• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to announce end of DACA, six month delay before enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been pretty on edge this whole weekend because of this. Now it seems this might actually be happening. All that hard work, man. I don't think i've ever felt this low in my entire life.

Not sure whether I'm more disgusted with Trump or with the half of the country that didn't bother voting last year. I hope people finally realize that the "lesser of two evils" is still better than defaulting to the worst possible option. It's a shame these innocent people are the ones who are going to suffer for it though.

They were so bored.

Already told some friends of mine to seek out an immigration lawyer. Now I gotta call my republican dirtbag of a Senator's office.

Congress better come through.

Pizza

I'm putting all my faith in he FBI and our federal government as an institution. The congressmen and senators doing nothing to argue against this don't deserve their jobs.

If trump is a money-embezzling traitor, would all of his actions as president still be valid? No one, if/when he gets bagged, could reasonably take the podium and rationalize why chopping out funds from, or just outright killing, tons of important institutions, laws, and programs is a good idea. SURELY this can be undone with a wave of the "this man is a traitor to foreign destabilization efforts" wand

Please

shiba5

There are hints from those "in the know" that there is something big coming next week. Trump's does love bullying people when shit is about to hit the fan.

Ishan

so whats stopping congress from passing this ?

I get the sense many republicans want this but were against it cause it was done by obama without their input. So now they have the chance to pass it in congress when trump repeals it? So things should work out right?

Or are ppl not willing to pass this in congress?

(How many dems are for it? If the majority is cant a few republicans be enough to get this made into law? That way ppl get the dreamers protection and also the ppl complaining about the legality of obama doing it unilaterally will be satisfied?)

Darknight

Horrible.

Any Gaffers that are under DACA, seek immigration lawyers ASAP.

Best of luck.

Yes it seems we will need to lawyer up AGAIN. (My family has wasted god knows how many thousands already on legal fees)

Sucks that we got out there to work and show America we are honest people just trying to get by and then this asshole pulls the rug on us.

I am not shocked but to know that in we are in limbo once again and in danger with this administration. Its been shitty these last few months to now that is turning into fear of my well being. JFC. :(

Mr.Mike

I get the sense many republicans want this but were against it cause it was done by obama without their input. So now they have the chance to pass it in congress when trump repeals it? So things should work out right?

will this pass Congress though

DACA was established with an executive order. Trump can undo it by himself.

JB1981

So Trump will end it unilaterally but Republicans will take the issue up in Congress and pass a bill to keep DACA?

Crocodile

The only reason DACA exists as is and isn't a law is because punk ass GOPers just wanted to stick it to Obama and were too afraid of their own base to pass good, moral immigration laws years ago. They better get off their asses and do something now that Trump has put the fire on them. Also good job Trump on just putting more shit on Congress' plate. I'm sure the GOP in there want to deal with this as they "figure out tax reform".

When are people gonna realise that's he's not gonna get impeached for failures of moral character? You need to catch him, and not his cronies, on something actually illegal.

Oh and also the GOP controls both chambers o the legislative

Impeachment doesn't require you to do anything illegal. It's an entirely political process. Of course when the GOP controls Congress, being a racist, unstable POS won't be good enough to get impeached :/

Yes it seems we will need to lawyer up AGAIN. (My family has wasted god knows how many thousands already on legal fees)

Sucks that we got out there to work and show America we are honest people just trying to get by and then this asshole pulls the rug on us.

I am not shocked but to know that in we are in limbo once again and in danger with this administration. Its been shitty these last few months to now that is turning into fear of my well being. JFC. :(

I think the first thing you guys should do is move out of the current residence, and even the state. There is high likelihood that they will use the data gathered from the DACA applications against you.

Don't believe for one second the GOP will do anything about this.

They'll do nothing and say "trump took action nothing we can do". Definitively overriding Trump like this would cause more backlash then letting Trump trash it

Barzul

(How many dems are for it? If the majority is cant a few republicans be enough to get this made into law? That way ppl get the dreamers protection and also the ppl complaining about the legality of obama doing it unilaterally will be satisfied?)
They became the party of white fragility. Seriously, this is such a no brainer peace of legislation that should have broad bipartisan support. Ok Congress creates law not the executive, the GOP says? Now they hold both houses, fucking act. Playing political football with peoples lives is vomit inducing.

Jzero

(

Honestly you're just wasting your money, it's not like they're going to prevent anything from happening to you. That's why I always do the paperwork for anything myself.

devilhawk

So Trump will end it unilaterally but Republicans will take the issue up in Congress and pass a bill to keep DACA?
That's the hope. (That the senate will pass similar legislation)

DACA was never on the most stable grounds both in how it implemented by a tenuously legal executive order or in that it requires successive permits with no provided guarantee of receiving the next one.

Trouble

Banned
Fucking asshole. He's gonna just deflect blame to Congress because he knows the Republican leadership are incapable of getting their shit together enough to pass anything immigration related.

WaterAstro

just crazy, Trump said he will undo everything Obama did, he really is doing it and people voted for him

what on earth is going on

Trump's ego.

When senate can't get rid of Obamacare, Trump has to do something he can change no matter how bad it is.

Ponn

Banned
If they thought people were angry before...

It's gonna be a bad time for many Republican politicians if they co-sign this, bet on it.

I've heard these exact words so many times now.

Liberals and Dems need to stop acting like the GOP think or care about the same things we do. The people that are going to be marching and angry over this are not their base and they know it.

Velcro Fly

All these GOP coming out beforehand saying it would be a bad idea to scrap or scale this back need to put their money where their mouth is and get legislation fucking done. No excuses.

mlclmtckr

Banned
While I can see the racism element, if Trump does want to Copy Germany and Australia, 800,000 mainly unskilled workers endlessly getting renewed every 2 years on work permits is a huge issue.

I know people will reply "but they are doing jobs normal people wouldnt do", no thats exactly why Aus and Germany have these short term permits.

just curious but what "normal people" thing do you do for a living

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
This is fucking evil, so many good people are about to have their flushed down the drain, people who could actually make a difference. It's not their fault they were dragged into the US.

All these GOP coming out beforehand saying it would be a bad idea to scrap or scale this back need to put their money where their mouth is and get legislation fucking done. No excuses.

They'll just make a tweet about being angry over it and nothing will happen
Then the Democratic party will grandstand about it, but do nothing

Fuck them both

Fuck them both

You do realize the GOP has absolute control, right? Right now only thing that can be done by Dems is obstruct government until they do something.

Stealth "both sides" rant?

No, not at all

You do realize the GOP has absolute control, right? Right now only thing that can be done by Dems is obstruct government until they do something.

They literally can't do anything

Yes, the GOP has absolute control but a lot of them have said things publicly in tweets, meetings, etc and continue to stand by. Dems can't do much now, but they are not doing shit for 2018 or giving a lot of people confidence in the party.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Fuck them both

"That guy was thrown from a plane without a parachute but fuck him for not being able to overcome gravity."

Jzero

will they just deport people? will they allow them to prepare? can't believe this is happening

Time to prepare is now. When someone gets deported they don't get time to prepare, they don't even get to take their belongings with them.

Darknight

While I can see the racism element, if Trump does want to Copy Germany and Australia, 800,000 mainly unskilled workers endlessly getting renewed every 2 years on work permits is a huge issue.

I know people will reply "but they are doing jobs normal people wouldnt do", no thats exactly why Aus and Germany have these short term permits.

Im gonna be nice in responds to your post but what you just said about us is very ignorant.

These ~800,000 persons have grown up here and range from teachers to IT personnel, managers, small business owners, students. etc etc. With DACA we all came out of the shadows and allowed us to get ahead in life while contributing to this nation.

We aren't a bunch of "unskilled workers" who you make to sound like a burden to this country. Like someone posted, we are a net positive. Removing us from the economy will be a negative for this country, that is one of the reasons people are against this move. (besides the fact we know are targets....think of all the type of classes I listed and ask...why go and mess up their lives? We literally are everything you could ask for a stand up citizen without being one)

Giolon

We spent all that taxpayer money educating and preparing these people to be contributing members of society, why reap the benefits of that now when we could just send them back to wherever they came from and let other countries's economies benefit from their education and skills?

Maengun1

No, not at all

Yes, the GOP has absolute control but a lot of them have said things publicly in tweets, meetings, etc and continue to stand by. Dems can't do much now, but they are not doing shit for 2018 or giving a lot of people confidence in the party.

So are you gonna not vote in 2018 or vote for someone other than dems, and then complain more about the dems not doing anything after that

No, not at all

This is such a dumb fucking take to make given everything going on in 2017. I mean, if someone after all of this still is like "hurr durr Dems suck too" then there is no hope and no point in even trying to discuss further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom