• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Shin Johnpv said:
This game needs to come out NOW! Sooooo looking forward to this.

For sure. I'm glad I got it all payed off and we're almost there but I wish I had some napples to eat so I could just sleep away the next few days. I'd like to think my expectations are at the appropriate level but I'm still very excite about playing this. The more footage I see, the better it looks.

SpokkX

SpokkX said:
About the music. It seems it plays in the background at VERY low volume.

You people that have played the game, is it possible to crank up only the music volume in the options independenty of the sound effects?

I would really like an answer to this question.. i am guessing you can´t set the sound volume of the music independently? :(

Ridley327 said:
S&P2 had dual English/Japanese audio.
I know, Nintendo can do some funny things sometimes. I remember how shocked I was when I realized NoE completely localized Fire Emblem RD into all major European languages. :lol

Sadist

farnham said:
lol wut. where did you get it ?
At my trusty mom & pop store they have a "with every € 12 you spend you will receive a bonuspoint. Save these up for discounts" So I did and Other M is the game for me with 25% off :D

farnham

Banned
Kard8p3 said:
Yeah the score was talked about yesterday. What was said about it?
the read the maniac forums but they dont mention the contents of the review unfortunately and i dont buy maniac

Sadist said:
At my trusty mom & pop store they have a "with every € 12 you spend you will receive a bonuspoint. Save these up for discounts" So I did and Other M is the game for me with 25% off :D
awww.. lucky you! ill probably have to pay up to 40 euros for it

slaughterking said:
I know, Nintendo can do some funny things sometimes. I remember how shocked I was when I realized NoE completely localized Fire Emblem RD into all major European languages. :lol

Thats the most wtf thing they have done ever.
And they seem to never going to do it again, thought other m had a slighlty chance having lots of cinematics and all that, but there really seems to be no rule for nintendo to do those things, sometimes I think they do it for shits and giggles.
Its a pity becuase the spanish version was much better than the english one.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Five more days. I work on Tuesday so I won't be able to play it until late night, then work the next day again. :(.

farnham said:
what is intelligent systems main dev team doing in the moment

i need a new wii fire emblem asap
Well, there's a Paper Mario coming to 3DS and I assume the next FE will be for 3DS, too. The handheld versions are just selling better.

Damn it. As much as I like the Paper Mario series, I'm kind of getting tired of it. They need to make another Super Mario RPG style that isn't paper. [/offtopic]

farnham said:
German mag Maniac totally trashes the game

Metroid: Other M (Wii) 73%

(not that anyone cares in this forum)

73% is "totally trashed"?

If gaming journalism standardized at 5-star system, that would be a 3.5/5.

You know there's something wrong with gamers' mindsets when that kind of score is considered terrible, even for the standard of the Metroid series.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
slaughterking said:
Well, there's a Paper Mario coming to 3DS and I assume the next FE will be for 3DS, too. The handheld versions are just selling better.
I'll personally be really interested in seeing if they make an Advance Wars 3DS. One that actually mixes up the formula a bit too. (no, not as radically as Battalion Wars)

Boney

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
I'll personally be really interested in seeing if they make an Advance Wars 3DS. One that actually mixes up the formula a bit too. (no, not as radically as Battalion Wars)
keep it turn based grid style and I'm happy.

For the love of God, can someone with a review copy please confirm whether you can switch between Japanese and English audio tracks? I had given up hope, but now I don't know what to think.

MNC

Sadist said:
Still pains me that I can't play the game untill next Sunday. :(

Oh well, I'll just pay € 33 for it :D
Where are you going to get it for 33!

Edit: And you already explained it, too!

Bah. I want to buy it for an awesome price.

King Chozo said:
Damn it. As much as I like the Paper Mario series, I'm kind of getting tired of it. They need to make another Super Mario RPG style that isn't paper. [/offtopic]
There were only two real Paper Mario games and one abomination in the past ten years. That's not nearly enough to get tired of. :I
Also, play the Mario & Luigi games. That's as close to Super Mario RPG as it gets but good.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
For the love of God, can someone with a review copy please confirm whether you can switch between Japanese and English audio tracks? I had given up hope, but now I don't know what to think.

Considering they said they had to shave off time from the cinemas to fit the game on the disc I have very high doubts about there being a second audio track.

I think that people in here and other metroid fans are aware that this game probably isn't the second coming of christ (super metroid/Metroid Prime) and have lowered their expectations accordingly.

But don't get me wrong, understanding the critisism doesn't mean you can't look forward to the game. I'm hyped as hell, but I still think my expectations are realistic. I'm gonna enjoy and savour the game for what it is, and I'm sure I'm gonna have a blast playing it...

farnham

Banned
slaughterking said:
except that there was no handheld paper mario and super paper mario sold better then mario and luigi

slaughterking said:
There were only two real Paper Mario games and one abomination in the past ten years. That's not nearly enough to get tired of. :I
Also, play the Mario & Luigi games. That's as close to Super Mario RPG as it gets but good.
what is doing alphadreams when is is making paper mario ?

and spm is no abomination

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
GrotesqueBeauty said:

I am only partially certain of this as I glossed over it pretty quickly, but yes there are multiple audio tracks, but they're like, Spanish and French or something. Definitely no Japanese in there.

Tathanen said:
I am only partially certain of this as I glossed over it pretty quickly, but yes there are multiple audio tracks, but they're like, Spanish and French or something. Definitely no Japanese in there.
I swear, Nintendo is just fucking with me. :(

Thanks for the reply though.

farnham said:
except that there was no handheld paper mario and super paper mario sold better then mario and luigi

what is doing alphadreams when is is making paper mario ?

and spm is no abomination
Hum? I don't understand what you're trying to say. That last sentence seems particularly fishy.

Boney

Banned
That sucks... curious to see the spanish one though :lol

And SPM is pretty good. Not as amazing as the other 2, but it's a nice little Metroidvania, the only bad thing is Flipside.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
_Alkaline_ said:
73% is "totally trashed"?

If gaming journalism standardized at 5-star system, that would be a 3.5/5.

Let's not pretend that games magazines/sites use the full scale. There is no difference between 60 and 0 most of the time. A 73% from most publications means they think it a pretty ordinary game, though I don't understand how anyone can call a review accurate or inaccurate until playing the game themselves.

GaussTek

Boney said:
That sucks... curious to see the spanish one though :lol

And SPM is pretty good. Not as amazing as the other 2, but it's a nice little Metroidvania, the only bad thing is Flipside.

:lol Me too. But I guess it will be the typical spanish from spain and not from la.

Top Bottom