• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with the best logos

inner-G

Banned
Gran-Turismo-Logo-Transparent-PNG.png
This is a great logo.

Simple, iconic, works well in mono or full color, the variation in weight and curves imply movement and speed, the way the two vertical elements of the letters come together almost like racing stripes...

It's on another level than most of these. Most game logos are too complex to be 'great' as logos.

This is a great logo.

Simple, iconic, works well in mono or full color, the variation in weight and curves imply movement and speed, the way the two vertical elements of the letters come together almost like racing stripes...

It's on another level than most of these. Most game logos are too complex to be 'great' as logos.

This. The GT logo is one of the GOAT.

Wozman23

I've seen this post come up before about developers' and publishers' logos as well.

I'm gonna mention Double Fine, and more specifically Double Fine Presents, because even though they aren't the games' logos, they do cater to the logo to the individual games.

The Original:

The Internal Variants:

The Double Fine Presents, GNOG, and Knights and Bikes Variants:

Now We Are Just Getting Crazy:

That logo screen is quickly becoming on of my favorite parts of the Double Fine games, similar to the joy I got from seeing what would happen when Gonzo blew on the trumpet in the Muppets opening or during the Simpsons couch gag.

SirNinja

So many people here just now getting the Evolve logo. That game just cannot catch a break, lol.

logo-002.jpg

Fantastic use of negative space. FedEx tier.

Uhh...? Unless I'm missing something big, that's not a particularly clever use of negative space. That's just some guy's silhouette in the I.

THIS is how you do negative space:

e1298ff7390b3be316bfeb103061b267.jpg

Wozman23

A better example of putting your character in the font:
header.jpg

I really hope that Bethesda/Zenimax being assholes doesn't ruin this.

jett

D-Member
This is a great logo.

Indeed, the GT logo is a fantastic example of branding.

Always loved the color and font of the Perfect Dark logo.

latest

And it's groovy how they morph from the N64 logo to the title:

11w98v7.jpg

There are some choices higher on my list but they were already mentioned. Bioshock, Doom, and the Majora's Mask logo (I'm not even that big on purple, but I've always loved that logo with the mask).

Top Bottom