• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PETA's new game parody, "Super TOFU Boy!".

SuperMeatBoy Team Meat
How many Peta members does it take to change a lightbulb?.... None, Peta can't change anything.
12 minutes ago

SuperMeatBoy Team Meat
Attention!: There is no way we can be upset by the fee advertising Peta is giving us, besides we made tofu boy 1st! http://bit.ly/dWWrdx
15 minutes ago

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Came in here to see people bagging on PETA not Tofu. Tofu is great, and and awesome way to knock out a few calories from your diet.
Not a Vegan and hate PETA with a vengeance, put away your pitchforks and knives.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
HadesGigas said:
SuperMeatBoy Team Meat
How many Peta members does it take to change a lightbulb?.... None, Peta can't change anything.
12 minutes ago
:lol Daaaaamn, son!

Ellis Kim

Banned
stuminus3 said:
This might be true. I was introduced to tofu by my friend's wife who somehow thought it was a good idea to serve tofu burgers at a barbecue. I had to kill her. Then I ate her.
See, that's just the wrong way to go. Tofu burgers are meant for consideration by attending vegetarians at a barbeque, not for the people who are there for the meat.

You want tofu served right, you have to look to eastern dishes and marinade.

Mr_Appleby said:
pshaw, there is a chinese restaurant around here that does a dish of Tofu and Bacon. and it's fucking awesome, chunks of fried tofu (the puffy kind) soaking in smokey greasy bacon juices <3
Hey, I just happen to dislike the 'scorching lava+my ass' combo. :lol

Seriously though, it must be good. Everything is better with bacon.
AuaOu.jpg

NtoKJ.jpg

Ratba said:
Came in here to see people bagging on PETA not Tofu. Tofu is great, and and awesome way to knock out a few calories from your diet.
Not a Vegan and hate PETA with a vengeance, put away your pitchforks and knives.
Shirley you need to calm down.
9r4pS.jpg

qEzTX.jpg

dIe2i.jpg

g4lvk.jpg

Emitan

What a strange world we live in where not only is there a terrorist organization that kills thousands of animals a year that claims to be trying to prevent animal slaughter, but they also make flash games about things completely unrelated animals. Unless they think PETA members are filled with tofu instead of meat.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HadesGigas said:
SuperMeatBoy Team Meat
12 minutes ago

SuperMeatBoy Team Meat
Attention!: There is no way we can be upset by the fee advertising Peta is giving us, besides we made tofu boy 1st! http://bit.ly/dWWrdx
15 minutes ago
:lol :lol :lol I'm officially a fan of these devs. This is something I can Rally behind.

BobsRevenge said:
Yeah, tofu definitely has its culinary uses. Its just... it shouldn't be a substitute. Its niche is flavor sponging. I really dislike the idea of substitutions that vegetarians and vegans seem to provide a market for. I'm fairly certain that vegan cheese is the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth.

Substitution is so fucking terrible. You can't make not-meat taste like meat and you shouldn't even try. Tofu, prepared correctly (as, for example, you can find it in a variety of Asian cuisines) is fucking delicious, but it's nothing like meat, it's its own uniquely delicious thing.

The tofu with bacon is really the perfect example. :lol

Davidion

Team Tofu
@SuperTofuBoy brings all the boys to the yard: http://bit.ly/dQ0LlH

Team Meat
@SuperTofuBoy that might be true but Super meat boy brings all the girls to the yard (and has sex with them)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

Sometimes the simple jokes are best.

TheOGB

Banned
I can't believe I gave up time with a good game for this ;_;

EDIT: I'm even madder now that I've figured it out ._.
AND STILL CAN'T FUCKING FINISH IT

Lijik

TheOGB said:
I can't believe I gave up time with a good game for this ;_;

EDIT: I'm even madder now that I've figured it out ._.
AND STILL CAN'T FUCKING FINISH IT
Do not check out Super Chick Sisters. I can't believed I decided to play through that.
Luckily I was smart and stopped New Super Chick Sisters midway through level 1.

TheOGB

Banned
Lijik said:
Do not check out Super Chick Sisters. I can't believed I decided to play through that.
Luckily I was smart and stopped New Super Chick Sisters midway through level 1.
I was there when it was released.

So bad D:

you guys are just so bitter with everything

its not like this game is offending anyone here, and the meat boy devs tolerate it. so just ignore it oder play the game.

i dont exactly know what makes PETA (us version) a bad organizastion, but i guess, everyone can agree that it would be better for the animals if they were treated ethically.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Earl Cazone said:

its not like this game is offending anyone here, and the meat boy devs tolerate it. so just ignore it oder play the game.

i dont exactly know what makes PETA (us version) a bad organizastion, but i guess, everyone can agree that it would be better for the animals if they were treated ethically.
PETA gets a lot of people nervous because of their treatment of the animals they seize. I'll have to dig up some numbers but there are is a huge percentage of animals terminated in their care.

Plus there are so many local animal shelters and hospitals that people ought to support rather than PETA, and as for welfare charities? I'm the wrong person to ask.

This site has a clear agenda, but the numbers are worth chewing over.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Earl Cazone said:

Liozi.gif

If this is accurate, PETA and ethical should not be in the same sentence.

Mzo

The best thing you can do for PETA is give them the attention they're so starved for.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to ignore them.

Man, it's a good thing they gave me the option to pledge to go vegan on the same page. Nothing makes me consider major life changes like playing a flash parody of an indie game.

Rainier

Luigison said:
I was watching a science program recently that pointed out how close pigs are to use. So close in fact that we use them for spare parts and testing medical devices, procedures, and drugs intended for humans. And last night I saw Dirty Jobs with Mike Row working with dead and decaying pigs that the people said they used because there flesh was so similar to humans. So, if pigs are so close to use and we eat them does that makes use nearly cannibals.
Huh, that's like saying that if I screwed my sister in-law, it's nearly incest. Because it totally wasn't wouldn't be.

tmarques

charlequin said:
You can't make not-meat taste like meat

Thank GOD! The taste of meat is DIGUSTING.

That said, I'm glad I'm not the only vegetarian who finds PETA embarassing. Live and let live.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Rainier said:
Huh, that's like saying that if I screwed my sister in-law, it's nearly incest. Because it totally wasn't wouldn't be.
Exactly. We still don't fully understand genetics, but the differences are significant enough.
charlequin said:
Substitution is so fucking terrible. You can't make not-meat taste like meat and you shouldn't even try. Tofu, prepared correctly (as, for example, you can find it in a variety of Asian cuisines) is fucking delicious, but it's nothing like meat, it's its own uniquely delicious thing.

The tofu with bacon is really the perfect example. :lol
The only "substitute" that I came across during my stint as a vegetarian that was completely tolerable was vegetarian chorizo, and works wonderfully as a sub for taco/burrito meat when used in conjunction with carne asada sauce.

Youta Mottenai said:
Hey, I just happen to dislike the 'scorching lava+my ass' combo. :lol

Seriously though, it must be good. Everything is better with bacon.
<pictures>
Shirley you need to calm down.
<more delicious pictures>
There's this tofu dish that my sister introduced to me once, but I have no idea what its name is. Its like hot fried tofu soaked in seseme seed oil with soy sauce, chopped jalapeno and green onions.

enzo_gt said:
Liozi.gif

If this is accurate, PETA and ethical should not be in the same sentence.

I think they have a statement on their site, where they explain that they come up with the costs for putting animals to sleep, because many families cannot come up with the money for that, if their pet is uncurable sick.

i must admit, i think the founder is nuts, i heard some interviews with her and she is really extreme and not rational. but still - even if some aspects of the organisation are hypocritical, i still dont see a problem with creating awareness of humiliating conditions of animals in life-stock farms.

Top Bottom