• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In the spirit of a new Zelda release, this thread is dedicated to the series' music

Duderz

Banned
BrandNew said:
Eh. There absolutely nothing wrong with the inclusion and usage of MIDI, but Nintendo just needs to fucking man up and use better sampling for their Zelda titles. Mario Galaxy had some fantastic MIDI themes.

I think that every MIDI track in Mario Galaxy paled when compared to the orchestrated tracks. I also think the teaser tracks for Twilight Princess were better then the majority of the soundtrack.

I'm with jett - Zelda Wii NEEDS to get orchestrated tracks when the game demands them - far too many tracks in Twilight Princess don't meet up with what you're seeing on screen.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Why Nintendo got rid of LTTP's Lost Wood's theme is beyond me. Such an amazing and atmopsheric song.

Yeah. I actually hated OOT's lost woods theme. Had no sense of mystery or wonder to it, which the SNES one had in spades.

upandaway

Jason's Ultimatum said:
God, the music in ALLTP was so fucking amazing. Just listen to that Lost Wood's theme song. Thank god for my snes.

I wish Nintendo would go back to the awesomeness of LA and LTTP's music. :(
From what I hear people are praising ST all over the place regarding music.

Kard8p3

This is the theme from Spirit Tracks I mentioned last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6BtIi5zXqQ

I don't know what it's called so it's not named yet. I just remember another person having it up on youtube the other day but then it was taken down. If anyone can tell me what this theme is called I'd really appreciate it (unless it's spoilerific.)

BrandNew said:
Awesome addition to the thread.

Er, someone mentioned ST's soundtrack and I gave my opinion. I've also already gave my opinion on which Zeldas have the best music.....

But nice try. I'll give you an A for effort, champ.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Er, someone mentioned ST's soundtrack and I gave my opinion. I've also already gave my opinion on which Zeldas has the best music.....

But nice try. I'll give you an A for effort, champ.
1232550506_quickreaction.gif

Kard8p3

Kard8p3 said:
This is the theme from Spirit Tracks I mentioned last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6BtIi5zXqQ

I don't know what it's called so it's not named yet. I just remember another person having it up on youtube the other day but then it was taken down. If anyone can tell me what this theme is called I'd really appreciate it (unless it's spoilerific.)

Does no one know what this track is called?

Here's another favorite from OoT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZsVnTWe7vM

Teknoman

A Link to the past: Prologue

The best prologue theme. Ever.

Twilit Igniter: Fyrus

So awesome. Just wish the fight was a little more intense.

Twilight Princess: Gerudo Desert

Really captured the feel of a sun-baked desert.

Molgera (Wind Waker)

Always liked the insect boss battles in Zelda.

Minish Cap: Minish Woods

This track is seared into my memory since it meshed so well with the environment I was in: Breezy spring day in the park with sunlight streaming through the trees.

Minish Cap: Cloud Tops

Minish Cap: Credits

I really hope Nintendo lets Capcom do another Zelda title...maybe even a DSiware remake of Zelda 1...anything. Minish Cap had an amazing soundtrack.

EDIT: Spirit Tracks theme and Wind Waker sailing theme are awesome.

Mak

ryan-ts said:
Yeah I would agree but whats up with the remix shit?

I wanted bleeps and bloops!!

Here's the ending to Link's Awakening
part 1 (Ballad of the Windfish)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tffSdWU0n0Y
part 2 (Ending/Credits )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYd1M8-TO9c

Still one of the best endings in the Zelda series. I love the credits theme. Although it's sad the dream ended and the island disappeared, Link smiles after awakening and the music carries him on his way.

This is an awesome Zelda II video with a lyrical song to the music in the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i8Oy2l0cjo

thomaser said:
Another favourite from Link's Awakening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfNyRZFzOJU&feature=related From the start of the game, when you're looking for a sword. Such a simple but effective tune, really shows what a talented composer can do with a few bleeps and blops.
Aaaah I forgot about this! One of the greatest songs in any Zelda game, it really should be in my top 5 list. I listened to it constantly at one point.

Edit: Also Palace of Winds from Minish Cap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP3t_UgDSzY

That song is so weird, because the beginning part and end part (that loops) sound like completely different songs. When I first played the game, I was confused, because whenever the music restarted (like after a miniboss) I thought the dungeon had 2 songs.

My favorite part is the beginning part. I could listen to it over and over and over.

Teknoman

Why would you do that? said:
Aaaah I forgot about this! One of the greatest songs in any Zelda game, it really should be in my top 5 list. I listened to it constantly at one point.

This was the first game I played on classic gameboy...too bad they're against remakes (or did I read that wrong).

EDIT:

Aha!

Mitsuhiko Takano (高野充彦) is a composer of video game music.

List of Works
Mega Man Star Force (2007)
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (2006)
Resident Evil Outbreak: File 2 (2005)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2004)
Resident Evil Outbreak (2004)
Hyper Street Fighter 2: The Anniversary Edition
Gotcha Force (2003)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Whirlwind (2002)
Marvel vs. Capcom (2000)

boiled goose

good with gravy
HOLY SHIT!!!!

TOO MUCH AWESOME.

I honestly can't take it. It makes me want to play all Zelda games simultaneously.

OOT and MM have such outstanding soundtracks.
ALTTP is also amazing.
Many of the original tracks from TP are also top notch.

NaviLink

legend_of_zelda_hyrule_symphony.jpg

The Hyrule Symphony album is certainly the best versions you can hope for when it comes to Zelda music.

But there is one track in particular from that album that blows me away every time I hear it : Gerudo Valley.

The original used MIDI guitars with a splanish flavour. This version is done mostly by violins.
And it is awesome. So powerful, so intense, so-mind blowing, you'll never get tired of it.

The surprising thing is that even when you are a hardcore fan, you won't recognize the theme for the first 30 seconds, since the two versions have a completely different feel.

Also, let's mention the Goron theme who is really great in this album, and of course, the Zelda medley, the ultimate track for all the fans.

Codeblue

Pretty much all of my favorites have been covered except for Linebeck's Theme. Phantom Hourglass had a pretty bland soundtrack, but I'm glad they did Linebeck justice. He is probably my favorite supporting character from the series.

NotWii

Banned
Android18a said:
Yeah. I actually hated OOT's lost woods theme. Had no sense of mystery or wonder to it, which the SNES one had in spades.
Wow, here I was thinking I was the only one who thought that :eek:

Everyone loves the shitty OOT lost woods theme...

My personal top 3 would have to be:

Dark World overworld theme from ALttP: totally made you feel like a badass
Song of Healing from MM: sad yet hopeful; loved how well it supported the main theme of the game
Gerudo Valley from OoT: just fucking fantastic

Music from every Zelda game makes me nostalgic, but wow anytime I listen to stuff from OOT (such as the Gerudo Valley theme or Forest Temple theme) I'm so overwhelmed by nostalgia I feel like a little kid again. This series has such perfect music

Diortem7

I love the music that was used in the GDC '05 trailer of Twilight Princess. I still occasionally watch the trailer just to listen to the music.

With that said, does anyone know if that was original music made for the trailer, or was it taken from something else? If it's the latter, does anyone know the source of the music?

Top Bottom