• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie (Gaming/Commentary channel) became the most-subscribed channel on YouTube

Gorillaz

He puts our the dumbest shit in the world and kids....because thats what seems like is his demographic, eat that shit up.

megalowho

I watched him play some Walking Dead for a bit, couldn't really take his schtick. Or if it's not a character, dude is pretty immature.

Still, good for him. Get yours, YouTube guy. We should all be so lucky to get rich off doing what we enjoy.

I know a guy that caught me by surprise by telling me he was a fan of Pewdiepie. Now I barely respect this guy as a human being. I know that's awful and petty. I don't care.

Broank

Holy... he is that big? Seems to do the same thing a bunch of annoying Youtube people have been doing for a long time, play scary games and make ear piercing screams. And yet... 12 million subscribers.

Kangi

pillsu7u91.gif

Didn't even have to wait fifteen seconds for the perfect reaction.

Yawnier

Banned
Okay wow, I knew he was pretty big and popular but had no idea he was more popular than Jenna Marbles, Smosh, and the like,

Grinchy

Banned
I can't stand the person but I can't blame him for doing his thing if it's making him this much money. The real culprits here are the millions of morons who are stupid enough to find his schtick entertaining.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've never heard of this guy, which honestly surprises me.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. While YouTube can be a great resource for different learning opportunities, things such as this just come up and make me give YouTube the shake of shame.

Salex

Banned
Man this guy must be set for the next 20+ years and will continue to be making money with any and every video as long as he has that Youtube account. Can't hate on him if that's what the people want. You guys should be mad at his audience IMO. He seems like a decent person outside of those LP videos.

Fatbody

Where exactly are all these viewers coming from? I never see his material discussed here on Gaf, or with anyone I know who's into gaming culture. Is this a Europe thing? Or maybe a teen girl thing?

Actually, now that I think about it, he kind of looks like a mid-level British boy-band member.

Elija2

It must feel amazing to be able to literally live off youtube. Too bad it always seems to be shit like that.

I wonder about that. He won't be able to live off of Youtube forever. Eventually people will grow tired of him in however many years or he'll just stop making videos himself. I wonder if these people that live off of Youtube ever plan ahead like that.

Mzo

I don't know the details, but I assume someone who is actually talented saw how well his reaction videos to Amnesia did and set up a professional channel for him to defecate all over. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else is making bank and paying him after.

Top Bottom