• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm review [Gamespot]

People like to flame the ones who gripe about review scores, but I'm not sure if the people who gripe about those people are any better. Especially when the former group isn't even griping that much.

PleoMax said:
So basically only gaf knows how good this game is. The reviewers are all crazy and don't know shit.

In this thread, there are more posts like the one above than there are posts that claim that "reviewers are all crazy and don't know shit."

:/

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
lollerskates said:
they shouldnt charge full price for this game thats the only beef i have w/it
Joke post?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
lollerskates said:
they shouldnt charge full price for this game thats the only beef i have w/it

Ubisoft Wii games beg to differ!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This seems to be one of those games where it could have used a couple of more months in the oven to beef up the content.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am LOVING F1 and the reviews for it in many ways have been worse. Renting it to confirm what the demo did for me.

Yama

DL content doesn't help the value at all? Perhaps with Sony's previous promises, one can't take it as gospel... but come on, it'll be there. :|

Pistolero

Why do some people feel the need to explode as a fury, whenever a game scores below their expectations ? Do they see reviewers as prophets of universal truth (ssuch a thing does not exist)...Who cares, really ? Test it and then, only then, buy it or leave it !

Pistolero said:
Why do some people feel the need to explode as a fury, whenever a game scores below their expectations ? Do they see reviewers as prophets of universal truth (ssuch a thing does not exist)...Who cares, really ? Test it and then, only then, buy it or leave it !

Why do people feel the need to post this type of shit when the shit they are describing isn't actually happening? Like I said before, in this thread the number of posts like this one far outweigh the number of supposedly outrageous score ragebenders. Give it a rest.

omg rite said:
Well, MK:DD got a 7.9 and it was one of the best racers last gen, so I'll be picking this up.
so, MKDD had twice the tracks, vs mode with split screen, battle mode, LAN play, more modes and got the same score...
i'll leave it someone else to do the fuzzy math on that...

rod

Banned
pathetic as always, the same sonybots are in here in full damage control, its like before i even enter this shit i know bad_boy, TTP kittonwy and AltogetherAndrews are gonna have theyre smug names somewhere up in here.

rod said:
pathetic as always, the same sonybots are in here in full damage control, its like before i even enter this shit i know bad_boy, TTP kittonwy and AltogetherAndrews are gonna have theyre smug names somewhere up in here.

I gotta agree here. The first review thread was expected... but this is like the 4th-5th review thread for this game and we still have got the same people whining.

I really don't know how much more complaining I can take.

SamBishop

Banned
Stinkles said:
I felt the same way about that PC offroad racer from Ratbag. I can never remember what it's called. But I loved it. Similar look and feel, but ancient.

Also, is the track from the demo one of the 8 in the game? And if so is it tweaked?

Powerslide was the shit, good call. And since nobody has answered his yet (or at least not that I saw), yes, that demo track - Rain God Mesa - is in the game and identical save for that one little hairpin with the invisible wall, so you can clip into it a little more (or just do like I've learned to do and turn in hard and mash the boost). So, uh, yeah, seven "new" tracks.

rod said:

Karma Kramer said:
I gotta agree here. The first review thread was expected... but this is like the 4th-5th review thread for this game and we still have got the same people whining.

i don't see any 'damage control' let alone any complaining/whining about the score (well, not much complaining, anyway)... did you actually read through this thread?

rod said:

Well, it'd pretty weird if you didn't see my smug name "up in here", seeing as how I created the thread in the first place. Now, unless of course you can find some instances of this damage control that you claim that I've been doing, I suggest you keep that keep that blind tripeflinging to yourself.

Karma Kramer said:

What the **** are you people even talking about? As far as I can tell, this thread has been filled with and derailed by people like yourself who are complaining about ghosts on the wall. Read the damned thread, how much defensive whining regarding the review score do you actually see? There's certainly no shortage of people complaining about this behavior, despite the fact that the behavior itself isn't even that pronounced in this thread. So save that crap for threads where it actually applies. And for ****'s sake, stop acting as if it really bothers you, and don't wonder out loud about how much more of this you can take. As this thread proves, you guys thrive on this.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
rod said:

felix_front.jpg

AltogetherAndrews said:
What the **** are you people even talking about? As far as I can tell, this thread has been filled with and derailed by people like yourself who are complaining about ghosts on the wall. Read the damned thread, how much defensive whining regarding the review score do you actually see? There's certainly no shortage of people complaining about this behavior, despite the fact that the behavior itself isn't even that pronounced in this thread. So save that crap for threads where it actually applies. And for ****'s sake, stop acting as if it really bothers you, and don't wonder out loud about how much more of this you can take. As this thread proves, you guys thrive on this.

seriousbusiness.jpg

Seriously though... I just find it a bit excessive to still be discussing the same shit (no splitscreen, online play busted, limited sp experience). Its like I read this exact same thread like 2 weeks ago or something. Sure the tone of denial is much less... but the same questions are still being raised and whatnot.

If you like the game then great... buy it and enjoy it. But isn't it time to just move on?

alterego

Karma Kramer said:
seriousbusiness.jpg

Seriously though... I just find it a bit excessive to still be discussing the same shit (no splitscreen, online play busted, limited sp experience). Its like I read this exact same thread like 2 weeks ago or something. Sure the tone of denial is much less... but the same questions are still being raised and whatnot.

If you like the game then great... buy it and enjoy it. But isn't it time to just move on?

You seem to be taking all this a bit seriously.

Brofist

Karma Kramer said:
seriousbusiness.jpg

and you are in every of these topics why? to counterbalance them? :lol

hell do you even own a PS3?

Karma Kramer said:

It's a review thread. People are going to talk about shit that is mentioned in the review. If that bugs you, then avoid review threads.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
AltogetherAndrews said:
Why do people feel the need to post this type of shit when the shit they are describing isn't actually happening? Like I said before, in this thread the number of posts like this one far outweigh the number of supposedly outrageous score ragebenders. Give it a rest.

I never thought i would see the day that someone defends the cry babies..... low and behold !

Though its pretty easy to see why you are doing this, one could be excused for thinking you would shed blood for the playstation brand.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
rod said:
did I say something wrong in this thread? :lol

or did I just offend you by posting in it? :D

alterego said:
You seem to be taking all this a bit seriously.

Hey man... this is a sensitive issue. Don't you care? Don't you understand what it means when Motorstorm gets below an 8/10. The end of humanity is upon us... and it is up to the Hardy boys to determine how and why this great game has recieved such unecessary criticism!

The Hardy Boy in: The Motorstorm Conspiracy.

PPandCG.jpg

kpop100 said:
and you are in every of these topics why? to counterbalance them? :lol

hell do you even own a PS3?

Hey man... I am all for the PS3. I want it to do well and I am looking forward to alot of the games coming out for the system (Lair, Ratchet, Heavenly Sword, MGS4, and ironically Motorstorm).

Just because I don't own the PS3 now however doesn't invalidate my opinion. Because my opinion isn't that Motorstorm sucks... my opinion is that these Motorstorm review threads suck.

Rod made a post that the complaining was getting out of hand. Now does the complaining and whining really bother me deep down to the bones? No... obviously not. But as a bystander I can agree with Rod that the complaining and whining over the recent underwhelming Motorstorm scores has gotten out of hand and I do think its kinda time to stop beating an already dead horse.

But thats just my opinion of course. You guys are welcome to do whatever you want to do on GAF.

Karma Kramer said:
Just because I don't own the PS3 now however doesn't invalidate my opinion. Because my opinion isn't that Motorstorm sucks... my opinion is that these Motorstorm review threads suck.

Rod made a post that the complaining was getting out of hand. Now does the complaining and whining really bother me deep down to the bones? No... obviously not. But as a bystander I can agree with Rod that the complaining and whining over the recent underwhelming Motorstorm scores has gotten out of hand and I do think its kinda time to stop beating an already dead horse.

But the whole ****ing point is that the type of complaining that is out of hand in this thread is the complaining you, rod and a crapload of people have thrown around. You bitch about people supposedly complaining about the review score, and that has barely even happened. In this thread. So you don't even read the content of the thread, but instead simply assume that it's a good thread to throw your bag of tripe around, and all because you thrive on this shit. The MotorStorm fanboys seem to have largely stopped beating the already dead horse some time ago, and now it's just you, rod and the others bitching at windmills.

So yeah, these threads suck. But while it may previously have been the fault of irrational fanboys, at this point it's all you.

USD

So wait, do we have a thread about complainers complaining about the complainers complaining about the complainers complaining? Come on guys.

Ceb

It's one of the highest scores Navarro's given out in a while. Seems fair. I think the kind of objective reviewing GS is doing nowadays is a bit odd though. It always feels like the final score is a mish-mash of the "good/bad" breakdown, even if the bad things sometimes might really be inconsequental to the reviewer.

Top Bottom