• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We seem to have a new group of juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costanza

Banned
MESSAGE TO ALL JUNIORS:

One thing to consider - 99.9% of the time you find something interesting, it's already posted here on GAF.

So, please, learn to use the search function. I keep seeing day or two old news posted in random threads on the gaming side especially.

dumbass_

Banned
Kletian said:
The ones who make an effort to make themselves known (junior or vet alike) are usually the first to be ignored.

It's usually the ones who gradually get into the swing of things, posting intelligently along the way that start to become well know and valued posters.

/Dude this is NeoGAF GIF

Angeles said:
/Dude this is NeoGAF GIF
I can't seem to find the actual GIF anywhere... it's the one where the black dude in the toque makes a "O RLY" face, and was in the Ps3 mightnight launch lineup were his bros were getting interviewed by Luke Smith for the 1up show. "This is NeoGAF dude".

Smash_Bros_is_Awesome said:
D'oh! OK, fixed now. Thanks!

you have a horrible fuckin username junior....I got my eye on you

svl02f.jpg

Kletian said:
The ones who make an effort to make themselves known (junior or vet alike) are usually the first to be ignored.

It's usually the ones who gradually get into the swing of things, posting intelligently along the way that start to become well know and valued posters.

I guess I'm neither, cause as long as I'm not doing anything ban worthy, I couldn't care less about my perceived value either way.

G.O.O.

DKnight said:
And you think that's a good thing?
Why wouldn't it ? (real question)

So to the juniors, share about yourself...What gaming, if any, related stuff are you all into? Considering this is primarily a gaming website.
Wii, 360, PS...2. Used to be a N-fanboy, discovering new worlds and stuff. Believe that "less is more", so expecting more from his wii than for his 360. Still loves a few 360 games (Crackdown, Braid). Huge sucker for grasshopper manufacture games. Not into console wars (any more).

Junior-Age, welcome. Enjoy your stay, but don't make the mistake of believing you need to try and make yourself known.
Talking here with people i watched for a while is pleasant, it's like "so, we finally meet". I don't know if i'll post that much after that (I will post, but i'm not here to be known or anything - just, you know, sharing opinions and having fun).

So, please, learn to use the search function. I keep seeing day or two old news posted in random threads on the gaming side especially.
We see it when we can't post, too :D

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
let's train them right:

- no animated gifs
- no FHUTA
- no posts consisting of ':lol' and ':lol' alone
- no puns

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
G.O.O. said:
Why wouldn't it ? (real question)
Chances are you're going to be remembered for the bad, not the good. When that builds up, BAM! you're banned. Gotta cycle your avatar, when you're tagless you'll be like a new member.

G.O.O.

DKnight said:
Chances are you're going to be remembered for the bad, not the good. When that builds up, BAM! you're banned. Gotta cycle your avatar, when you're tagless you'll be like a new member.
Got it.

But i don't think i'm as provocative as the average GAF member - well, at least for now, maybe it'll be different after a while and your advice become helpful - and talking with people who recognize you and know your tastes is more easy. That's what i meant.

G.O.O. said:
Got it.

But i don't think i'm as provocative as the average GAF member - well, at least for now, maybe it'll be different after a while and your advice become helpful - and talking with people who recognize you and know your tastes is more easy. That's what i meant.
I think the good outweighs the bad.

neoism

bluescreenoflife said:
I can't seem to find the actual GIF anywhere... it's the one where the black dude in the toque makes a "O RLY" face, and was in the Ps3 mightnight launch lineup were his bros were getting interviewed by Luke Smith for the 1up show. "This is NeoGAF dude".
http://www.freewebs.com/neogaf/index.htm
mattiewheels said:
let's train them right:

- no animated gifs
- no FHUTA
- no posts consisting of ':lol' and ':lol' alone
- no puns
:lol

rnwd

Banned
Costanza said:
MESSAGE TO ALL JUNIORS:

One thing to consider - 99.9% of the time you find something interesting, it's already posted here on GAF.

A better tip would be to use Google as that search engine :p

HUELEN10

1. Do NOT flame. This will lead you nowhere, except to band camp.
2. When making an official thread, make sure that no one else has expressed interest prior. Making a thread, while someone else has been working hard on it is a pretty dick move.
3. Do NOT fish for a tag. If you post something awesome or fail you will get one, so take that as you will, and go about GAf normally.
4. GIFs are awesome, but use only when appropriate.
5. If some one is giving you a hard time or getting on your case, ignore them. NEVER feed a troll on GAF.
6. The archive is a great place to learn about what makes GAF, well GAF!
7. Treat the mods right, and they'll treat you right. I am not saying to suck up, DON'T do that!
8. Please don't post scary insects pictures, half of us hate you for doing so. ;)
9. Keep your avatar in check! You do not want to lose your privileges, do you?
10. If you have questions, ask a friend on GAF or LURK MOAR! Do not badger the mods!

EDIT: 11. Do NOT making stupid spelling mistakes like me!

Has anyone got a copy of the book "Deleting Posts on NeoGAF: A how to for junior nubs"..

I'm looking for some information from it. Mainly the part where it gives you instructions on how to delete a post.

I tried searching for it, but some body has borrowed it and not returned it.

Parham

Banned
Dastardly Jerks said:
Has anyone got a copy of the book "Deleting Posts on NeoGAF: A how to for junior nubs"..

I'm looking for some information from it. Mainly the part where it gives you instructions on how to delete a post.

You can't.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Dastardly Jerks said:

You can't.

Damn, beaten! :( I guess it's fair since I beat you last time in regards to another question. We're even, azentium!

YakiSOBA

Hello Juniors, I am YakiSOBA... also known as the supreme pulsating God of Anal.

You may be disgusted now, but I assure you that in a few months the words FHUTA, Canal Skating, Chocolate Starfish, Dook Shoot and more will be part of your daily vocabulary.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Mods here are actually pretty lax so long as you don't say anything profoundly stupid or offensive. Just common sense what you shouldn't say, its like some folks go out of their way to get banned around here.

HUELEN10

RadioHeadAche said:
:lol Oh dear
6ksyjxs.gif

YakiSOBA said:
Hello Juniors, I am YakiSOBA... also known as the supreme pulsating God of Anal.

You may be disgusted now, but I assure you that in a few months the words FHUTA, Canal Skating, Chocolate Starfish, Dook Shoot and more will be part of your daily vocabulary.
NOT if you don't go to the OT. This is why I personally recommend you start off in the gaming forum, get to know the gaming regulars and gaming-side memes and whatnot.

Not saying OT is bad mind you.

HUELEN10

Oh, one more thing. If there is gaming news that is just awesome and new, and you feel like you NEED to post a GIF, this is a good GIF to use. It is honestly well-liked in gaming side.
6f81e7n.gif

Use GIFs only when appropriate though.

Max

I am not Max
HUELEN10 said:
1. Do NOT flame. This will lead you nowhere, except to band camp.
2. When making an official thread, make sure that no one else has expressed interest prior. Making a thread, while someone else has been working hard on it is a pretty dick move.
3. Do NOT fish for a tag. If you post something awesome or fail you will get one, so take that as you will, and go about GAf normally.
4. GIFs are awesome, but use only when appropriate.
5. If some one is giving you a hard time or getting on your case, ignore them. NEVER feed a troll on GAF.
6. The archive is a great place to learn about what makes GAF, well GAF!
7. Treat the mods right, and they'll treat you right. I am not saying to suck up, DON'T do that!
8. Please don't post scary insects pictures, half of us hate you for doing so. ;)
9. Keep your avatar in check! You do not want to lose your privileges, do you?
10. If you have questions, ask a friend on GAF or LURK MOAR! Do not badger the mods!

EDIT: 11. Do NOT making stupid spelling mistakes like me!
Thanks for this list

And #8 should be #1

Blader

Dastardly Jerks said:

Ask Baconbitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom