• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

Cocopjojo said:
So I was at Bowerstone's Market Square and this guy was holding an auction for some sweet items he had... he was naming the items when suddenly this other guy interrupts and says: "so does anyone know how to get rid of STDs? And get the flies off of you?" Guess who it was, lol.
:lol My first laugh of the day was a good one thanks to this.

Chinner

Banned
Tieno said:
Sssstt...it's a euphemism
2n6uh6r.jpg

it works because hes winking

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
WrikaWrek said:
So many people with review copies....
I can't speak for everyone one, but K-Mart broke street date in Australia for a brief while.

Just had a friend over and we
did a quest where we had to kill EVERYONE in Oakfield. Unforunately when we came back later the town was fully populated again.
Nonetheless, we played for hours without really doing much and still had a blast.

Awesome game. John described it on 1up Yours as a Oblivion for people who hated Oblivion and I'm starting to believe that (even though I didn't hate Oblivion).

Sanjuro

Also thank everyone for their kind words and help the other day about my illness. At first I didn't want to mention it on GAF in fear that people would treat me differently. Thanks to everyone's kind donations in Bowerstone I'm STD and corrupt-free. I have a beautiful wife Stacey and a young daughter now. I now spend my time in Old Bowerstone giving free sock puppet shows to the less fortunate children as a way of giving back to the community. Also I killed that cunt of a barmaid carrying the hiv....fucking force pushed her into the fucking ocean.

MrDaravon

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Also thank everyone for their kind words and help the other day about my illness. At first I didn't want to mention it on GAF in fear that people would treat me differently. Thanks to everyone's kind donations in Bowerstone I'm STD and corrupt-free. I have a beautiful wife Stacey and a young daughter now. I now spend my time in Old Bowerstone giving free sock puppet shows to the less fortunate children as a way of giving back to the community. Also I killed that cunt of a barmaid carrying the hiv....fucking force pushed her into the fucking ocean.

:lol :lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
SanjuroTsubaki said:
That is an amazing conclusion to your awesome tale :lol

DeadGzuz

Banned
SanjuroTsubaki said:

:lol

I'm glad everything worked out, the chick got what she deserved. Well played!

SanjuroTsubaki said:

jesus...you're killing me.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
It's now between you and the sea...you and the sea.

RBH said:
SanjuroTsubaki is single-handedly making me consider buying Fable II with his awesome stories. :lol

His exploits actually had my wife laughing and she tends to be rather dismissive of games in general...although she did play through Fable I in it's entirety...

h3ro

Stephen Totilo at MTV got the Fable II Collectors edition... I'm disappointed they didn't use a steelbook case, it's just a regular green DVD case with a sleeve over it. Also, it has sideways box art. I really like the orientation of the art but still, a LE should have a better case...

fableiigood.jpg

fableiievil.jpg

fableiivertical.jpg

Atilac

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Now... when you kill someone and the law is after you, how does being a fugitive work? you wanted just in that city, or the entirety of Albion?

Blueblur1

I was gonna get the regular edition but the screens of the Master Chief suit and the Energy Sword make me want to get the special edition. I'm so torn.

Sanjuro

Atilac said:
Now... when you kill someone and the law is after you, how does being a fugitive work? you wanted just in that city, or the entirety of Albion?
I've never been chased by the law. I lured her of to the docks and did the deed. The only thing someone said they would report me is when I fucked in someones bed....the guards didn't seem to care.

Wiggum2007

You don't need to, but it certainly wouldn't hurt; I'm sure there's quite a few references to it in Fable 2 that you would only pick up on if you'd played the first. It gets a lot of hate because of the undelivered promises, but taken by itself it's a really fun game and one of the Xbox's best IMO. BC on the 360 is kinda iffy, lots of slowdown and some occasional glitches/freezing, nothing game-breaking though.

I'd try to pick up Lost Chapters too if you can find it, instead of the Xbox Originals version which for some reason doesn't include the Lost Chapters content. It doesn't add a huge amount of content to the game, but as cheap as both versions are you might as well get the better one.

Jirotrom

Wiggum2007 said:
You don't need to, but it certainly wouldn't hurt; I'm sure there's quite a few references to it in Fable 2 that you would only pick up on if you'd played the first. It gets a lot of hate because of the undelivered promises, but taken by itself it's a really fun game and one of the Xbox's best IMO. BC on the 360 is kinda iffy, lots of slowdown and some occasional glitches/freezing, nothing game-breaking though.
I have it on pc, but got it late, i was just wondering if i should return it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
h3ro said:
Stephen Totilo at MTV got the Fable II Collectors edition... I'm disappointed they didn't use a steelbook case, it's just a regular green DVD case with a sleeve over it. Also, it has sideways box art. I really like the orientation of the art but still, a LE should have a better case...

fableiigood.jpg

fableiievil.jpg

fableiivertical.jpg
I wonder how the 2 discs are presented inside. I guess they're stacked on one of those spindles for 2 DVDs.

HolyStar

Banned
I never understood why people flip out that people get copies early. Stuff like this happens all the time, and unless it is something like Harry Potter or Halo 3 that they deliberately try to stop it from selling early, some places will always put it up first.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm trying to play through the game as a saint, but it's so hard. Example
the bard guy that follows you around in Bowerstone
, I wanted to light him on fire, then shoot him in the face, but cooler heads prevailed. They also make it so easy to steal from shops too, so you really have to try if you want to play down the pure path. My second play through, is going to be straight evil.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
purg3 said:
I'm trying to play through the game as a saint, but it's so hard. Example
the bard guy that follows you around in Bowerstone
, I wanted to light him on fire, then shoot him in the face, but cooler heads prevailed. They also make it so easy to steal from shops too, so you really have to try if you want to play down the pure path. My second play through, is going to be straight evil.

I think I'll just play naturally and see what happens.

So, I'll probably end up evil. :lol

Atilac

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I've never been chased by the law. I lured her of to the docks and did the deed. The only thing someone said they would report me is when I fucked in someones bed....the guards didn't seem to care.
kind of like that scene in superbad? "I wish there was semon everywhere"

purg3

slept with Malkin
Jirotrom said:
hey.... how long is the special DVD, because im not sure i want the LE anymore, since they cut out so much.

It was fairly long, maybe 45mins or so. It's well put together and interesting. I always love these inside looks on studios. Also I'm pretty sure that the guy who put it together posts here.

Azzurri

Blueblur1 said:
I was gonna get the regular edition but the screens of the Master Chief suit and the Energy Sword make me want to get the special edition. I'm so torn.

These come with the LE?

Durandal

Banned
I hear that besides the game being great, getting fat is the new getting old. 2 beers, a piece of pie and your a fat wonker for the duration. Anyone of the earlies can confirm that?

Durandal said:
I hear that besides the game being great, getting fat is the new getting old. 2 beers, a piece of pie and your a fat wonker for the duration. Anyone of the earlies can confirm that?

I hope that isn't true, especially if "fattening" stuff is your only choice if you're low on health. Although the it was relatively simple to lose it in the first game by running about and using heavier weapons.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Francias Castiglione said:
I hope that isn't true, especially if "fattening" stuff is your only choice if you're low on health. Although the it was relatively simple to lose it in the first game by running about and using heavier weapons.
It isn't your only choice. There are lots of different kinds of health potions.

Top Bottom