• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 2.50 FW, PS Vita 3.50 FW updates are up

IconGrist

Suspend is off by default for some of you? It was on for me. I never even went into the setting. I just put on DOA5 > Rest > DOA5. Worked flawlessy.

Just finished updating and now every party and game invite I've got in the last month or so is popping back up as a notification. Been going for like 5 mins now lol

LAA

:'D 60fps remote play, so goooood.
Maybe it looks a little better on the TV still, but I can definitely see a difference and Resogun seems a lot more playable in remote play!

DieH@rd

Banned
Care to elaborate? Latency any better?

Latency is really minimal, 60fps video stream is butterly smooth and clear [home RP, direct connection with PS4, PS4 connected to the net via LAN]. The moment you enter into PS4 menus, 60fps is instantly noticeable. I tested Tomb Raider [60fps game] and Bloodborne [30fps] and both are great!

Also, I recorded vid of resuming Bloodborne session. Boot is 15sec:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FnkpOILurQ&feature=youtu.be

bombshell

I think this is new: You can now select between standard, white, black text color shadow on themes. The black makes the text easier to read on my Bloodborne theme :)

Vanguard

Just finished updating and now every party and game invite I've got in the last month or so is popping back up as a notification. Been going for like 5 mins now lol

Haha, that happened to me on a previous update. I now do regular cleans on my notifications just in case.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Would that have a tangible effect on a power bill?
I don't think so. Assuming there is absolutely no upside to this feature electricity usage wise it would be an additional 3.5 EUR a year for me.

(Assuming I always put it in rest mode all year every day.)

Paertan

In lameman's terms is that a lot? What's that compared to say like a fridge or something

It is almost nothing. Its like a modern Led light bulb. 9 PS4:s in rest mode would be equal to a regular light bulb.
A fridge depends but a modern fridge maybe uses 30 Watt per hour on average. That is 7 Ps4:s in rest mode.

Vashetti

Banned
Switched to 60fps RP on the Vita and it seemingly improved 30fps streams as well.

GTA V is like butter now on Vita, love this.

Rixa

EU regulators would probably have a field day with that as well.

Rest mode uses 4.5 Watts? That's nothing. Impressive.

Its nothing, but EU says its too much o_O.

Wikipedia One Watt Initative

Wikipedia said:
On 6 January 2010, the European Commission's EC Regulation 1275/2008 came into force regulating requirements for standby and "off mode" electric power consumption of electrical and electronic household and office equipment. The regulations mandate that from 6 January 2010 "off mode" and standby power shall not exceed 1W, "standby-plus" power (providing information or status display in addition to possible reactivation function) shall not exceed 2W (these figures are halved on 6 January 2013). Equipment must, where appropriate, provide off mode and/or standby mode when the equipment is connected to the mains power source.

What is the deadline for achieving those halved figures?

Bittercup

Customize controls on the Vita even works with remote play! Unfortunately no option to switch the (back) touch pad. I hope Sony adds this as well.

Sorry if answered, does the game pause in suspend or is the game still running ? So if I suspend in Bloodborne, can I still get killed and will it increase my ingame time ?

mothball

Vita's notification window opens way faster now. Feels like folders also open faster.

Might just be because of the fresh boot, though.

Sorry if answered, does the game pause in suspend or is the game still running ? So if I suspend in Bloodborne, can I still get killed and will it increase my ingame time ?

hmm, good question. i know for a game like Metro Redux where it's offline, it put it in the pause screen.

My PS4 won't go into rest mode! :(

It tries for about 30 seconds, beeps, and gives up and powers off.

Any ideas?
what apps do you have open?

New Vita stuff.

vXFt7lL.jpg

PF1YHkz.jpg

Nymo

Neo Member
If anyone still cares about 'near' on Vita: Looks like it's not totally dead.

In the old version, it'll tell you where you checked in and clicking on the location name will show you a map
h15rIRJ.jpg

Now, you can still check in, but all the locations will just be called "Location"
eBEhw1q.jpg

And you won't get a map of where.
jopJHb1.jpg

So, basically: 'near' is still alive and you can still earn game goods from strangers...but now you just don't know where you checked in (which will especially be odd if you're like me and set 'near' to "obtain location automatically at regular intervals"...)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My issue with this update is, why is the rest mode button outside of power options, but when you go into power options, there's another rest mode button? Just have one, take it out of power options and call it 'extra power options' or take it out of the regular menu and have all the states in the power options menu

Nizz

Uh, it's system wide. It works on all games, because the re-mappings are handled by the OS before being sent to the game.
So in-games prompts will be switched onscreen as well? I haven't downloaded the update yet to try this.

Vanguard

My issue with this update is, why is the rest mode button outside of power options, but when you go into power options, there's another rest mode button? Just have one, take it out of power options and call it 'extra power options' or take it out of the regular menu and have all the states in the power options menu

That discover feature ended up explaining it to me, if you have any rest mode features enabled, it puts rest mode outside of that menu as a shortcut, if you have no rest mode options enabled then instead it displays the Turn off option as a shortcut.

edit: I mean I guess it doesn't also need to be in the power options as well, but that's how I see it as, a shortcut.

Seems like one of Sony's best updates yet. I wonder what major features will come next.
Also suspend mode was on by default for me.

Here is a list of some of the most requested features:
DLNA Support
PS1/PS2 Classic compatibility
PSN ID Change
Native Twitch App
Folders/ Game Organization for easier browsing
Local media player/Media support via HDD(Video,pics,music)
MP4/other media support via USB
Save games to External HDD
Gift games to friends
PSN store Wishlist
Organize download list/search option
Friend online/offline notification
Hide yourself online/appear offline
Bluetooth support
Videochat (coming with OoVoo)
Custom backgrounds
Favorite friends or organize friends list
PNG screenshots
Trophy Auto sync
Prioritize Downloads
Display total time spent playing a game
DS4 compatibility for PS Vita remote play

Feel free to add some other features I might have missed.

libregkd

A small, neat addition for button mapping is that you can have the option to enable/disable it in the menu that pops up when you hold down the PS button. It's small, but it's certainly nice to have it there instead of needing to go through menus to disable it for games where I won't need it.

bombshell

So in-games prompts will be switched onscreen as well? I haven't downloaded the update yet to try this.

For games going forward I could see that happen, but probably not retroactively on games already released. But the re-mapped function of buttons works on all games.

Takao

Banned
oSxmRVg.jpg

rUGnoP4.jpg

AuIW9Oq.jpg

b11F8RW.jpg

bm5D35G.jpg

Played Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds with the x-button as confirmation.

Ne@r seems pretty much the same to me. Still collect Game Goods, view chart of stuff popular in your area, etc.

dunno who those inverted colour and zoom-in options are for

Top Bottom