• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite attack animations?

First time my friend did this move to me I nearly jumped out my seat in awe. It looks so brutal and it's very cool to look at.

iHdkewzrtooD2.gif

rataven

I'm a sucker for Omnislash, in all it's iterations. But Ver5 from Dissidia is particularly satisfying. No hard feelings.

Tailzo

I remember watching the shenmue attack animations over and over. The ones you can see when you open up the list of all your moves. Great animations.

Raoh from GG is a work of animation beauty

ibpsZN3fnvQwkm.png

ib27oYUcCiC1m2.gif

Zappa in there 'conducting' this monster is a lovely touch.

And then there's everything done in Vampire Savior

idyJ1EK2OincB.gif

It's hard to appreciate it during at typical turbo speeds but slowed down there's a real love for the craft of animation in every frame. Yummy.

baphomet

Can't seem to find a .gif of it, but when I was around 10 I thought Genan's (Samurai Shodown) heavy overhead slash was the coolest animation I'd ever seen. The way he kinda walks forward after the slash was just really neat when I was younger.

Edit: after seeing the post above I'm going to say I love the entire Darkstalkers series sprite work. Huitzil more than anything.

lol I forgot all about this. Man, this game looks so good.

Are you okay? BUSTAAAAAA WOLF!

tumblr_lu9slsT43G1r3xsdyo1_400.gif
Ah yes, I LOVE this move and Terry is my favorite of all KoF characters.

First time my friend did this move to me I nearly jumped out my seat in awe. It looks so brutal and it's very cool to look at.
I call that the Popeye Punch. Kens is pretty ruthless as well. And Guile's triple kick combo is devastating looking.

Some good fighting game stuff in here, bonus points to Jedah and the Guilty stuff. But let's be real, the lack of Dio Brando in this thread is sorely disappointing

dio-lazer.gif
dio-theworld5.gif
dio-super.gif

Loxley

dragon-execution-in-s1fzgn.gif

I've been on a big Skyrim kick lately, and that damn dragon-kill animation never gets old. Mostly because it's so damn difficult to actually trigger.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dragon-execution-in-s1fzgn.gif

I've been on a big Skyrim kick lately, and that damn dragon-kill animation never gets old. Mostly because it's so damn difficult to actually trigger.
Wait, how DO you trigger these? I always used magic...

Siegmeyer

Huge fan of the combat in the Arkham games, Batman in full flow is a sight to behold.

Also love Akira from the VF series, they capture the raw power of his moves beautifully.

I'm expecting to see a lot from Dragon's Crown soon...

dragons-crown-sorceress-walking-animation1.gif

^ Someone has got to do a running animation.

And also, one of my favorite attack animations is in WoW...Female Undead Rogue - Hemorrhage.

There's a move in the Arkham games when you get some momentum going and attack a bad guy stood behind you, and Batman does a backwards flip and double-foots the guy in the chest, sending him flying. Especially glorious when its the last takedown and it gives you the slo-mo.

Jump, L1+O in God of Wars 1-3.

Otsukare

Neo Member
XeVwNIg.gif

It doesn't get more badass than this.
This thing is so deadly, so violent, so frightening, Capcom censored it for your own protection!.

Airgetlam

I couldn't find a gif of it. But the riposte animation for the Murakumo with the Hornet's Ring equipped is pretty cool in Dark Souls. Very satisfying to pull off.

K.Sabot

XeVwNIg.gif

It doesn't get more badass than this.
This thing is so deadly, so violent, so frightening, Capcom censored it for your own protection!.

In the lore, Gen was the only person to block it and still be able to fight. He had to block it by emptying his soul before it could be utterly destroyed.

Top Bottom