• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| There and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioEppa

Final Fantasy XV on PS4.

14 chapters and 4 days later.

Liked
• The high end cinematic cutscenes.

• All the characters.

• The music.

• Any chance I got to sit in the backseat and someone drive me for once!

• Chapters 8 to 12, And everything AFTER 13

• That cup of noodles.

Disliked

• The performance on ps4 some times it looks n runs really good, other time, nope. I do agree with a poster on here who said that sometimes the game kinda looks like a last gan title, It's not super polished from head to toe.

• The size of the game, it needs to be scaled down and become super active.

• Chapters 1 to 7 and 13.

• Not a fan of creatures outside of boss fights, I prefer the robot soldiers.

• Needing other media to help understand the story. Do not like at all, I would have preferred a longer story utilizing every character with a much better script to do it right.

• A lot of dialogue delivery hurt some key scenes from being truly impactful, if anybody watched the last of us grounded documentary should understand what I mean. It's not the voice actors fault, but whoever was in charge of overseeing the recording did a half ass job.

• Action sequences sucked, I hope whoever developers the next game looks at some other studios and how they do combat.

• No huge selection of clothes, It just makes the characters look boring stuck in black or some shitty casual outfit the whole time.

• Loading time between chapters.

Final thought. This was my first completed Final Fantasy game, I enjoyed it overall and I would love to play another one. Hopefully the next one can improve. I'm hoping one day the game will be just like the CGI movie.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Vyv: Take a picture of this mountain

Ok

*Leaves mountain, looks at quest log*

tumblr_njzmknppKm1r8dxfio1_400.gif

Wait there was a quest to explore it, shit!!

*Goes back, climbs allll the way back up and then even further*

Wow, that was annoying

Let me do this ramen quest finally

"Go to the mountain"

c2mA.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
Ramen quest differs based on what you pick, right?

Also speaking of Gladio quests, I caught a giant fish, Gladio jumped in to drag it out, then I went to camp and the next morning Gladio asked if I'd like to go fishing and we went to go catch the exact same giant fish again.

Mesharey

Ok

Wow, that was annoying

"Go to the mountain"

c2mA.gif
Lol that happened to me! XD

I didn't get the ramen quest yet though lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's one of the worst chapters in a game that I've played in years, I'm 100% serious about that, and I play games for a living so I've had to play some not-so-fun games in my time.

Yeah, I'm more curious how anyone can actually enjoy 13. It's so drown out and just downright boring.

Also the dumpster fire setpiece in chapter 9. Both are the lowlights of the game, easy.

I just wrapped it up tonight and I'm still trying to gather my thoughts but man, what an uneven game.

Ok

Wow, that was annoying

"Go to the mountain"

c2mA.gif
Hahahaha... so accurate for me too :p

I did the egg quest first and haven't bothered with the Photo quest yet for this exact reason.

Anyone else having problems with block and parry not always working/registering? It can be pretty gamebreaking. When the game prompts me I know for a fact I am hitting the buttons as I even play with paddles on the elite controller. Am I missing something?

level1

Anyone else having problems with block and parry not always working/registering? It can be pretty gamebreaking. When the game prompts me I know for a fact I am hitting the buttons as I even play with paddles on the elite controller. Am I missing something?

Make sure you hold the buttons, not just press them

Darkman M

Yep, go cheese some Cactuars or the Bandersnatch at Hammerhead and make some magic using Debased / Rare Coins. Don't forget to eat a triple decker Chocobo sammich for +50% EXP gains.

Ignis can cook Lasagna al forno which gives +4000Hp,Magic resistance,and 100%Exp bonus... not sure how hard the ingredients are to come by though lol.

LNBL

Ramen quest differs based on what you pick, right?

Also speaking of Gladio quests, I caught a giant fish, Gladio jumped in to drag it out, then I went to camp and the next morning Gladio asked if I'd like to go fishing and we went to go catch the exact same giant fish again.
Yea it depends, i had to fight a giant lobster

I just did the Leviathan fight. I thought people were being dramatic. I was not expecting that. Legit trash

Then the story stuff after
of course the sneaky guy does sneaky shit. Do you think I care about Lunafreya getting stabbed? This game doesn't have a fucking story.

smh all around at this shit

Zafir

Oh, it's true... I never saw a Cactuar yet :(
Same for me. Never saw one despite 50+ hours.

They spawn in specific spots and don't always spawn even then.

You have to know where to look really.

The easiest one to find is
NW of Hammerhead. It can spawn during dawn or dusk (first 4hours, or last 4 hours of the day basically). Head out of hammerhead NWWish until you come across some Dual horns. Kill them and then wonder around a bit in that vicinity (I never managed to get it to spawn without killing those dual horns, but maybe that's just luck). Unfortunately there is also a imperial drop ship spawn around there as well, so you'll have to deal with that in someway - in fact I've had the Cactuar spawn in the same spot as where they've dropped down onto on some occasions.

SoulUnison

Banned
Are some of the Imperial bases unused or am I jut not figuring out how to trigger them?

I already did the optional Base that ended with
Loqi and the huge ambush
- was that the last one? They can't be repeated?
Several of them still have their doors shut and don't have "Imperial base" map icons, so I figured they hadn't been done yet, but I can't remember which couple were story missions.

Super disappointing.

Ferr986

They spawn in specific spots and don't always spawn even then.

You have to know where to look really.

The easiest one to find is
NW of Hammerhead. It can spawn during dawn or dusk (first 4hours, or last 4 hours of the day basically). Head out of hammerhead NWWish until you come across some Dual horns. Kill them and then wonder around a bit in that vicinity (I never managed to get it to spawn without killing those dual horns, but maybe that's just luck). Unfortunately there is also a imperial drop ship spawn around there as well, so you'll have to deal with that in someway - in fact I've had the Cactuar spawn in the same spot as where they've dropped down onto on some occasions.

I would go to look but just reached Ch.5
my car :(
. Sucks because I wanted to do more side stuff.

Also, that Ch.4 boss was bad, yeah. Can you even lose that?

I am absolutely holding them

Maybe I'm wrong but IMO it's cause the game has like 0 animation cancelling so if you're in an attack animation while you want to evade you're gonna eat that shit no matter what. I too have problems with this.

HotHamBoy

FFXV's combat annihilates Witcher 3's. How is that even debatable?

No, it definitely doesn't. It's very debateable.

I'll take TW3 combat any day over the sloppy, chaotic mess in FFXV in which I'm fighting the camera more than the enemies.

Combat in FFXV is Warp-Strike > Hold Circle > Hold Square > Hold Circle > Quick Menu Restore Party > Warp-Strike, repeat until you win. That doesn't annihilate anything.

Sioen

So I am level 44 after beating story, it feels kind of a waste doing the side quests now. Is there any reason to do them and how do I find this post game content? I haven't gotten any quest except the turtle quest.
Anyone could help me out?

RawNuts

I see American Express listed in the credits beside Nissin, Vivienne Westwood, and Coleman; is there in-game branding for it somewhere that I missed?

I've never had as much of an issue fighting groups as I've had in this game.

leng jai

The combat is still a mystery to me. How the fuck are you supposed to avoid getting hit all the time? Seems I'm always taking damage no matter what.

HotHamBoy

Not really a spoiler, although it suggests the shape of the story, but I was incredibly disappointed by the total lack of the
Emperor's presence in the game outside that little clip from Kingsglaive. He seemed like he could have been a cool and interesting asshole from the movie but he just isn't even in the game outside of conversation.
Why would such an important figure be limited to a seperate film? It really undercuts
Arden's play for power and his manipulation of the Emperor, as they didn't properly set him up to be revealed as the real big bad by establishing an on-screen relationship between the two.

It also makes the daemon emperor boss fight feel extremely tacked-on and whatever. Who cares? I don't even know who that guy is.

This game has a cool story somewhere but it's not actually on-screen. Such wasted potential! It's pretty stunning that SE thought it was acceptable to have Kingsglaive be the sole source of so much exposition and character development. Sold seperately!

artsi

I see American Express listed in the credits beside Nissin, Vivienne Westwood, and Coleman; is there in-game branding for it somewhere that I missed?

I've never had as much of an issue fighting groups as I've had in this game.

Look at gas station windows.

SoulUnison

Banned
Not really a spoiler, although it suggests the shape of the story, but I was incredibly disappointed by the total lack of the
Emperor's presence in the game outside that little clip from Kingsglaive. He seemed like he could have been a cool and interesting asshole from the movie but he just isn't even in the game outside of conversation.
Why would such an important figure be limited to a seperate film? It really undercuts
Arden's play for power and his manipulation of the Emperor, as they didn't properly set him up to be revealed as the real big bad by establishing an on-screen relationship between the two.

He was very much the best part of the movie, too.
His voice actor absolutely dripped with slimy charisma, and he had a really theatrical, animated manner.
I was *so* excited to see him in the game proper.

HotHamBoy

He was very much the best part of the movie, too.
His voice actor absolutely dripped with slimy charisma.
I was *so* excited to see him in the game proper.

Me too, he had a lot of personality and seemed very compelling for how short his screentime was. I wanted more.

I don't remember ever not being able to see what the fuck I was doing because a tree was behind me.

Human enemies in (with shields) in a crowded setting is pretty tedious in Witcher 3. I enjoyed the combat in the game, but it mostly revolves around the roll...Could have at least given us the option to cartwheel or back flip at least.

Slaythe

No, it definitely doesn't. It's very debateable.

I'll take TW3 combat any day over the sloppy, chaotic mess in FFXV in which I'm fighting the camera more than the enemies.

Combat in FFXV is Warp-Strike > Hold Circle > Hold Square > Hold Circle > Quick Menu Restore Party > Warp-Strike, repeat until you win. That doesn't annihilate anything.

Learn to play.

In fact, since you clearly don't know better, if you're on ps4, I'll gladly show you. Shareplay.

So, I've just watched Kingsglaive. It wasn't amazing, sure, but it was hardly 7% average worthy. Battles were well done, and it's provided backstory that the game has failed to (so far), although I honestly don't know how much will actually be relevant.

I'll probably never watch it again, though.

Nah. FFXV's combat is a jumbled mess in big groups and you feel like you're fighting the camera even in simple battles. The main issue with TW3's combat is that the difficulty isn't balanced well. It's too hard early on and too easy later in the game, when it's actually balanced right it feels great. Some of the best action RPG fights I've ever played were from TW3 in the lvl 10-15 range. Even later on big group fights are a lot of fun.

rataven

Yo some of these side quests are so bad. The ones where you have to find the random screaming guy in trouble and give him a potion are cracking me up.

Witcher 3's combat was so bad, it made me laugh. You guys have got to be kidding me. I quit the game 20h in because I couldn't stomach the movement and combat any longer despite liking most of the things the game did.

FFXV's combat despite its flaws is my main drive to boot up the game every day. Fights are fun as hell and the controls are super tight. The movement ain't floaty and your slashes feel like they carry heavy weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom