• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big E3 ad for PS4 exclusive 'God of W' going up [Up: Holy crap, it's God of War!]

snake21ektp.png

giphy.gif

gZvpuLq.gif

Darknight

Honestly that snake while cool bit I didn't see the first time, it doesn't do much for me.

Ascension had Kratos on a giant ass snake for a segment there in the same-ish fashion.

hqdefault.jpg

MattAces

Honestly that snake while cool bit I didn't see the first time, it doesn't do much for me.

Ascension had Kratos on a giant ass snake for a segment there in the same-ish fashion.

hqdefault.jpg

Wasn't the snake just part of the structural design? Like it's a fancy leverage designed as a snake.

Oh hell. I was perfectly fine, keeping the hype under control until this thread began to talk about that giant snake and the concept art. Now I'm back where I was like a year ago: I can't freaking wait for this game. Thanks GAF.

jayu26

Well remembered, a bunch of those pics show the boat

And in the concept arts the kid is on the boat too, funny that I dont think we looked too much into the kid while speculating before the reveal

pm8p1xnxjsh3.jpg

cipdtjzpwstc.jpg

lxtr4d11isiq.jpg

People were too busy making fun of place holder Kratos.
awxccTl.png

Of course, in hindsight all those comments look ridiculous.
tumblr_o8qry44M2B1u10jf6o1_500.gif

Darknight

Not the same thing though since it wasn't really a live snake.

You are missing the point.

We have seen giant ass snakes (or that resemble one) that Kratos fights or traverses on.

I'm sure whatever SSM has for us will be epic and won't be like the past games but these aren't "new" things to the player. For that reason to me, seen some part of a giant snake on this game doesnt do much. Once I see the epicness, im sure my jaw will drop. For this reveal? No.

623203562.jpg

I've not played any GoW games before but i'm definitely interested in seeing more of this now i have a PS4. The setting seems pretty interesting.

Also, Teal'c (Christopher Judge) being the voice actor is just making me want to watch all of Stargate again.

You are missing the point.

We have seen giant ass snakes (or that resemble one) that Kratos fights or traverses on.

I'm sure whatever SSM has for us will be epic and won't be like the past games but these aren't "new" things to the player. For that reason to me, seen some part of a giant snake on this game doesnt do much. Once I see the epicness, im sure my jaw will drop. For this reveal? No.

623203562.jpg

I'm pretty much sure that the hype doesn't come from the snake but which snake actually is, I mean the mythological being.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Shinobi mentioned that Cory was playing us all back when the game was revealed last year. Not sure what he meant. Did anyone dig deeper into that ?

Darknight

I'm pretty much sure that the hype doesn't come from the snake but which snake actually is, I mean the mythological being.

I guess we are talking about 2 things then. I just said personally seeing scales didnt hype me up. Guess since its that Norse snake and if you love that ish, guess yea that would hype you.

jayu26

Shinobi mentioned that Cory was playing us all back when the game was revealed last year. Not sure what he meant. Did anyone dig deeper into that ?
Cory did say there are a lot of stuff hidden in the gameplay footage. Maybe something is in the plain sight but we don't realize it, yet.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I guess we are talking about 2 things then. I just said personally seeing scales didnt hype me up. Guess since its that Norse snake and if you love that ish, guess yea that would hype you.

I'm curious to see how they do the really big boss battles, such as this snake, with that new camera angle. They did pull away a bit during that fight in the demo, but I want to see the more epic stuff and how they handle it, considering that we won't be seeing those cinematic money shots that we did with the previous camera.

Top Bottom