• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 to feature fully functional Virtua Fighter 2

lhQit.gif

def sim

I'm back on board for Yakuza 5. I had to take a serious break after playing three and four; no one person should be exposed to that much silly melodrama.

edit: oh us release isn't a definite. this whole thing again huh

Squire

Banned
Fucking. YES.

Is Yakuza 5 a new story arc? (Not that it's guaranteed to come over given Sega's financials.)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I love the art style of Virtua Fighter 2. My big dream is to have some huge RPG with character models and general detail around that level.

A lot of modern RPGs have detail well beyond what VF2 has. Do you mean you'd choose that detail level as an intentional stylistic choice? With the right art style that could look pretty great.

awesome...

Hasn't Sega been struggling financially for quite some time now? Yet that didn't stop them from bringing over Y3, Y4 and Dead Souls so there is hope right?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
As I understand it the Yakuza games do well for what they are, so I don't think a US release of Y5 is an impossibility. Might even be likely.

I love the art style of Virtua Fighter 2. My big dream is to have some huge RPG with character models and general detail around that level.

A lot of modern RPGs have detail well beyond what VF2 has. Do you mean you'd choose that detail level as an intentional stylistic choice? With the right art style that could look pretty great.

I love VF2's look as well, but I don't think it's style was intentional at all. They were trying to make the most detailed characters they could with the technology at the time. In retrospect, though, that clean polygon look is great. All those Model 1/2/3 games still look fantastic--just look at Daytona HD.

Yuterald

Man, there is a CRAZY amount of content/features in this game. Ugh...the more I hear about all of this the less likely I feel like this is going to get localized. =(

Nice!! Now they need to put the full Shenmue playable in the next one, so we can play Sega classic games inside a Sega classic game inside a new Sega classic game!

We have to go deeper...

Terra_Ex

Awesome, let's hope the localisation crew doesn't decide this won't "resonate" with western audiences, there's a hell of a lot of stuff being packed into this iteration.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I love VF2's look as well, but I don't think it's style was intentional at all. They were trying to make the most detailed characters they could with the technology at the time.

Yeah, but so were NES games, and that visual style is super hot in the indie world now. The funny thing about the bleeding edge of technology is that eventually it becomes something that reminds someone of their carefree youth.

Top Bottom