• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Questions about Wolverines regenerative ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullen

Quadrophenic said:
Deadpool has been nothing but a cheap imitation of himself since Joe Kelly's run ended in the Deadpool comics (I think issues 1-36?). The Cable/Deadpool stuff has been an improvement over the later issues (36+) of the Deadpool comic, but still nowhere near as good as that Kelly run.

(I might be a tad jaded though, as Deadpool was constantly in danger of being cancelled for the first 36 issues, and since then has become more and more popular =( )

Hm, I guess I can see where you are coming from. I think most of the reason I enjoy the Cable & Deadpool run is because of just that, the fact that is is Cable & Deadpool. I really love the interactions they have with each other, and have ever since the first few issues (Deadpool: "Well, blow my mind!" Cable: "Okay" *does it*) It has just been consistently funny in my opinion, and the story lines have always been interesting enough to keep me hooked in addition to the comedy.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Just to nitpick... The Wolverene decapitation reccomendation in Xavier's files was in reference to adamantuim free Wolvie. It said something like "With his new accelerated healing factor, the only way to insure he stays dead is to decapitate him." He was not reccommending that while Wolvie's bones were augmented tho.

I will also concede that it has been years and years since I read that original Kelly run on Deadpool (and apparently the only tradepaperbacks of that run are long out of print), so it is possible my perception of those comics is clouded by nostalgia. If I read them now I might hold them to the same opinion I hold Cable/Deadpool.

edit: and since people were throwing around there favorite Wolverine costumes a while back, my favorite by far was his orange and brown costume. That thing was awesome. Fuck that blue and yellow shit.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
wolverine-bone.jpg

He almost killed Gambit before

Iceman however could just freeze Wolvie then shatter him.

TheWolf

Banned
Freshmaker said:
Just to nitpick... The Wolverene decapitation reccomendation in Xavier's files was in reference to adamantuim free Wolvie. It said something like "With his new accelerated healing factor, the only way to insure he stays dead is to decapitate him." He was not reccommending that while Wolvie's bones were augmented tho.

yeah, adimantium is toxic and poisons his body, so when it was removed all his powers were increased, and his look was more feral.

Matlock

Banned
TheWolf said:
Iceman is one of the most powerful mutants in the universe.

at one point, it was mentioned he could freeze the entire world if need be. also, he's pretty much invincible in ice form as long as there is some form of water around--the elemental mutants as a whole are just so fucking powerful. magneto, for example could theoretically spin the world backwards if he wanted. hell, I wouldn't discount his ability to beat superman if need be.

tenchir

FlameOfCallandor said:

You probably don't know this, but Iceman is considered an "Alpha Level Mutant," meaning he has the potential for total control over one aspect of the Universe(Ice). I think Jean Grey was also considered to be an Alpha Level Mutant because of the Phoenix Force(which givs her virtually unlimited pyshic power).

Also, in Ultimate X-Men, Wolverine hadn't screw Jean Grey yet. They were about to, until Wolverine had to open his big mouth about how he left Cyclops to die in a cave.

TheWolf

Banned
tenchir said:
You probably don't know this, but Iceman is considered an "Alpha Level Mutant," meaning he has the potential for total control over one aspect of the Universe(Ice). I think Jean Grey was also considered to be an Alpha Level Mutant because of the Phoenix Force(which givs her virtually unlimited pyshic power).

Also, in Ultimate X-Men, Wolverine hadn't screw Jean Grey yet. They were about to, until Wolverine had to open his big mouth about how he left Cyclops to die in a cave.

it's Omega level.

and I'm pretty sure he fucked her while in DC or something, before Magneto's attack.

Man, Marvel Zombies seems like the most awesome comic to come out in a long time. Is it as hilarious and entertaining as the few panels posted on the net?

Matlock

Banned
Manick Joe said:
Man, Marvel Zombies seems like the most awesome comic to come out in a long time. Is it as hilarious and entertaining as the few panels posted on the net?

yes

at one point, spider-man and luke cage start playing go fish

karasu

I love Batman, but he's the most overrated character ever. He's suppossed to be powerless, yet somehow he's suppossed to be able to beat anyone. It's retarded. He's become Deus Ex Machina, and it sucks. There's nothing dumber than watching him punch Superman in the Jaw or use Judo on him. Jesus Christ. I wonder if he'd do that to Mongul, Doomsday, or Darkseid. :roll For crying out loud, if he even punched Wolverine in the face his hand would break.

Shouta

tenchir said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-level_mutant

That's a list of Omega-Level mutants although I don't know how accurate the listing is.

Batman is the shit because no matter what any other superhero or villian's superpower is, Batman can just have Alfred whip him up an "anti-that particular power" spray. Batman wins. Always.

demon said:
What do you mean he became "more wild"?
MAD! that's what. ugh.
karasu said:
Wouldn't his body just grow a new head? Like the Guyver unit. Though you couldn't really decapitate him, thanks to the adamantium.
The adamantium's grafted to his bones and that's it. If he's cut in between his spinal discs or get's his limbs torso pulled apart. I'm guessing the snow somehow helps him stay stable from that torso tear.
FlameOfCallandor said:
Yea but galactus is the universe.
Ghostrider owning Galactus on the Fantastic Four cartoon show kicked ass. Richard Grieco's greatest role ever.
BobbyRobby said:
Wolverine had his heart ripped out and killed. But then a drop of his blood fell on some magic crystal and regenerated his entire body from it. If that crystal wasn't there though, he would have died.
That's so stupid, was that written recently?

BobbyRobby said:
With the Ultimate Nullifier.
He can also just starve to death. In Earth X, The Fantastic Four kid turned him into a star.

Wolverine had his heart ripped out and killed. But then a drop of his blood fell on some magic crystal and regenerated his entire body from it. If that crystal wasn't there though, he would have died.

FlameOfCallandor said:
What's so great about Iron Man, hes just a tin can that flys around.

he's a drunk.

BlueTsunami said:
Also, how does one defeat Galactus...does he have sometype of fatal weakness?

With the Ultimate Nullifier.

That's so stupid, was that written recently?

Late 80s. Uncanny X-Men Annual #11

X-Men Forever miniseries did not happen. It was retconned or totally dismissed so what was said about Iceman's potential is all lies.

ToxicAdam

xmen142l39.jpg

Ahh... what a great issue. I still own it.

I also have the first Wolverine miniseries, which goes into detail about his past in Japan. Wolverine kicking samauri ass all over Japan is great.

Ponn

Banned
pfft..Wolverine is always getting his ass kicked in the comics. Sabretooth is always smacking him around like a little bitch.

Spike Spiegel said:
Obviously claws aren't the only bone to extrude from his body :lol

Matlock said:

galactus is a punk bitch
I was gonna ask WTF is up with all the heroes and why are they eating Galactus but its already been answered.

When did they do a Marvel zombie series?
and as far as comedic comics go, did anybody ever read X-factor :)lol Multiple man & Strong Guy :lol)

I haven't kept up with comics in atleast 8-10 years, which is why I'm loving all the comic --> to movie projects going on (except for DD and Elecktra). Most of them aren't perfect but its something that I've been waitin to see for far too many years.

p.s.
Superman is a bitch and Batman wouldn't stand a chance against Wolverine. Bats vs. Spidey would be much better matched

If you had a character that could heal from almost any wound, wouldn't you want him to get roughed up? If I were him, I wouldn't find much purpose in blocking most attacks either. Someone else that used to get their ass really kicked when they started out was Spider-Man.
Also, why is Jubilee wearing a Robin-type mask?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I will not tolerate Deadpool hate! I love how much focus he gets in many of the current Cable/Deadpool stories.

Jacobi

Banned
Batman's weakness :
SmartBombStudios-justice.jpg

I love the Ultimate universe. Wolverine rocks and Iron Man rocks ! He is so badass in Ultimates 2...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
BrandNew said:
Dudes this is four pages long now.

I love this thread. Its like the ultimate comic geek Q&A. Keep on truckin'

I always thought a bullet through the eye-socket would pretty much kill him, especially if it hit the brain stem. Dont forget that the bullet would likely ricochet around inside or break into fragments because of the inpenetrable skull. Doubly so if you used a hvy mg round or light autocannon (something that could still fit into the eye socket) like a 20mm incendiary or HE round.

Lakedaimon said:
I always thought a bullet through the eye-socket would pretty much kill him, especially if it hit the brain stem. Dont forget that the bullet would likely ricochet around inside or break into fragments because of the inpenetrable skull. Doubly so if you used a hvy mg round or light autocannon (something that could still fit into the eye socket) like a 20mm incendiary or HE round.

Yeah...that sounds like it would do it.

MrOctober

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Ahhh ok

If the cover of the book is any indication of what the artwork looks like inside..i'll be picking it up

Found this pic off of Google. Looks like the cover artwork

Get Origin. It's amazing.

MrOctober said:
Get Origin. It's amazing.

...and you can buy my original full run of th emini-series! All issue #1-6 in mint-near mint condition!

$50 shipped priority, WAY UNDER BOOK! PM me for details!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
are the above pictures a realistic representation of the art in Origins? if so, I'm all over that!

Brobzoid said:
are the above pictures a realistic representation of the art in Origins? if so, I'm all over that!

Yes it really is beautiful work. It's not inked at all. It's pencils and then digitally painted. Some really nice stuff.

So what are you waiting on? Buy my set of first printings!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Outcast2004 said:
Yes it really is beautiful work. It's not inked at all. It's pencils and then digitally painted. Some really nice stuff.

So what are you waiting on? Buy my set of first printings!

:lol I'm not hardcore enough to care about the first print ect... But I would like to marvel at that artwork...

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Wiki said:
In the mid-1990s, when Forge monitored Wolverine's vitals during a Danger Room training session, he reported Logan's physical and mental state as "equivalent to an Olympic-level gymnast performing a Gold-medal-winning routine whilst simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head", which gives something of an idea of the level of sophistication and tactical processing Logan is capable of utilizing while in combat.

:D:D:D

Shawn128

How the hell did this thread manage to get to this size? I'm pretty sure the original question was answered a bunch of posts back :lol

Lakedaimon said:
If Sabertooth can survive three claws to the brain, then wolverine would heal from a bullet to the brains, probably be amnesia-tic afterwards, though.

Nos_G

I hope someone can answer this question... but why did wolvie change colors on his costume?

I really liked the brown/yellow one compared to the current one.

wolverine18.jpg

vs

wolverine.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom