• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima will be Steam Deck Verified, but multiplayer will be unavailable on handheld

Draugoth

Gold Member
a9bab1949c71722a72f59c03e9a971aa1cc8fc53.jpg
Steam Deck support

We know many of you are eager to play Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut on handheld gaming devices like the Steam Deck. We're happy to share that the single player experience, including the Iki Island expansion, can be enjoyed on Steam Deck and similar handheld gaming PCs as we’ve worked extensively to optimize performance and deliver the best possible experience on these devices.

You may notice that Steam marks the game as 'Unsupported' for Steam Deck. This is due to the Legends co-op multiplayer mode requiring Windows to access PlayStation Network integrated features.

On behalf of everyone at Nixxes and Sucker Punch, we can't wait for PC players to start their adventure and fight for the freedom of Tsushima!

StereoVsn

I mean that’s fine I think. SP on the Deck would be great… unless you live in 100+ non PSN countries …

Right, so going forward don't expect any Sony multiplayer games to work on Steam Deck due to their shitty interface needing windows to run...

Why the fuck is it even necessary outside of needing those bloody engagement numbers?

Edit: Also, how can it be verified if there are features that don't work?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What about Rog ally? It doesn't have a curated environment like Steam deck so it should have everything, right ?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Steam already has it's own system though.

Yeah, but I'm talking about PlayStation trophies. Could be that they will sync up when I'm playing on Windows I guess.

Also would this mean I don't need to make a PSN account in order to play the actual game?

It is optional either way unless you live in one of the restricted countries.

What about Rog ally?

Rog Ally runs Windows

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Ghost of Tsushima is something pc players wanted for the record I played it in 2021 and historic Japan is great.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It’s just a login guys! PC master whiners!

This is why people push back on things like this. At some point in the future anything that requires a login will be unusable. The hoops you have to jump through to get something like Rayman Legends working on Steam Deck is retarded and it’s all because of their dumb login shit.

Topher

Gold Member
Hopefully with steam cloud saves you will just have to launch the game on PC, load up your save and your trophies will pop up.

Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

I'll let someone else be the guinea pig on that. I'm pretty stoked about trophy integration so I'll just play on my PC.

Killjoy-NL

This is why people push back on things like this. At some point in the future anything that requires a login will be unusable. The hoops you have to jump through to get something like Rayman Legends working on Steam Deck is retarded and it’s all because of their dumb login shit.
This is what PC voted for.

Yeah, it's pretty fucking stupid to be honest. These third party launchers and interfaces don't belong on Steam, it is its own DRM and launcher. At least Ubisoft and EA games let you play the multiplayer (unless the anti cheat isn't supported). Although I really can't stand those launchers.

Klosshufvud

It's always going to be a gamble with a Linux/Proton handheld. You get a highly customized OS but it comes at the cost in topic. To those wondering, any Windows handheld will work fine since these games recognize it the same as any PC.

Sleepwalker

I'll let someone else be the guinea pig on that. I'm pretty stoked about trophy integration so I'll just play on my PC.
I moonlight to my deck most of the time nowadays anyway for max settings + rtx at 1080p/90fps with insane battery life.

Also use Chiaki a lot, cant remember the last time I played something natively on deck.

Portugeezer

Right, so going forward don't expect any Sony multiplayer games to work on Steam Deck due to their shitty interface needing windows to run...

Why the fuck is it even necessary outside of needing those bloody engagement numbers?

Edit: Also, how can it be verified if there are features that don't work?
Same as BG3 with no local co-op on Steam deck.

Topher

Gold Member
I moonlight to my deck most of the time nowadays anyway for max settings + rtx at 1080p/90fps with insane battery life.

Also use Chiaki a lot, cant remember the last time I played something natively on deck.

Good point. I've streamed using Steam's streaming functionality before and that seemed pretty good. Is moonlight better?

Klosshufvud

Playing this on my handheld, and wow. FSR3 and Framegen are game changers for handheld gaming. I'm playing the game at 1200p with FSR3 set to balanced. Settings are a mix between low/med/high and wow. It looks amazing in motion on the small screen. I don't feel any noticeable delay from Framegen setting at all. And the visual clarity makes the combat so much better and visuals also. I didn't much care for FSR1 and 2 but I feel like this one hides the aliasing so much better. This is a high quality release.

7AqFN1a.png

Mh2EEc5.png

wpuOY3g.png

axMU6xh.png

Top Bottom