• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey GAF, what other websites do you post on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maron

DTLIONS1013 said:
I used to post all the time on the old nintendo forums, I was really sad when they were taken down, I had a lot of friends on there. Now I just post on GAF and Bigsoccer

Man, I used to love NSider. Of course, that's expected when it was summer and I was only 12 years old. I remember wanting to even do Camp Hyrule too...:lol

I used to be on TMK's Fungi Forums all the time under the username PaperMario (I was 12, and I liked Paper Mario, so I guess it made sense to me). When I first started lurking here I recognized DavidDayton from GAF since he's a staff and forum member at TMK. In fact, it was a link from that website that first introduced me to GAF. I haven't posted there in over a year.

I'm a member at ToonZone too. It's a really nice community and for me (an aspiring cartoonist) it's really nice to be able to see what people like and don't like in their shows, and for all of them to cite their reasons. I've been there for 5 years but haven't really tried to stand out or post very reguarly. I go by Super Sonic there (for some reason I was into Sonic X since I was also 12 at the time).

Then there's GameSpot but I left and haven't posted there in over a year also. If I ever come back, it'll be just to look at some o my friend's blog entries, to be honest...

The minute I was approved at GAF I knew I wouldn't go back!

Minamu

GAF and gamefaqs for me. I post some comments on kotaku and destructoid occasionally but not a whole lot.

I got moderated and suspended pending investigation on gamefaqs 4 times for having
"B.I.T.C.H.: Beautiful Individual That Causes Hard-ons"
as my signature for a day :lol Had to fight for my life there for a while. Now I just take "pride" in my 3100+ points account (almost 10 years of constantly active posts across the boards)...

I've been on a few Swedish gaming sites but they've been shut down or I've just moved on.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
GAF
WastingYourLife

On both I'm Alfarif. On both, I'm a dumbass. On both, I ratchet the creep factor up to 10 whenever I'm around. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah boy!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I knew exactly what most of the replies would consist of when i read the thread title.

~capsule

Neo Member
PlayStation.com forums
Gametrailers
GAF

I don't even bother to visit the PS forums of Gametrailers anymore and I lurk more than I post on GAF. I lurk other sites, but not on a daily basis.

xbhaskarx

Letters said:
Seems like a stealth WYL recruiting thread. :lol

At least they're being subtle about it... "wow that WYL place looks JUST LIKE GAF"

diunxx said:
I tried WYL but shit sucks.

It's just like GAF.... if one of the worst members was a mod
Costanza

Wanace

Rarely elsewhere but I do post at Chinese-forums.com and eslcafe.com's forums. Rarely.

I also have over 6,000 posts on the IGN boards but I haven't posted there in years. I used to hang out in the Pokemon board mainly.

BlueWord

Currently:

GAF, styleforum.net, New Horizon

In the past:

Debatepolitics, Planet Megaman, Megaman Alternate Universe

There have been others. I don't remember them too well, though.

used to post on niketalk a lot a while back, i should get back on there, also used to post on ISS, smash world forums (nightly dojo update thread <3 :lol )

and a couple others i forgot, some NBA forums, LOST forums

these days i post mainly on here, although checking out these suggestions, i'll check them out :D

stldave2

The only non-car forums I frequent are GAF and Rooster Teeth, but I don't usually post on the later.

That being said, I spend a lot of time on car forums.

hfboards.com for hockey discussion
rateyourmusic.com for music and film discussion
gamefaqs for game-related questions, unless there's a busy official thread here

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Vamphuntr said:
I post mostly on GAF.

Seems there are some memes(jokes?) in this thread that I do not understand.
You're not missing much.

Oh, can't believe I forgot: I also go to ps3trophies.org quite a bit; only have like 75 posts there, but still, it's pretty much my main resource for trophy whoring endeavors.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I spend 99% of my forum-browsing hours on GAF these days.

Prior to having my GAF account activated, however, I posted a lot over at Whirlpool (11355 posts as of today). I still post there these days, but only infrequently.

In the lead-up to GameTrailers giving away a bunch of LittleBigPlanet beta keys, I logged in to an old account that I created years ago for the purpose of commenting on videos, and began posting on the forums so, at first glance, it didn't seem like I had begun posting just for the sake of getting a key. This proved successful, and even after getting a key, I still kept posting. Soon enough, I had posted over 800 times. After realising what I had done, well, you know the scene in Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, in which Ace realises "Einhorn is Finkle. Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorne is a man!" and attempts to cleanse himself? It was like that. Haven't posted there since.

I also have an account over at Something Awful, but I use it for lurking rather than posting. In fact, I think I've only posted 2 or 3 times since I bought an account around 18 months ago. Can't even remember when my last post was.

That's about it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Thinking back, I don't recognize many people from the other forums I frequent here at GAF. Even from Wii IGN, all I see is Hal_Laboratory and at one point Dr.Tre (is he banned now? I'm guessing he is lol). Weird...

Skiesofwonder said:
Thinking back, I don't recognize many people from the other forums I frequent here at GAF. Even from Wii IGN, all I see is Hal_Laboratory and at one point Dr.Tre (is he banned now? I'm guessing he is lol). Weird...

Yeah, I posted on IGN for years, and I've always recognized many posters here from my days on the IGN console boards.

Edit- I read your post wrong... yeah I guess my memory IS better than yours.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
revolverjgw said:
Yeah, I posted on IGN for years, and I've always recognized many posters here from my days on the IGN console boards.

Really? Maybe my memory is bad then. You frequent the Nintendo side?

But why is WYL so much like GAF? Who created it, and for what purpose? Why does it attract the worst of GAF, as some people suggest? Its a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a vest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom