own screen.

swerve

AceBandage said:
No way they'd be making a NSMB2 for the Wii.
You people is crazy.

Why not? Stream is still a way off, and will only launch with SHOOTING GAMES, RPGs and with no blue skies. Like grown-ups play :)

Also, being more serious, NSMBWii is one of the biggest successes on Wii - with incredibly positive feedback and a massive fan base. It's 15million guaranteed sales, possibly bundled with the $99-150 machine.

Galaxy got a sequel two years after the original... And if you think even more about it, a new Mario 2D platformer, a new 3D Zelda, and a new Rhythm Heaven. It's Wii's *best ever holiday*

Perfectly plausible idea.

Because:

A) Wasted resources. It would be better spent on a NSMB3DS or Cafe.
B) Zelda is their big holiday title. No way they are going to have Mario compete with Zelda.
C) It would be New Super Mario World, not Bros.

swerve

AceBandage said:
Because:

A) Wasted resources. It would be better spent on a NSMB3DS or Cafe.
B) Zelda is their big holiday title. No way they are going to have Mario compete with Zelda.
C) It would be New Super Mario World, not Bros.

A) They could be training up the newbies. Nintendo have hired more staff in the past four years than at any point in their history.

B) Zelda is big. Mario is bigger. If you are competing to get your machine to 100 million sales, you don't hold back. Wii sales must be super profitable at this point.

C) That's wishful thinking. I'm wishing it with you, but it's still wishful thinking.

PSFan said:
The Mario game is probably for Cafe with the Wii 2=Cafe not NSMB2

Read before posting? NSMBWii2 is listed as for 2011

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So what do people think NSMBWii 2 would sell? Half as much as the first so an insane success but still being discussed as if it's a bomba because it will demonstrate better than anything else the Wii's imminent death or what? Anyway, sales aside I hope it's true and is a Galaxy 2 style improvement in how fresh it's gonna feel despite the formula.

I doubt they'd be making a NSMBWii for 3DS or Cafe to launch this year. When the title has the potential to sell 20 million or whatever under the right circumstances you'd think they want a little bigger install base first. Then again, I don't remember when it launched for the original DS and they really need a hit for 3DS.

swerve

Alextended said:
So what do people think NSMBWii 2 would sell? Half as much as the first so an insane success but still being discussed as if it's a bomba because it will demonstrate better than anything else the Wii's imminent death or what?

No. I'd predict very similar to the first. I think there are millions of families out there who had the same experiences I did with NSMB Wii and would *leap* at more of that.

Truth101

Banned
Alextended said:
So what do people think NSMBWii 2 would sell? Half as much as the first so an insane success but still being discussed as if it's a bomba because it will demonstrate better than anything else the Wii's imminent death or what? Anyway, sales aside I hope it's true and is a Galaxy 2 style improvement in how fresh it's gonna feel despite the formula.

It depends if Nintendo kills the Wii or not, if they keep advertising and such stuff even after Cafe release I could see it reaching the levels of the first one, after a longer period of time though.

swerve

cjelly said:
So it looks like a New Super Marios Bros game with be the game that shows off Cafe.

Cafe's Wii Sports, if you will.

Why? Did Wii Sports come out 9 months before the Wii?

Plus, New Super Mario Bros was *also* a game that shows off Wii. Certainly one of Wii's defining experiences when played multi player.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
cjelly said:
So it looks like a New Super Marios Bros game with be the game that shows off Cafe.

Cafe's Wii Sports, if you will.

No it doesn't. It looks like Nintendo is making a sequel to NSMBWii as one last push for the Wii before the Cafe arrives. That one game should carry the Wii well into 2012.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No KOF XIII makes me sad panda

legacyzero

Banned
it says Far Cry 3.....

IT SAYS FAR CRY 3!!!!!!!!1

ok. ok... calm down... must not get hyped yet.

EDIT: Hmmm... Walking dead.. I wonder if that a serious title, or if it's named after the TV show?

swerve said:
If it meant *nothing*, why would it differentiate the year for Wii 2?

