• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiiWare now available in Japan.

Thanks for the clarification. I can now breathe a sigh of relief. Bring on the creative and retro goodness of WiiWare! *PRAYS FOR METROID*

I cant play right now but my DR Mario code is 3134-5845-2223

It uses online leaderboards and it uses a WFC ranking points like Tetris DS did.

Still uploading videos...

Vinnk

mrpogi23 said:
i would like to thank anyone to bought Saku Saku Animal Panic or planning to.

I hope you guys enjoy it as we enjoyed making it. I cant say yet what the official title for US release because Konami is still in process of finalizing the name... so just wait until then.
I think we are the only american indie developer to launch in japan :)
yes we are indie even tho we are under Konami.

I`ll buy it soon (tonight if I can connect). It looks really fun. Also going to get Star Soilder, FFCC and Dr. Mario. Maybe THe tennis one too, the price is right.

Linkup said:
That red logo is going to become the bane of every wii boxart that holds it.

Im pretty sure its only going to be for dlc, which should be payed for. For online multiplayer we better be getting an enhanced feature set [competent online], but im sure there wont be any first party titles that require subscription fees.

swerve

Star Soldier: Very arcadey - feels more like a NeoGeo game than a Nintendo platform. I sucked at it. First boss is an original XBOX.

Dr. Mario: Normal mode is as expected. The new pointer mode is interesting (not least because you can move parts of pills once their other half has dissolved).

Animal Panic: Just finished downloading (Kobun, no problem with the server from here... is it ok for you now? ) I think it's the biggest (block-wise) game on the service. Which is confusing.

BooJoh

Is there no more info given on why FF:CC has the red WFC logo?

I don't want to hear speculation on p2p sessions or DLC, I just want cold hard facts on when and why I would be required to pay above and beyond the initial 1500 points for the game. This could really make or break the game for me.

Teknoman

swerve said:
Star Soldier: Very arcadey - feels more like a NeoGeo game than a Nintendo platform. I sucked at it. First boss is an original XBOX.

Dr. Mario: Normal mode is as expected. The new pointer mode is interesting (not least because you can move parts of pills once their other half has dissolved).

I need these in North America. NOW.

Also how is the Dr. Mario music? Catchy as the NES game?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I wish someone could explain how Mojipittan takes over 4 times as much space as Dr. Mario.

swerve

I've deleted around 13 VC games to make enough space for the 4 wiiware games I've bought. No new compression in evidence.

Animal Panic is QIX. Which is a pleasant surprise for me.

sp0rsk said:
I wish someone could explain how Mojipittan takes over 4 times as much space as Dr. Mario.

I remember asking myself a similar question when playing Zack and Wiki: "Why does this game have load times, when much more complex games like SMG and MP3:C have none or very little of it? And why does it take up more blocks of memory to SMG and MP3's modest 1 block?"

I think it takes effort and talent to get the data the smallest it can be, and I'm willing to bet that more effort and talent went into the making of Dr. Mario...

sp0rsk said:
Same with the Ping Pong game...:\

So far:

Ping Pong: 274 blocks

Star Soldier: 141 Blocks

Pokemon Ranch: 121 Blocks

DR. Mario: 86 blocks

...it should be the other way around....but still all of them are impressively small.

Video almost done....ug

mrpogi23

swerve said:
I've deleted around 13 VC games to make enough space for the 4 wiiware games I've bought. No new compression in evidence.

Animal Panic is QIX. Which is a pleasant surprise for me.

Yes, it is inspired by Qix, but we got crazy animals, power ups, co-op play up to 4 players, and multiplayer mini games. Have fun capturing those animals especially the crazy elephant hahaha...

sprsk

Hahah oh shit. World rankings for 5 minute mode, i got 665,000 the 1st place guy is 2,256,900

orz

Jiggy

WindyMan said:
Star Soldier R Five-Minute mode gameplay video up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_c7SUd57GY

You can thank me later.
I wonder why Hudson wouldn't just automatically greenlight this for North America (according to the Hudson Q&A thread a few days ago) considering that it's basically entirely in English. This should be a no-brainer, and it looks freaking awesome even if it is only a 2-minute and 5-minute mode. :eek:

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
WiiWare Impressions: Angel's Solitaire said:
There aren't any Wiimote control methods as far as I can see -- just traditional buttons-and-D-pad.
WHAT! wtf, how lazy can you be! How hard is it to put Wii Pointer use in the game?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Jiggy37 said:
I wonder why Hudson wouldn't just automatically greenlight this for North America (according to the Hudson Q&A thread a few days ago) considering that it's basically entirely in English. This should be a no-brainer, and it looks freaking awesome even if it is only a 2-minute and 5-minute mode. :eek:

Star Solider R is on its way to the USA.

ESRB Watch:

Star Soldier R Hudson Entertainment Inc E Fantasy Violence Wii

later

It was already in the javascript files on the wii shop channel that there were going to be pay to play features in these games.

var NO_WIFI = 0; /* no WIFIFREE or WIFIPAY */
var WIFI_PARTIALLY_CHARGED = 1; /* partially charged WIFI */
var WIFI_FREE = 2; /* WIFIFREE only */
var WIFI_ALL_CHARGED = 3; /* all charged WIFI */

sprsk

I just lost pretty bad on mojipittan online. Which is actually pretty good, you see peoples names and their Mii's.

Bizzyb

Banned
Jiggy37 said:

That's pretty lame. I mean only 2 modes?? and limited to 5 and 2 minutes? what is this? a full game or a half hearted demo?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
sp0rsk said:
I just lost pretty bad on mojipittan online. Which is actually pretty good, you see peoples names and their Mii's.
:O
Fuck, I need some Wii Points like now.

mrpogi23 said:
i would like to thank anyone to bought Saku Saku Animal Panic or planning to.

I hope you guys enjoy it as we enjoyed making it. I cant say yet what the official title for US release because Konami is still in process of finalizing the name... so just wait until then.
I think we are the only american indie developer to launch in japan :)
yes we are indie even tho we are under Konami.

Oh my crocodile Australia is hard. Will be fun to see what's next.

sprsk

Bizzyb said:
That's pretty lame. I mean only 2 modes?? and limited to 5 and 2 minutes? what is this? a full game or a half hearted demo?
It's a full game, the point isn't playing a straight shooter, its honing your skills to get the most points out of that 5 minutes.

kamikaze

i know this is an old complaint but it's really starting to hit home now...dammit nintendo, i don't like cleaning out my fridge! :(

(i'm not out of space yet, but i can see myself having to remove stuff later this year)

Top Bottom