• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Anno Wii Screens

wrowa

Tathanen said:
Yeah that trailer looked really good, but the English announcer almost managed to completely un-sell me on the whole thing. ACCESSIBLE ACCESSIBLE ACCESSIBLE!

I can only hope it's just a case of the marketing team being overzealous in their attempts to cater to the "Wii audience," and doesn't actually reflect it being made as a baby game.
This fears probably everyone who is looking forward to this game.

But on the other hand the marketing for Anno was always ... sub-par. Even in Germany where the series is a huuuuge success. (The German people around here shold just remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb3GL7Opnd4 )

markot

Banned
Maybe ubisoft will give the series better legs >.<?

The DS one prior to this was distributed by Disney or some such.

Ive got the ds one but I bought the pc version of anno 1701 on Direct2drive, 14.95 for ze gold package! And its a pretty awesome game ^_^ Although I kinda already knew that! I hope they dont cut too much out of the wii version, and that they give it a decent push.

Any idea when itll come out >.>?

markot said:
Maybe ubisoft will give the series better legs >.<?

The DS one prior to this was distributed by Disney or some such.

Ive got the ds one but I bought the pc version of anno 1701 on Direct2drive, 14.95 for ze gold package! And its a pretty awesome game ^_^ Although I kinda already knew that! I hope they dont cut too much out of the wii version, and that they give it a decent push.

Any idea when itll come out >.>?
The game is made by the guys who made the DS version last time. So it will be good I think :)

bengraven

Wow, this is how ports should be.

PC gamers have their super-realistic game and console gamers have something unique.

This is really beautiful. I may end up picking this up instead of the new Anno for my PC just because of the art style.
and because I'm fairly crap at PC RTSs and need some practice

Looks really nice. My german is horrible though so I did not understand much of what they were saying.

The Anno stuff is in the middle of the video for those who like me don't really care about assasins creed II the return of boredom.

Apenheul

Caesar III said:
I don't know if there is an English version of Ubisoft TV so here is the German version with new scenes.
http://ubitv.de.ubi.com/index.php?vid=374&listsort=3&theme_id=0&pid=0&games_id=7&side=1

I wasn't impressed by the screenshots of Anno for Wii but man, this game looks good in motion. I really like the style, it feels coherent and alive, much more so than the PC and DS versions IMO. I really enjoyed the previous DS game and I was planning to buy the new DS one but it looks like I'm buying the Wii version instead now.

Chairhome

I just started getting into Anno 1701 on DS, and just saw the vid. Looks pretty much the same gameplay wise, but that's a good thing. Hopefully we'll see some solid release dates soon, I might pick up both the Wii and DS version... heck, maybe even the PC version. Any release date on the next PC version?

PuppetSlave said:
Looks really nice. My german is horrible though so I did not understand much of what they were saying.
Short summary out of my head (don't want to wait 1h again to watch it :( )

- first they thought about making Anno on Wii and made prototypes
- people did not like it so they changed it a bit
- it turned out to work then
- Wii is a Casual console and even Casuals want some mind challenge, see Kawashima and such
- so Anno fits perfectly on Wii because its mind challenging AND casual (in sense of try and watch)
- Different difficulties are included, easy, normal, hard
- on easy the game is build and watch and don't care much
- on hard you have to take care on everything like in every Anno so far
- Andreas Suika is proud of said approach to have different difficulties and their seamless integration
- a tester said he loved watching the game and in the end he realized what he created and was amazed on the complexity he managed without noticing
- Game ships on May 20th in Europe at least

uhm, yeah, that's all I can remember of :D

@ Chairhome:
Anno - Create a new World (Wii and DS) release date is May 20th (Europe),
Anno 1404 PC is planned for June 25th afaik (Europe again, dunno about NA)

@Apenheul: yes, I like the style too. I even like it more than the PC game style

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Ubisoft has pretty much doomed this game with shitty box art.

51RZ6jdRPaL.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It must be a placeholder since the name has changed, hopefully they redo the whole thing.

Chairhome

Caesar III said:
@ Chairhome:
Anno - Create a new World (Wii and DS) release date is May 20th (Europe),
Anno 1404 PC is planned for June 25th afaik (Europe again, dunno about NA)
Thanks! I appreciate it! Hopefully the NA release isn't too far from that.

Shiggie

iidesuyo said:
Especially since the game is "all ages" anyway. There is some sense if they put warning signs on 18+ games, but this is just stupid.
Has anyone in the industry complain about that Bigasssticker®?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
delicious.

unprecedented level of technical maturity by a 3rd party on the wii. the only other game in that league is spyborgs.

stuminus3

That looks really nice in motion, I've been hoping for something like this on the Wii (because of the pointer controls of course, obviously an HD resolution would be nicer)... I pretty much gave up on PC gaming a couple of years back (sorry) but I still get the urge for a game like this from time to time.

Vinci

Danish
Caesar III said:
I found some nice gameplay videos on youtube and wanted to share them with you. Sorry, but the first has german voiceover :(

unpacking Anno Wii
Wii-Fans.de plays Anno Wii
Anno Wii Gameplay

It's mentioned in the first video that the framerate is really solid ("it runs incredibly smooth") and the game looks great without a lot edges and aliasing.

In the second video you can see a big town @ around 2:00min

Such a lovely game <3 <3

That really looks awesome. Thanks for the vids,

Top Bottom