• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] More retailer listings appear! (Mario Cafe(?), GTAV, RE6, Rayman/DMC PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

GodDuckman said:
The fact that none of the major news outlets have picked up this story makes it more interesting.

Perhaps these are all embargoed?
At this point most "journalists" are traveling for E3 so delay in news is understandable

I'm in my home in Bradenton, Florida (about an hour south of Tampa) in the livingroom on my handy little Toshiba netbook trying to soak all of this pre-E3 madness in. I don't know what else to say at this moment. All I know is that E3 2011 is gonna be an E3 unlike any other. I've never anticipated an E3 more than this one.

Hold me GAF!

GodDuckman said:
The fact that none of the major news outlets have picked up this story makes it more interesting.

Perhaps these are all embargoed?

Maybe.

or maybe most have learned to need more info then some pics of a easily faked pages with random game names on it.

There is one nearly every year before e3 and they always turn out to be fake.

Just google "e3 leaked list" and a year and you will find CVG, kotaku or some other site reporting on a rumored list of announced games in the weeks leading to e3.

But yeah The fact none have reported this leads me to think some of it might be real. (lol)

Nemesis_

Worthintendo said:
It's pretty obvious that the retailer in question is EBGames, the Ocarina Edition really explains it.

My theory? EBGames Australia recently announced that there is going to be a conference in October, which will showcase all the games, footage and such that were shown at E3 to the Australian public. These will be held after the managers and such watch everything and move on.

There's even rumours that Cafe will be playable a whole four months after the Cafe reveal
. Would it be at all possible that EBGames knows about these products and such because they ACTUALLY NEED TO in order to properly organise the event?

How much time in advance are these things planned?

I think this is pretty important, and has been overlooked? What do you guys think? I know nothing of event logistics beyond attending a few. =P

funkystudent said:
Maybe.

or maybe most have learned to need more info then some pics of a easily faked pages with random game names on it.

There is one nearly every year before e3 and they always turn out to be fake.

Just google "e3 leaked list" and a year and you will find CVG, kotaku or some other site reporting on a rumored list of announced games in the weeks leading to e3.

But yeah The fact none have reported this leads me to think some of it might be reall. (lol)

I can confirm for sure that you can walk to a store right now in Australia and pre-order them. It's not a fake list. =/

Sai-kun

Banned
Hey, that looks like the lists of games to pre-order that we print out at GameStop/EBGames. In fact, that's almost certainly where it came from.

Look, I know I'll get a lot of flak for saying this, but I really didn't like NSMBWii, at all. Call me soul-less. I'm not a fan of the classic 2D side-scrolling Mario Bros games, except for Super Mario World on SNES. You know, I was always a SEGA-gamer at heart, back in those days. However I am also someone who absolutely adores the Galaxy games, especially the first one. The original Galaxy is my favorite Nintendo game of all time. I think more highly of it than I do Twilight Princess, and anyone who reads my posts know I love TP. Anyway, I want Project Cafe to have Super Mario Galaxy 3 or perhaps whatever Nintendo and EAD Tokyo come up with next, a "Super Mario Universe" or something. I totally, truly respect what EAD Tokyo did with Galaxy on Wii, a faster version of late 1990s hardware, the GameCube, with more RAM. I love Galaxy's gameplay, the levels, the artwork, the music, and the graphics. So I hope Mario Cafe is either another Galaxy, or a new Universe.

Sorry about this post, it probably sucks in some of your eyes. It's difficult to type right now. It's even more difficult to think clearly at a time like this.

deadnoob

bluedeviltron said:
Literally the only thing from this E3 that would excite me is a Grand Theft Auto announcement.

Same. I just thought about it and I remember getting GTA IV as a freshman in college, which I just graduated from 2 weeks ago. Its been too long - GTA V couldn't come soon enough.

Nemesis556 said:
I can confirm for sure that you can walk to a store right now in Australia and pre-order them. It's not a fake list. =/
oh....
well then.

it the info could be real if its from a gamestop or something.

Nemesis_

funkystudent said:
oh....
well then.

it the info could be real if its from a gamestop or something.

I get the feeling you didn't read the OP and skipped straight to the photos. lol

Nemesis556 said:
I get the feeling you didn't read the OP and skipped straight to the photos. lol
well it just says "local store". that could mean some random mom and pop store or the local gamestop.

double checked and that all I see.

List is probably just guesses but its not like its making any crazy guesses. The new games listed are sequels that have been confirmed, semi confirmed or heavily rumored. Could just be someone jumping ahead with info we already know.

Plus anyone can type out a list. Kind of need more then a random list from a random store. Now if GTA5 popped up on amazon later today, THAT i would trust.

I'm just skeptical.

hwalker84

Gomu Gomu said:
Hopefully, it's not another:
1272918631091m.jpg
:p
I know that list was fake but 50 Cent: Dead End would be awesome.

clav

The Broken Ska Record said:
The Halo remake is probably just going to be an XBLA title.
That could be it or a Halo: Reach DLC Mod.

Patch the game with a loader to where the hard disk content is for the Halo remake.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
If GTA V is announced I wonder how much MS paid to show it at their conference?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
BannedEpisode said:
If it is real the 200 dollar version of Uncharted 3 is eyebrow raising...
It's Australia, dude. The standard edition will be $120.
WinoMcCougarstein said:
Probably less than Nintendo were willing to pay.

WinoMcCougarstein said:
well MS is tossing money around like a mad man recently.

if it is there I wouldn't be shocked if they give take 2 a Billion and have the game as a timed exclusive

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The Broken Ska Record said:
The Halo remake is probably just going to be an XBLA title.
Nah. Microsoft will gladly take a full $60 for it.

clav

Dance In My Blood said:
Nah. Microsoft will gladly take a full $60 for it.
If that's the case, then how come it's not on the list?

It'll probably be a 1600 point expansion.

Halo 1 is 800 points right now for the Xbox 1 on Demand version?

claviertekky said:

It'll probably be a 1600 point expansion.

Halo 1 is 800 points right now for the Xbox 1 on Demand version?
If they charged full price for ODST which was basically a single player add on pack the remake will be full price.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
claviertekky said:
The list doesn't include every game that's coming, and I wouldn't be surprised if it includes a few that aren't in the foreseeable future.

Nedjoe

Neo Member
Someone noticed Resident Evil 6 in the system the other day and asked about it on EB's facebook, this was the response from an employee.

"LOL.... we have put SKu's in the system as a guess at what titles might be revealed at E3. So that way customers can put orders down as soon as there is an announcement. Unfortunately nothing is set in stone about those titles until we find out at E3 :)"

clav

funkystudent said:
If they charged full price for ODST which was basically a single player add on pack the remake will be full price.
I'll believe that if this Halo 1 remake is a disk version.

We'll know by Monday.

Either way, it'll probably be $30 on a Amazon Black Friday sale if it retails at $60 again.

clav

Krev said:
The list doesn't include every game that's coming, and I wouldn't be surprised if it includes a few that aren't in the foreseeable future.
Dance In My Blood said:
Because the list is probably junk.

Could be so.

I want surprises for E3.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Krev said:

Probably less than Nintendo were willing to pay.

Oh man, it would be so sweet to see GTA V at the Nintendo conference! I want to believe Nintendo is serious about getting back to hardcore gamers!

clav

WinoMcCougarstein said:
Oh man, it would be so sweet to see GTA V at the Nintendo conference! I want to believe Nintendo is serious about getting back to hardcore gamers!
Has Nintendo ever shown a M-rated game at their conferences in the past years?

claviertekky said:

Don't know. Even if not, who cares? They could really use the Cafe opportunity to announce GTAV, even in non-trailer form.

duk

Banned
as much as i LOVE halo: ce i wont pay $60 for it haha no way, unless they add like MAJOR upgrades and enhancements

only games I pay $60 for is like gears 3 or halo 4

clav

disappeared said:
Don't know. Even if not, who cares? They could really use the Cafe opportunity to announce GTAV, even in non-trailer form.
Oh. I just remembered the GTA Chinatown Wars announcement for the DS.

So yes, they've mentioned things.

Krev said:

Duh. My bad, read the third down as 69.99, second as 109, and the top as 209.

Made it look like there was some kinds of crazy ass third version.

Desperado

Nedjoe said:
Someone noticed Resident Evil 6 in the system the other day and asked about it on EB's facebook, this was the response from an employee.

"LOL.... we have put SKu's in the system as a guess at what titles might be revealed at E3. So that way customers can put orders down as soon as there is an announcement. Unfortunately nothing is set in stone about those titles until we find out at E3 :)"
Link?
edit: Found it.

http://www.facebook.com/emorii/posts/209601609078197

That about does it for this rumor, then.

claviertekky said:

Would you even WANT to buy a GTA-game on a Nintendo console?

Also Rockstar believes that GTA is bigger than E3, which they proved with the reveal trailer for GTAIV. That bitch crippled the Internet.

Most we're getting imho is a name drop (no logo drop though) with some potential exclusive (DLC) deal

Desperado said:
Link?
edit: Found it.

http://www.facebook.com/emorii/posts/209601609078197

That about does it for this rumor, then.

What I was thinking as well. Just hit up your average webshop and look at all their Coming Soon titles :D. Most of the shops in my country still have Last Guardian and Child of Eden PS3 as release for the end of this month....

antonz

StevePharma said:
Would you even WANT to buy a GTA-game on a Nintendo console?

Also Rockstar believes that GTA is bigger than E3, which they proved with the reveal trailer for GTAIV. That bitch crippled the Internet.

Most we're getting imho is a name drop (no logo drop though) with some potential exclusive (DLC) deal
Seeing as Cafe will be a superior system to the others and thus likely offer more stable framerates etc why wouldnt you buy it on cafe?

antonz said:
Seeing as Cafe will be a superior system to the others and thus likely offer more stable framerates etc why wouldnt you buy it on cafe?

We know nothing about their online service and Nintendo's track record is abysmal on that front.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
deadnoob said:
Same. I just thought about it and I remember getting GTA IV as a freshman in college, which I just graduated from 2 weeks ago. Its been too long - GTA V couldn't come soon enough.

Hey, I got GTA3 as a freshman in college! If I remember right, Tony Hawk 3 and GTA3 came out on the same day. Yeah, I skipped class that day... so what?

EDIT: Nevermind, they were a week apart but I must have purchased them on the same day. God I miss good Tony Hawk games :(

antonz

StevePharma said:
We know nothing about their online service and Nintendo's track record is abysmal on that front.
And That effects GTA basically Nil. People buy GTA for offline play. If GTAV comes out on Cafe and offers better framerates,lacks the texture popins etc its without a doubt the smartest choice to buy regardless of fanboy persuasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom