• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
shaowebb said:
I posted over in the SRK thread to let em know we don't know yet if Jintor can post anything about what he finds yet.

If he can though I'll likely go ahead and cut paste questions on a list from SRK members for him to look over and try things off of too.

I so hope he is allowed to do this.

hum bah! I doubt he can.

shaowebb

IntelliHeath said:
hum bah! I doubt he can.

Honestly, I doubt he can myself but I'll keep my fingers crossed. It'd sure be nice to have a private Q&A session with someone playing this to test for stuff like the Skullgirls team did on a stream awhile back.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
shaowebb said:
Honestly, I doubt he can myself but I'll keep my fingers crossed. It'd sure be nice to have a private Q&A session with someone playing this to test for stuff like the Skullgirls team did on a stream awhile back.

I know but it is too wishy wishy to happens now. I would love to know a lot about phoenix wright and frank west; but I doubt that it would happens.

I am not getting my hope high but if people wish to. They are allowed to do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What if Capcom pulled a Sentinel on us and there are more than 12 characters on disc? And one is Megaman
Volnutt cause he's the best one
?

d0c, YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T CONTROL IT!

tinfoil-hat1.jpg

I'm starving for some new info :(

But really guys, don't break any rules or embargoes or anything. It's not worth it, never is. Hopefully someone sent the French a preview copy and the leaks start dripping soon. Also, we shouldn't be piling all of these responsibilities and expectations on Jintor so early guys, let us wait and see if he can actually talk and if he actually has the time to test all of this stuff.

enzo_gt said:
But really guys, don't break any rules or embargoes or anything. It's not worth it, never is. Hopefully someone sent the French a preview copy and the leaks start dripping soon. BWe also shouldn't be piling all of these responsibilities and expectations on Jintor so early guys, let us wait and see if he can actually talk and if he actually has the time to test all of this stuff.

I'm hoping that some foreign publication drops the ball and ends up mistakenly showing something, like how Akuma accidentally popped up in a review picture after Haggar and Phoenix were revealed.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
What if Capcom pulled a Sentinel on us and there are more than 12 characters on disc? And one is Megaman
Volnutt cause he's the best one
?

d0c, YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T CONTROL IT!

tinfoil-hat1.jpg

I'm starving for some new info :(

But really guys, don't break any rules or embargoes or anything. It's not worth it, never is. Hopefully someone sent the French a preview copy and the leaks start dripping soon. BWe also shouldn't be piling all of these responsibilities and expectations on Jintor so early guys, let us wait and see if he can actually talk and if he actually has the time to test all of this stuff.

Exactly, no pressure.

I am too hype for Phoenix Wright if he didn't say anything. I can wait for 12 more days!

I hate the fact they had to announced that they suppose to have 58 characters. That's why I want to know who are those last 8 characters that got ditched.

I started to suspect that one of them were going to be black panther.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Jintor said:
It's a preview build, not a review build, so I also think it's a TGS build. I've requested clarification though (on both the build and the embargo).

Please bear in mind that I am a rank amateur at this game so I really won't be able to provide as much information as, say, our Hulking friend who was providing us information reports from Dubai. But I'll try my best! (If I legally can!)
Get someone to make a combo vid like Max did with the CES build. :p

(100% speculation on my part, but I've been curious about that video ever since it came out. No Haggar, Phoenix, Akuma, Sentinel, Hsien-Ko, or Taskmaster. No training mode HUD stuff either. Hmmmm.)

shaowebb

Jintor said:
I honestly won't know until tonight (that's in about 8 or 9 hours from now for you non-GMT+10s). I have to attend a Namco-Bandai event tonight so I won't have access to the debug until then.

I just realized we may not know if he can even do anything until 8 to 9 hours from now due to his meeting if he already left. I think I'll mention this to the SRK guys who I'm trying to keep calm, but whose questions I'll cut paste if Jintor gets the go ahead.

The more ideas the better, but only if this is a go.

Leetirl

Neo Member
IntelliHeath said:
look like we are getting new junior members now or what?

welcome to fighting gaf (just in case)

Thanks, happy to be here. And yeah, I love my avatar.

All we need now is a little pee pee.

corrosivefrost said:
Ohhhh, I like Solar's idea of banning characters. In fact, I think I love it. Up it to 5. I know who would be on my list!
Five would be more than necessary, but not bad at all. I'd kill Wesker, Wolverine and Akuma right from the start and I'd have some real fun with randoms for the first time in months.

The movement is growing :)
Karsticles said:
Wow, LLND with brand new Hsien-ko technology. :-O
Que?

Basically, on an incoming character, he did Tenrai Ha, and as soon as the weight hit, he X-Factored and dashed through his opponent, making the spiked balls cross up - sick mixup. Then he did another Tenrai Ha to finish off his opponent.

Jintor

Karsticles said:

Cheers for the heads-up, but I won't get too worried until someone posts a picture of IRL me ==;;

no word from Capcom PR yet.

I went to go see Soul Calibur V btw. That game looks boss, but I have no understanding of its base mechanics :T Anyway, the upside is that I read the event schedule wrong and I'll be playtesting in about an hour and a half.

Since we didn't receive any information about an embargo with the disc, my boss said to assume there's no embargo on it until contacted otherwise, but I'm going to play it safe for now and only talk about/clarify what was seen in the Fight Club and TGS Builds. If there are any new characters in this build I will not talk about them until I get the go-ahead from Capcom PR.

Come at me, bros!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Jintor said:
Cheers for the heads-up, but I won't get too worried until someone posts a picture of IRL me ==;;

I went to go see Soul Calibur V btw. That game looks boss, but I have no understanding of its base mechanics :T Anyway, the upside is that I read the event schedule wrong and I'll be playtesting in about an hour and a half.

Since we didn't receive any information about an embargo with the disc, my boss said to assume there's no embargo on it until contacted otherwise, but I'm going to play it safe for now and only talk about/clarify what was seen in the Fight Club and TGS Builds. If there are any new characters in this build I will not talk about them until I get the go-ahead from Capcom PR.

Come at me, bros!

alright, are 4 new characters in this disc? if so, then have fun with them!

Jintor said:

Come at me, bros!
xocgN.jpg

"The hatches are open!"

Jintor said:

Come at me, bros!
You could write down the answers to any questions that people have so that you don't have to memorize answers while you wait for Capcom to respond. If they say you are under embargo... burn them. If you are good to go you saved yourself a headache! :)

Have fun!
Karsticles said:
Basically, on an incoming character, he did Tenrai Ha, and as soon as the weight hit, he X-Factored and dashed through his opponent, making the spiked balls cross up - sick mixup. Then he did another Tenrai Ha to finish off his opponent.
She'd be on some A tier shit if Capcom really put in the effort.

IntelliHeath said:
I hate the fact they had to announced that they suppose to have 58 characters.

When was this said? Man I need to get my 6 week old son to get on the hype train so we can bond on gaf. Maybe if the put in Babyhead from Captain Commando he could relate more.

Jintor

It's the TGS build, guys. No menus, no movelists, no nothing. That said, i can still test stuff out, so go nuts.

You're going to need to be specific though because, like I said, I'm a goddamn rookie at serious play levels.

I think mine should be easy to test out.
Can you see if there's any change to the Dark Phoenix costume to easily differentiate which one is which, or do all still look the same?
The same goes for Firebrand's super where he turns white, is there any indicator which Firebrand is which?

Jintor

Sorry, is this for if the Dark Phoenix's are on the field at the same time, or is it just with the different costume colours?

Sixfortyfive

Jintor said:
It's the TGS build, guys. No menus, no movelists, no nothing. That said, i can still test stuff out, so go nuts.

You're going to need to be specific though because, like I said, I'm a goddamn rookie at serious play levels.
Sent you a PM.

Jintor said:
Sorry, is this for if the Dark Phoenix's are on the field at the same time, or is it just with the different costume colours?
Yeah I'm pretty sure he's asking if it's easy to tell two DPs apart when they're on the field at the same time, or if it's still a firey mess.

Jintor

I'll have to keep figuring out a way to build enough meter to get two Dark Phoenix's on field at the same time. It's pretty tricky without test mode :T

Darkhadou

Neo Member
You put 2 Thors on Point, press D,D,D+H and hold H until his taunt builds 5 meters.

That's what we did at Eurogamer. Fastest way to build 5 meter =)

Jintor

Darkhadou said:
You put 2 Thors on Point, press D,D,D+H and hold H until his taunt builds 5 meters.

That's what we did at Eurogamer. Fastest way to build 5 meter =)

Thanks for the protip! I'll get to it.

Jintor

Looks like these timezones are going to be problematic. I have the debug for a while though so feel free to PM me whenever you guys and girls wake up. I'll do my best to keep you informed if you give me idiot-level instructions.

Also, if I'm ever in the city you're in, we have to go out and get drunk off our faces.

Zissou

Jintor, it might already be known, but can you time exactly how long each level of x-factor lasts to see if it's changed at all from vanilla?

Jintor

Becquerel said:
I think mine should be easy to test out.
Can you see if there's any change to the Dark Phoenix costume to easily differentiate which one is which, or do all still look the same?
The same goes for Firebrand's super where he turns white, is there any indicator which Firebrand is which?

Phoenix: The only difference I can make out between two Dark Phoenixes on the field at the same time is that one has a slightly lighter spandex costume. It's all shrouded in flames though so it'd be difficult to make out in an actual fight.

Firebrand: This one's a lot more obvious - the wings are a different colour, and I believe the light that is reflecting off their metalic arm bands is also a different colour. It's a little shaded but it's not too difficult to differentiate in battle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jintor, can you elaborate on Thor's new move? Apparently it's a version of Mighty Spark, but arcs and is done with QCF+S. How much damage, and how fast is it and useful-looking compared to the other mighty sparks?

Jintor

Zissou said:
Jintor, it might already be known, but can you time exactly how long each level of x-factor lasts to see if it's changed at all from vanilla?

3-man standing X-factor: Six seconds on the round timer.
2-man standing X-factor: Eight seconds on the round timer.
1-man standing X-factor: Eleven seconds on the round timer.

I've also just realised that this build does not have Vergil and Iron Fist in it. I've been gypped! It might still be a build behind the TGS build, so proceed with caution.

Sixfortyfive

Jintor said:
3-man standing X-factor: Six seconds on the round timer.
2-man standing X-factor: Eight seconds on the round timer.
1-man standing X-factor: Eleven seconds on the round timer.
This is roughly the same as the original, for reference.

Could you check damage boosts in different levels? Basically test level 3 hypers at different XF levels, see if it looks like there's a universal increase between characters, and try to give some kind of estimate of what that increase is.

I'd also like to know if there's still a cap on damage scaling in XF (50% in the original, IIRC), but if you don't have time to test this properly, then that's fine.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
With X-23 try and see if you can combo in the air with something like MM Dp.M Qcf.L Qcf M Hyper. Basically check if you can use her Crescent Scythe in proper combos now that she can cancel it. Or if it's a decent crossup to go Crescent Scythe to Talon Dive L when you do those seperately and cllse to an opponent.

Jintor

enzo_gt said:
Jintor, can you elaborate on Thor's new move? Apparently it's a version of Mighty Spark, but arcs and is done with QCF+S. How much damage, and how fast is it and useful-looking compared to the other mighty sparks?

I can't seem to activate this move. Did sephi confirm its existance or is there video? QCF+S just does the launcher. May be a different activation or have conditions for activation though.

Jintor

Nils said:
With X-23 try and see if you can combo in the air with something like MM Dp.M Qcf.L Qcf M Hyper. Basically check if you can use her Crescent Scythe in proper combos now that she can cancel it. Or if it's a decent crossup to go Crescent Scythe to Talon Dive L when you do those seperately and cllse to an opponent.

This is after two rounds, but it appears that her Crescent Scythe kicks the opponent out of range of everything but her Talon Dive H, even if you cancel out of Crescent Scythe.

Frantic

Just something that's a little more 'technical', but should be easy(if time consuming considering there is no training room) enough to do. Pick Wesker, and have him go up against Thor. Just walk up to him and go light, medium, heavy. Count how many reps it takes to kill him, and what hit he dies on(say, light, medium, or the first or second hit of heavy.). Then, do the same except do it in Level 1 X-Factor. After that, try it in Level 2 X-Factor, then finally in Level 3 X-Factor. Be sure to do it all on a full health Thor.

Feel free to try it on multiple characters if you feel like it. Basically, I want to see if Wesker's damage has been decreased any, and even if they have, we can get a decent approximate of how much of a damage increase X-Factor gives.

For reference, in vanilla it takes Wesker 7 reps with no X-Factor, 5 reps plus one standing light in XF1, 4 reps plus one standing light in XF2, 3 reps and a standing light + standing medium combo. I also checked it out with damage set to 'High', just in case Thor ends up dying BEFORE the above. 5 reps plus one standing light with no X-Factor, 4 reps plus one standing light in XF1, 3 reps plus one standing light in XF2, 2 reps plus one standing light, one standing medium, and then dying on the first hit of standing H.

I know this won't exactly figure all the changes in X-Factor, but it'll at least give a rough estimate as to the boosts if Wesker's damage seems the same overall(I highly doubt they've lowered Thor's health any, and I don't really see them lowering Wesker's over all damage, but who knows). If you don't want to take the time to do it, that's fine too - I know that doing this in a preview build like this could be a very time consuming ordeal. It's a shame it doesn't have a training mode. :(

I'll be heading to bed, so I won't be able to follow up on this post for a while. If anyone wants to add some extra character references, feel free.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Jintor said:
This is after two rounds, but it appears that her Crescent Scythe kicks the opponent out of range of everything but her Talon Dive H, even if you cancel out of Crescent Scythe.

Dammit, I was fearing that would be the case. Thanks for checking. What I meant with the crossup thing was, intentionally whiffing the Crescent Scythe than canceling at the the height of it and diving over the opponent's head at a potentially ambiguous angle. That may work but I have no clue how good that would actually be.

Sixfortyfive said:
This is roughly the same as the original, for reference.

That's wrong, original was:

Lvl 1 X-factor: 8 seconds on the round timer.
Lvl 2 X-factor: 12 seconds on the round timer.
Lvl 3 X-factor: 14 seconds on the round timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom