• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

july '07 desktops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Here's the image:

rat_wallsParis_800.jpg

Fits in nicely with the post above. :D

Raistlin

tmaynard said:
So, the bottom bar in your screen is a yahoo widget?

Yep. It's actually two overlayed on top of one another. The main widget (which covers the width of the screen) is called Informer iirc. It is quite configurable.

Overlayed towards the left side is a stock ticker.

Also, I haven't used those widgets since konfabulator got bought out by Yahoo, so have they modified them in any way (ex. added ads, spyware, anything else annoying?)?

Not to my knowledge. If anything, it's really taken off since then. The amount of available widgets is starting to get out of hand.

EGM92

MrSardonic said:
How did you get that appearance on Vista? The stuff on the top and right as well as the date thing...

It's not Vista, it's XP with a Vista skin, I'm currently porting the skin to Vista but that won't be done until proper aero skinning toolsets are released (SkinStudio Vista). I have the skin currently working on Vista but it's not working how I'd like it so I'm not releasing it to the public. The stuff on the top is just Objectdock with Reflections icons, to the right is avedesk and to the bottom is rainlendar.

Threi

notag
MrSardonic said:
Looks awesome. Please could you tell me what you're using to get that clock, those tabs on the right, and that media player...

Clock = DesktopX + this skin (Not worth it)
Tabs = Objectdock Plus + this skin (WORTH IT)
Media Player = Winamp + this skin (might be worth it)

medrew

Fireblend said:
Oh, I can't really recognize a XFCE desktop when I see it. So what's that distro? And how much did you have to modify it to get that look on the bottom bar?

Ahh...
- Add Panel
- Add items to panel (clock, clipman, terminal, sound)
- Add several quicklauncher buttons
- Put commands and icons into quicklauncher buttons
- Delete the two standard xfce panels

Just the standard options you're given, really.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Macam said:
No, that's the Leopard dev preview.
i thought the preview didn't implement the graphical changes yet. at least the shots i saw didn't.

rakka

mattiewheels said:
i thought the preview didn't implement the graphical changes yet. at least the shots i saw didn't.

The build from May's WWDC 2007 (9A466) did. (With the new Finder, apps, Dock, etc.)

Macam

Banned
mattiewheels said:

WWDC 2007 was in early June, not May, but rakka's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom