• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First footage of The Conduit (Wii)

Arde5643

Mr. Pointy said:
Do want now.

Local multi would make it brilliant. If not, a long yet well done 1P campaign.
Is the lack of split screen the reason they want to make the LAN play in the finished product?

Case said:
yea i dont see why they wouldnt just leave it in if its already there
BWii and SMSC also had LAN play (was demoed at GC), yet it wasn't in the final product. That doesn't mean it'll be the same case here, just saying.

NEO Frog

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
I'm sure there's going to be split screen multiplayer.
I think they were asked about in a preview and said no, only online multiplayer.

I wish they would add splitscreen multiplayer though. It's my only complaint about the game thus far!

I just emailed them about this again. Used the old Halo/Golden Eye comparison. I really think they need to add this. We all know splitscreen takes a hit, but we are willing to deal with that to play our friends in the same room on the same machine.

TunaLover

I´m trying contact High Voltage, those brightening glasses needs to be more opaque IMO, looks like the main character is using a neon light in the head =/

My only (most important grip) complaint of the game now.

the-conduit-20080417032645817_640w.jpg

Edit: I can´t find any contact link =(

JaMarco

TunaLover said:
I´m trying contact High Voltage, those brightening glasses needs to be more opaque IMO, looks like the main character is using a neon light in the head =/

My only (most important grip) complaint of the game now.
tell them to have the option for different aiming cross-hairs too ;)

Gwanatu T

It's been a rollercoaster with me on this game. On one hand it's fantastic to see more first person shooters from developers, and it's even more refreshing to see a non-Nintendo developer care about making their game look good. On the other hand everything I've seen about this game just screams average, and usually that's how things turn out. I really can't think of a single game that looked terrible or meh at first and turned in to some kind of masterpiece.

That being said I'm more than excited about the technical aspects of this game and it's support for things like online play and WiiSpeak. I'm considering buying this on principle alone.

Arde5643

AzureJericho said:
Holy crap. Please tell me that I didn't see them re-use the interlocking gears puzzle from Metroid Prime 2 for that Pyramid Puzzle and the freaking charge shot sound effect from Prime 1 - 3 (1:34 ~ 1:43) in this video. :lol

Still, I want this to do well to show that w(ii)e want more quality games. It looks great so far though.
Lol - this game really is the FPS of Metroid Prime.

More reasons to buy it for me.:lol

Alright, its about that time...Ill still be keeping an eye out, checking out the progress and showing support, but Im going on 95% media blackout. This game is looking like a shitload of fun.

Arde5643

abstract alien said:
Alright, its about that time...Ill still be keeping an eye out, checking out the progress and showing support, but Im going on 95% media blackout. This game is looking like a shitload of fun.
You're no fun. :(

dacuk

Does anybody know if it has a publisher already?

If not, Nintendo would need to publish it to have something Hardcore for this season on Wii

Arde5643

daCuk said:

If not, Nintendo would need to publish it to have something Hardcore for this season on Wii
Ninty sucks at advertising this type of games though - remember Metroid Prime 3?

Neomoto

Arde5643 said:
Ninty sucks at advertising this type of games though - remember Metroid Prime 3?
Remember how GoldenEye was the most succesfull FPS ever released untill Halo dethroned it? :) You're still right though with this generation, I wonder how they'll market Fatal Frame IV..

Anyway, the game still looks pretty awesome

abstract alien said:

Why would you go on media blackout on a game that has yet to even prove itself?

These videos continue to show that the guns have no heft, and the gunplay has no substance.

daCuk said:

Not yet. They've had numerous publishers approach them, but High Voltage want to take their time and make sure that they find the right publisher who will not only support their game and their approach to Wii, but also properly market the game as well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Neomoto said:
I wonder how they'll market Fatal Frame IV..

They won't.

But if it's a great game and the "best in the series" as the creators have said, then it will sell quite well over time.

Arde5643

agrajag said:
yeah, but I can't even fap to her when I'm being so annoyed
Mute button is your friend.

markatisu said:
Its not set to come out for another 9 months (April 2009), they said thats the earliest they could release it as they still have that long to work on it from their E3 developer interview

They need to add voice chat and online as well as refine the graphics and gameplay
Control-wise, I think they're in a really good shape. Hopefully they'll fix some of the bland texture for the landscape though in those 9 months.

markatisu

daCuk said:

Its not set to come out for another 9 months (April 2009), they said thats the earliest they could release it as they still have that long to work on it from their E3 developer interview

They need to add voice chat and online as well as refine the graphics and gameplay

BrodiemanTTR said:
Why would you go on media blackout on a game that has yet to even prove itself?

These videos continue to show that the guns have no heft, and the gunplay has no substance.
I know Im going to buy it. It looks fun, and I love fps controls on the wii. Blackout :D

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
VAIL said:
Edge as well...

wat?
Are you serious?
Best of E3 on Wii or Best of E3?

Edit:
Also, I'm sorry for the Art Design Lead guy but I hope the developer sees that virtually EVERYONE has a problem with The Conduit's badart(tm), it could really bring the game down, especially sales-wise, and that'd be a shame.
Hopefully they'll redo it and hire a talented artist, it's well worth the shot.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Where is everyone getting "April" from? Last I heard it was Q1 2009, which doesn't include April...

However I'd be very happy to hear they delayed it, even more polish.

markatisu

Dash Kappei said:
wat?
Are you serious?
Best of E3 on Wii or Best of E3?

Edge online gave it Top 20 games of E3 and listed it first (the list is in somewhat Alphabetical Order but there are some oddities as Guitar Hero is listed before FFXIII)

Gametrailers and IGN gave it the Best Wii Game Award

markatisu

Andrex said:
Where is everyone getting "April" from? Last I heard it was Q1 2009, which doesn't include April...

However I'd be very happy to hear they delayed it, even more polish.

In the developer walkthrough High Voltage said it was 9 months from release

July + 9 months = Late March/April

NEO Frog

Banned
Here is what Eric had to say when I sent him a detailed email asking for splitscreen multiplayer and possibly bots...

Hi, NEO Frog

Thanks for contacting.

We are trying our hardest to have as many modes as possible.

Our main criterion is that anything that goes in must be stellar quality.

Eric

NEO Frog said:
Here is what Eric had to say when I sent him a detailed email asking for splitscreen multiplayer and possibly bots...

HOW did you get a hold of them?!

I sent e-mails to each of their addresses and got back failure notices for each! T_T

Care to share the address you used?

NEO Frog

Banned
Hero of legend said:
HOW did you get a hold of them?!

I sent e-mails to each of their addresses and got back failure notices for each! T_T

Care to share the address you used?
use the one that says Eric. Don't use the feedback email. It does not work. And tell him the feedback email does not work. I forgot to mention that to him.

lopaz

Banned
No local multi is stupid, that's what the wii is all about. May buy it still though, the Wii needs more FPS. I don't get it... the one real FPS made specifically for Wii was a bag of crap but still sold a million, so why aren't people making more?

Scrubking

lopaz said:
I don't get it... the one real FPS made specifically for Wii was a bag of crap but still sold a million, so why aren't people making more?

You really don't know the answer to that question?

Threi

notag
plank said:
Looks like an NES game.
1. "a"
2. I got banned for something similar. Sometimes blatant sarcasm gets lost for some people on the internet...unfortunately for me it was someone with a banhammer.

Arde5643

Threi said:
1. "a"
2. I got banned for something similar. Sometimes blatant sarcasm gets lost for some people on the internet...unfortunately for me it was someone with a banhammer.
Agreed regarding point 2.

plank, better put a spoiler of
:lol
or
I kid, I kid
just in case a ban-happy mod comes along to do some sweeping.

Top Bottom