• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOW YOU SEE ME Trailer of parodying Nolan's movies with Eisenberg and Harrelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenodudeX

I don't know what the fuck is going on is that fucking Morgan Freeman again that one dimensional motherfucker turns up in every fucking movie where there's some sort of fucking speech involved we get it Morgan you can say things in a fucking smooth voice while tilting your head downwards a little and looking like the wise old cunt you are and what the fuck is going on I thought this was going to be some fucking hilarious shit because let's face it Jesse Eisenberg and Isla Fisher are the two greatest comedic actors working today and then you get Mark The Gruffalo Ruffalo and we all know that his sterling comedic work in films such as Where The Wild Things Are a comedy for children and adults alike means that he'd probably be a good fit for this but then shit starts going down with fucking horns and deep fucking music and you start to think what the fuck is going on and then you realise that cunt Morgan Freeman is in it now correct me if I'm wrong but the motherfucker turns up for two comedies and two comedies only and he's playing God in both, egotistical fuck or what come on man this could have been a pretty good comedy but it looks like Mission Impossible fucked 21 and instead of some prime anal sex we get Morgan fucking Freeman

http://picardsonghejustkepttalking.ytmnd.com/

Platy

Has a pretty good cast and a crazy story

It is always fun to see heist movies and magic movies because it is always fun to see inteligent main characters .. so a magic heist movie looks the best of both worlds.

But yes, the trailer did gave me a "...what ?" sense.

Lets hope for the best

Izick

I know people say this about pretty much anybody these days, but only shit does Eisenberg play the exact same character in everything.

i really hope this isn't a magic is real thing

Based on the trailer I think it's implied that the act of robbing the banks is a pretext for some other motive, like in Inside Man. Perhaps they're trying to expose people responsible for the sub-prime mortgage crisis or something to that effect. Stealing their money forces them out of the woodwork in a way that allows them access to incriminating evidence. In terms of how they're actually pulling it off, I've got a couple answers off the top of my head, though certainly not exhaustive by any means.

1) Replica Vault (Ocean's 11). Several shots seemed to suggest they were constructing one, which would mean they either never robbed the bank, or did so before or after the actual performance.

2) Unexplained Technology (The Prestige). Several shots also indicated that they might have access to some kind of hyper-advanced technology, both the device projecting holographic schematics, or the teleporter and accompanying helmet.

3) "Explained" Technology. Pick your poison of pseudo-scientific techno-babble based on the latest predictions of futurists and science fiction.

3) Actual Magic. The least interesting and least likely scenario in my view, though complicated by the scene of him 'throwing' the shackles onto Ruffalo's character and the teleporter 'smashing' the volunteer.

4) It's so simple, you never saw it coming (Inside Man). A seemingly impossible problem solved through out of the box solutions that leaves the audience feeling like they had all the tools to figure it out but just weren't clever enough. Difficult to do if you make the scheme too complicated or implausible.

5) A web of seemingly prescient, increasingly complicated, but technically possible master plans with an attempted explanation at the very end in a big ass pull.

My guess is some combination of 1 and 3. I think they're making a replica vault and they're using some type of sci-fi technology to create holograms or hallucinations to make the volunteer think they've been teleported.

DMczaf

ibe7Eac2EqEkQz.gif

How is this a Prestige parody/ripoff? Magic existed long before Christopher Nolan discovered it.

For real? It's got the switching of the cuffs from prisoner to guard. It's got the woman drowning in the tank on stage in a trick going wrong. It's got Morgan Freeman narrating a very poorly reworded monologue from The Prestige regarding the audience looking closely. Then after that, Michael Caine himself fucking shows up. Oh, and then there's the whole IS IT REAL MAGIC?! How did Jesse Eisenberg get from the stage to Paris in three seconds?! Does he call his trick THE NEW NEW TRANSPORTED MAN?

For real? It's got the switching of the cuffs from prisoner to guard. It's got the woman drowning in the tank on stage in a trick going wrong. It's got Morgan Freeman narrating a very poorly reworded monologue from The Prestige regarding the audience looking closely. Then after that, Michael Caine himself fucking shows up. Oh, and then there's the whole IS IT REAL MAGIC?! How did Jesse Eisenberg get from the stage to Paris in three seconds?! Does he call his trick THE NEW NEW TRANSPORTED MAN?

Close it down. Christopher Nolan has patented magic acts.

Lach

Perfect expression of my feelings. Started watching expecting a parody trailer...towards the end I wasn't so sure (the quality is great, the actors are great but the story is just waaaaay over the top to be a real movie). Can't believe it's real but I kinda wanna see it!

JDSN

Banned
Ill see it on account of Harrelson.

Time to update my "Stuff created by Nolan" list:

-Posters with people with their backs turned.
-Movie title at the end.
-Horns.
-Grittyness.
-Morgan Freeman and Caine.
-Magic.

Swig_

That three seconds of Michael Caine speaking makes me want a Nolan movie with Caine as an evil character. He's always Professor McNiceguy. I want to see him fucking shit up.

But yeah, it's like Zombieland raped The Prestige and this was born.

I just watched the trailer and it does like it is going to have more than few twists in it.

Nolan'esque, especially with the cast.

Makoto

That three seconds of Michael Caine speaking makes me want a Nolan movie with Caine as an evil character. He's always Professor McNiceguy. I want to see him fucking shit up.
Don't you dare tell me Harry Brown didn't fulfill that.

Nugg

I guess only France GAF will be able to help me with this, but is that bank guy José Garcia? The cast is mindblowing.

What are you guys smoking, maybe its some joke am not getting. This trailer sold me on the the movie, the second trailer cemented it fo me. So gonna watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom