• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon: Remix RPG Adventure - Fan Translation Project Almost Done (Testing Phase)

Once finished, this will stand alongside Policenauts as the dopest PS1 fan translations ever (I'd imagine Mother 3 is GOAT, haven't played it)

KTallguy

Banned
Gotta finish this eventually. It's a very meditative game. But in order to make real progress I need to use a guide. I feel like I should rip it to my PSP...

cj_iwakura

Great news everyone, new build get. Should have screens soon, font has been updated and bugs have been squashed. Using this thread to light a fire under Esper does big things. :D

cj_iwakura

Behold the Sacred Hero, scourge of dragons and stray animals everywhere!

ViuUfK5.jpg

Tkr6ki5.jpg

2DziAzi.jpg

KKr2DPA.jpg

L4ucxNZ.jpg

hqkLjz0.jpg

E9ClKk8.jpg

REiHCCe.jpg

ZqHfb2x.jpg

New font is a MASSIVE improvement. Just need to fix the spacing a bit, some stray JP text, and the name input, and the game is pretty much gold.

Sinople

Behold the Sacred Hero, scourge of dragons and stray animals everywhere!

New font is a MASSIVE improvement. Just need to fix the spacing a bit, some stray JP text, and the name input, and the game is pretty much gold.
Those character portraits do a great job at not matching their sprite.

Benslammin

Neo Member
I haven't posted in forever, but I finally remembered my password and I wanted to post in this thread just to perhaps see if there has been any progress.

With the success of Undertale, which seems very similar is style or inspired by love de lic games, it would be cool to finally see this obscure gem possible to play for western audiences.

I haven't posted in forever, but I finally remembered my password and I wanted to post in this thread just to perhaps see if there has been any progress.

With the success of Undertale, which seems very similar is style or inspired by love de lic games, it would be cool to finally see this obscure gem possible to play for western audiences.

IgMyx.gif

Deft Beck

I always get excited when this thread is bumped, only to see that there is no actual new news.

Still, I am holding out hope.

cj_iwakura

I'll reach out to him. Bear in mind it is a surprisingly LONG game. But if any major updates happen, this thread will be the first to know.

I'll reach out to him. Bear in mind it is a surprisingly LONG game. But if any major updates happen, this thread will be the first to know.
Much appreciated. I assume that we're still stuck on a "almost done", but knowing people care may be a nice bit of motivation and encouragement.

I'm still looking forward to a fan translation but am also understanding that life happens, issues take priority, work/family may get in the way etc.

But if a translation could be done by Christmas, that'd be a fine holiday present, personally speaking.

cj_iwakura

Uh, since some people in the wild(hi /v/) think this is cancelled, just thought I'd clarify that it's not. Esper's still been ironing out bugs in the game, he just has a lot of other things going on, like usual.

Uh, since some people in the wild(hi /v/) think this is cancelled, just thought I'd clarify that it's not. Esper's still been ironing out bugs in the game, he just has a lot of other things going on, like usual.

The kinds of people who just decide translation projects are canceled based on absolutely nothing also don't tend to listen when people working on them clarify that they are not, really. :p

cj_iwakura

The kinds of people who just decide translation projects are canceled based on absolutely nothing also don't tend to listen when people working on them clarify that they are not, really. :p

True, but doesn't hurt to send along some reassurance. I poked him about it yesterday, and he'll try and look more into it. Personally I thought it was pretty playable from the few tester impressions I heard.

Every time I see this thread bumped my hopes are raised then cruelly stomped down again. In the time this thread was first created until now, my PSone died, was revived, and then died again.

butman

Never heard of this game before. Any similarities with other JRPG classics?
At first glance it look like kinda Dragon Quest-ish. That's why the hype?

daevious

Never heard of this game before. Any similarities with other JRPG classics?
At first glance it look like kinda Dragon Quest-ish. That's why the hype?

The interest surrounding this game is that it's an anti-RPG, you play as a small boy going around trying to undo the damage the hero is causing across the land.

Think Undertale; but referencing JRPGs that were popular in the NES/SNES era instead (one of the opening slides is explicitly joking about the use of Mode 7).

cj_iwakura

A help wanted ad just went up at RHDN:

After a few years hiatus, the Moon translation project is back, and we’re looking for your help!

Having a cult following despite only being available in Japanese, Love-de-lic’s Moon has been a highly anticipated game due to its mysterious nature and visuals. And today, we’re hoping someone here can help us further dispel the game’s mysteries.

We are looking for any talented PSX hackers to look into the game code to help us potentially bring back to life lost contents that are still hidden in the game. The biggest of these is a completely unused playable character who’s graphics are still available in the game. There are also lots of references to unused events through text and graphics that we suspect are still possible to activate in some form.

Unfortunately, on top of the hacking to get this project to its completed state, the time and skill to do this on the side would stall things further. But we are hoping that someone who may feel as passionately about this game as we do can step up to the challenge.

We have other intentions in hopefully finding this unused content, a lot of which having to do with being in contact with the game’s original developers who have not seen this stuff in years! It is our hope that the release of this translation and reworking of any of the game’s lost elements may lead to something bigger, which we won’t get into here.

More news concerning the translation project will follow on the forums in the future, but for now, if you are interested in getting involved then don’t hesitate to email me.

Thanks for your interest.

Russ T

Banned
I really want to play this damn game and have been waiting for something like this for years.

I hope they're not delaying the release of the translation just for these assets? It kinda reads like they are. But I've been known to fail at reading comprehension before!

cj_iwakura

I'll have to check with Esper, but I gather they're working on it, just also interested in pursuing this new thing. I'm helping to edit the script as well.

GhaleonQ

I'll have to check with Esper, but I gather they're working on it, just also interested in pursuing this new thing. I'm helping to edit the script as well.

And, sincerely, thank you. It really does mean something to a lot of us.

I am also excited about said "new thing" from the advertisement!

Top Bottom