Because these lists are useless for dates. Just for games that are coming.

Anyway, we'll see. I just can not fathom them announcing a Mario game for the Wii, especially when they have 3 for the 3DS to show off and likely one for the Cafe.

TheOddOne

legacyzero said:
it says Far Cry 3.....

IT SAYS FAR CRY 3!!!!!!!!1

ok. ok... calm down... must not get hyped yet.
Ubisoft has been working on 2(?) FPS's for a while now. A bunch of job listings also point to that.

-BLITZ-

Nirolak said:
Though notably, when Rockstar moved their projects from single studio to multi studio, they put Leeds in charge of PC versions, which seems to be starting with Max Payne.

Edit:

Looking at the OP again, it seems GTA V has shown up on the PC list as well.

But yes, I agree with you, Take-Two's recent behavior has been very annoying.

Now is been confirmed and is good to know.
The single thing that worries me the most is if they are going to make V, then they should do it right this time. I mean, after 16 patches the PC version acts normal. What they did in those 4 years of development I really don't know. If they are going to release in 2012, then better to learn from their own mistakes now. I think IV was one of the most controversial game with the most larger number of bugs reported, hundreds of thousands of topics and post made on those two-three weeks of their PC release.
If they are going to show a gameplay demo at E3 2011, then the game is already 70% finished and we are doomed.

Far Cry 3 - oh my, this is gold.

Dilly

Banned
2San said:
Meh even if there wasn't a pc version it wouldn't be that bad. The PC version of GTAIV is complete and utter trash. Honestly never buying a pc version of anything of Rockstar again unless they can prove that they can properly port games now.

Since the latest patch, I had quite decent performance.

Anyway, it's still Rockstar. Maybe they'll randomly decide to release a GTAV PC version after the hype is over.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Far Cry 3 has been known forever. :p

far-cry-3-covernmes.jpg

Paracelsus

You can still see FFXIV PS3 which is probably going to get canned, you can see The Agent which is TBA Q4 2012 at the very best, and Versus is STILL not available for preorder.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Ushojax said:
No it doesn't. It looks like Nintendo is making a sequel to NSMBWii as one last push for the Wii before the Cafe arrives. That one game should carry the Wii well into 2012.
You're reading the 'Wii 2' wrong.

It means 'New Super Mario Bros FOR Wii 2' not 'NSMBW2'.

swerve

AceBandage said:
Because these lists are useless for dates. Just for games that are coming.

Clearly the list is not giving clear dates, just placeholders. On that we can agree. However, if they registered the new game *after* they registered Wii 2 CONSOLE (which you can tell from the SKU number), then it would make sense for it to have a 2012 date.

And yet it has a 2011 date.

legacyzero

Banned
TheOddOne said:
Ubisoft has been working on 2(?) FPS's for a while now. A bunch of job listings also point to that.
Nirolak said:
Far Cry 3 has been known forever. :p

far-cry-3-covernmes.jpg

I know I know... My emotions are all over the place like when my wife was pregnant. I'm so happy, yet worried that they are gonna do something stupid to it. Like not put in a map editor.

MUST....MAKE.......MMAAAAAAAPS!

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
NSMBW II is the only way for Nintendo to hit the Wii target this year. It could be something like Galaxy -> Galaxy 2: Ideas they had for the first and were executed at the sequel.

cjelly said:
You're reading the 'Wii 2' wrong.

It means 'New Super Mario Bros FOR Wii 2' not 'NSMBW2'.

I'd say it's just a typo, there are several more on that page (WI instead of WII, for instance), it has a tentative 2011 release date, it's on the list of Wii games and it's the only "WII 2" listing.

Neiteio

If we're getting a NSMBW2, I hope this doesn't mean EAD Group #4 has been held up from working on Pikmin 3 yet again. :-\

steverulez said:
That boxart suggests its set in Africa again doesn't it? Uhhh
Well, if you're trying to make some sort of wry political commentary that Africa is in flames, maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom