• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword Limited Edition given away by Nintendo to German Fansite [Demo canned]

Xane

likeGdid said:
Are there any real downsides to making demos more available? I mean, it's free* promotion. Holding it over people's heads is kind of a jerk thing to do.

edit: *well, not really, but still
There really shouldn't be any real reason to not allow a public distribution of demos, but I am interested in how NeoGAF feels towards this matter.

Right now, no one can tell if any of the 25 potential winners will be able and willing to share the love.

mclem

Xane said:
There really shouldn't be any real reason to not allow a public distribution of demos, but I am interested in how NeoGAF feels towards this matter.

Right now, no one can tell if any of the 25 potential winners will be able and willing to share the love.

To be fair, there's no way there's just those 25 demos out there. I'm sure we'll be hearing about more in due course. And as I said before, it does make a *lot* of sense for them to be a VIP freebie for the orchestral concerts.

FyreWulff

Randomizer said:
Lol perfect. Nintendo really need to step this shit up with the Wii U and to a lesser extent the 3DS. To bad there's supposedly no HD in the Wii U :/

Uh, the Wii U is already confirmed to have HDMI and be HD capable.

likeGdid said:
Are there any real downsides to making demos more available? I mean, it's free* promotion. Holding it over people's heads is kind of a jerk thing to do.

edit: *well, not really, but still

Making a demo requires spending a bunch of time and money making a branch of your game to work as a demo when you could use that time to work on the game itself.

Xane

Oh.. nvm actually.
Nintendo hat mich heute angeschrieben und mitgeteilt, dass sie die 25 Demo-Discs aus organisatorischen Gründen nicht liefern können. Deshalb waren sie so fair und bieten den Gewinnern 25 - ja 25 - vollwertige limitierte Editionen von Skyward Sword an.
(Source)
"Today, Nintendo contacted me to tell me that they won't be able to provide the 25 Demo-Discs due to some organizational difficulties. Instead, they're offering 25 limited editions of Skyward Sword for the contest."

So yeah. No demo discs anymore. ;//

The Hermit

Xane said:
Oh.. nvm actually.

"Today, Nintendo contacted me to tell me that they won't be able to provide the 25 Demo-Discs due to some organizational difficulties. Instead, they're offering 25 limited editions of Skyward Sword for the contest."

So yeah. No demo discs anymore. ;//

So the full version is going to be leaked warly now instead of the demo :/

Baiano19 said:
So the full version is going to be leaked warly now instead of the demo :/

No, they'll probably deliver it on the day of release.

I'm still expecting NoE to give VIPs the demo on Oct 25th ;//

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I doubt Nintendo is going to send them a copy of the game that far in advance.

Xane

Lord Ghirahim said:
Meaning... the Wii Remote Plus bundle? ;//
Indeed.
N23092011_05.jpg

EatChildren said:
I doubt Nintendo is going to send them a copy of the game that far in advance.
Correct, those will be handed out on the release date.
So no more exclusivity.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I wonder if it is actually our fault. Giving too much attention to the whole thing. I doubt it, though.

Chesskid1

Banned
don't feel like reading the entire thread but didn't like 2 people in here say there were going to rip it to the internet?

*grabs pitchfork*

bummer, but not a big deal.

Anth0ny said:
No shit. Nintendo never does early demos. EVER.
Early version that aren't demos are a different matter though. Animal Crossing and Custom Robo come to mind. I think both are identical to the final release.

Then again there also was that time NOE sent the E3 demo of Zelda: The Minish Cap to magazines as a review copy*...well except the official one. Funny that.
*-This was when they were trying all kinds of things to stop reviewers leaking GBA games...Pokemon FR/LG came encased within a GBA SP meaning magazines couldn't take screenshots.

Shiggy

Nintendo Germany had some demos left from Gamescom and various press events... it looks like someone was unhappy with their decision to send those out!?

Gravijah

Shiggy said:
Nintendo Germany had some demos left from Gamescom and various press events... it looks like someone was unhappy with their decision to send those out!?

Maybe they were afraid of the demo leaking. Or people looking into the files on the disc.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
FyreWulff said:
Uh, the Wii U is already confirmed to have HDMI and be HD capable.

Presumably he meant hard drive, in which case he'd be correct. Well, spinning disk hard drive. The Wii U will only have flash memory.

But I'm guessing it'll have at least 16 GB. Plenty for demos.

FyreWulff

Andrex said:
Presumably he meant hard drive, in which case he'd be correct. Well, spinning disk hard drive. The Wii U will only have flash memory.

But I'm guessing it'll have at least 16 GB. Plenty for demos.

Nintendo already confirmed you'll be able to connect any USB mass-storage device to it.

So I think storage with the Wii U can already be marked as 'solved'

Top Bottom