• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Should I confront a co-worker re: Her passive agressive Facebook status about me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkyn

Why do you care what she thinks about your singing / whistling? It's not like you're performing in front of an audience and need decent reviews. You're just doing it for yourself. If she can hear you, try not getting too carried away and be a little quieter. At any rate, don't let someone else's opinion bring you down. Leave it alone and move on.

iammeiam

You need to "get back at her" for venting on her feed that a person she doesn't name or in any way apparently identify as you is being fucking irritating? Your name's not on it, you're not FB friends, there's no indicator I can see that any of your joint coworkers would realize she's talking about you. She went in for a work session and a guy she doesn't know that well, at her new job, was exhibiting aggravating behavior. Instead of confronting the stranger about it and causing a conflict at her relatively new job, where she may not be totally secure in the office politics, she bitched on Facebook. This isn't really a revenge scenario unless you're ridiculously insecure.

slit

Let it go, it's not worth it. In the end, it's such a trivial thing to obsess over. She didn't even confront you about it so just forget it.

in one of my older jobs we had a fuckin cunt who'd "pen & pencil drum" around his desk like he was Tommy Lee or some shit.

one of the guys grabbed his monitor, threw it againt the wall and told him he would fuck him up if he kept doing it. dude was fired but the cunt stopped doing it.

You were in the wrong. So if you intend to confront her it better be with a simple apology. Though most of all I'd recommend just ignoring the whole situation and to try and give her a better impression of yourself from now on if you care what she thinks of you.

terrisus

Facebook drama?

Just delete your Facebook account and be done with it (well, aside from all the information that Facebook keeps on you even after you delete your account anyway).

EDIT: Also, "fateful," not "faithful." Unless you spent the day in church or with your trusty dog or something.

Get the fuck over it. If you confronted her about it in any way (heh, as if) you will look creepy and self-absorbed.

Even more so than your OP suggests.

QP3

Not worth it. Plus she will probably label you a creep for the detective work even though it is shit everyone on FB does.

Yeah. Total backfire.

I suggest next time you catch yourself whistling or humming at work that you a) stop doing it, and b) apologize to her for doing it.

This is called etiquette.

Wow man, you are completely in the wrong here in two ways. The first way is your whistling was probably annoying as fuck. You were doing something wrong. The second way is, if you did confront her, you would have to be forthright about the fact that you actually went out of your way to read all her facebook posts. Btw I should go out of my way to point out this is on another level of facebook stalking. Most guys I know just click "photos" and check out a few pics. You actually read all her statuses? Yeah, mentioning that you just noticed her status from a while ago couldn't possibly go disastrously for you now could it?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
What the fuck at caring about this? It would be one thing if you were friend's with her, but to be stalking her on Facebook then confront here about a post she made is fucking creepy.

Also stop humming and singing while at work please, co-workers hate that shit.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
LOL, just act subtlety passive aggressive towards her for the next month at work like everyone else would have done.

The best route is to go the zen route and forgive and forget, but we all know you're not going to do that.

The worst course of action is the one you really want to take.

Courage

Show her Taylor Swift's "You Belong with Me" lyrics and then ask her if she could clone herself

lV2kE.png

Seance

Banned
Grow up. Either quit the singing or stop giving a shit about about the petty things people will post on Facebook.

Effect

Don't confront her and stop whistling.

This. This is actually very simple OP. You know what you're doing so stop it and call it a day. You're in a public space so others have a right to complain if someone is being annoying. In fact she should be the one confronting you. You're in the wrong here. Don't say anything to her. Just turn down the volume and stop making noise at work.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I want to confront her about why she cannot simply come to my desk next time and tell me to stop singing, instead of ranting her frustrations about people and things around her on a public Facebook status....But I cannot do that, because the irony of me making this thread about her will kill me.

What say you GAF?
She's posting it on Facebook instead of asking you to stop because she doesn't want to be confontational. Instead, she complained on her Facebook which is completely in her right. You're not her friend on Facebook, either. Nothing disrespectful has been done. Maybe you should stop whistling if it's an annoyance to people around you, perhaps.

feel

Lovely backfire. Yes, please comfront her about it, you deserve all the awkward social situations the world could throw at you.

The only thing more cringe-worthy than the OP is everyone in this thread pretending that whistling is some kind of mortal sin just so they can get with dog-piling on the "backfire".
You people really live for this shit huh

HeySeuss

The only thing more cringe-worthy than the OP is everyone in this thread pretending that whistling is some kind of mortal sin just so they can get with dog-piling on the "backfire".

Don't be passive aggressive brah. OP doesn't like it.

Yonafunu

Whatever you do, don't stop whistling. In fact, start drumming along on your table. That'll teach her.

This, so much this. Come on people, it's just whistling. Who the fuck cares.

I just came from the cryptolocker virus thread, and between the virus and you, I can't say which one is worse. Probably you though, at least I can get rid of the virus for $300.

Cipherr

Don't confront her and stop whistling.

Bam, done.

I can absolutely see how that would be annoying. The posting on the facebook instead of confronting you is lame, but so is creeping her facebook. So you are both even, let it go and stop singing aloud at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom