• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 In-Game Screenshot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojovonio

Banned
Stinkles said:
That encounter has one of my funniest ever moments. I got killed on the ledge and as I lay in deadcam, a suicide-grunt clambered up to get me, both plasmas activated.

He looked really sad to find I was already dead, since it was too late for him to change his mind...

how do you lower your gun?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
This thread rocks. Keep 'em coming, guys.

KevinRo

Manp said:
glad to see they fixed that since the beta... oh wait

i'm pretty sure that happened because of the video mode code when they take the code of the position of your body in-game and re-create it using the engine. oh and if you ever use the theater mode and pause at anytime you can see the shadows have to catch up.

halo3statue377_screen.jpg

Done at Harvard by MIT pranksters.

JoeMartin

Bu bu... Halo 3 isn't allowed to look that good! Because... becau... THEY ADDED AA BULLSHOTS GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On a side note, this picture is full of win and awesome, so I'm requoting. Well done Baker.

halo3.jpg

giga

JoeMartin said:
Bu bu... Halo 3 isn't allowed to look that good! Because... becau... THEY ADDED AA BULLSHOTS GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On a side note, this picture is full of win and awesome, so I'm requoting. Well done Baker.

[im]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/webmonkeybaker/halo3.jpg[/img]
I'll say it right now--that's how it looks on my screen. I don't notice aliasing when I'm going through campaign as I'm actually moving and not sitting still looking at the edges of a leaf.

So yeah, it looks that good.

East Lake

plagiarize said:
^ my favourite shot so far.

just so much going on in that, and great composition.
Thanks, brute chopper just plowed right into me.

MC and a suicide grunt.

1443336021_fda123ad92_o.jpg

1444199748_130c6d6b7e_o.jpg

I'm going to have to play another campaign level soon for some more pics.

rumsey

Psychotext said:
People need to look at the pics of the TV. Halo 3 really does look stunning in places, extra screenshot AA or not.

Don't worry - people have looked, people have played, and people already know. Some people like karasu like living in denial, but if he has deeply rooted psychological problems that prohibit him from staying in touch with reality or drive him towards conflict with his peers, it really can't be helped.

karasu

rumsey said:
Don't worry - people have looked, people have played, and people already know. Some people like karasu like living in denial, but if he has deeply rooted psychological problems that prohibit him from staying in touch with reality or drive him towards conflict with his peers, it really can't be helped.

I see. The arguments in this thread have went from 'this thread isn't about how the game actually looks when you play it' to 'this is exactly how the game looks when you play it!'.

rumsey

karasu said:
I see. The arguments in this thread have went from 'this thread isn't about how the game actually looks when you play it' to 'this is exactly how the game looks when you play it!'.

Actually I think it went from "Hey let's check out these neat pictures" to "Meh, the game doesn't look like this." I'm not exactly sure when it happened but its clear we have you to thank for the transation. We salute!

eso76

camineet said:
remember this pre-rendered CG image ?
BrigadeDamaged-1600wide.jpg

I could see that being possible in realtime on the next Xbox, no problem.

i could see that being possible in realtime THIS generation. not same res, not as much aa, but frankly i think the game could have looked a lot like this.

Uhhhhh, I'm afraid to ask this question simply because I'll be mocked but I've been fooling around with Theater mode for what seems like AGES and I still have yet to figure out how to actually take the damn photo! What the hell?? What button is it?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Incognito said:
Uhhhhh, I'm afraid to ask this question simply because I'll be mocked but I've been fooling around with Theater mode for what seems like AGES and I still have yet to figure out how to actually take the damn photo! What the hell?? What button is it?

Press X, use d-pad to move left to camera icon. Press A.

Bam.

BigFwoosh

Incognito said:
If you hit X the menu bar will pop up with the play, rewind, etc buttons. One of those buttons has a camera on it, hit it to take your screenshot.

Edit: Beaten by Bungie itself!

rumsey

Stinkles said:
Press X, use d-pad to move left to camera icon. Press A.

Bam.

Goody, now explain why I haven't been able to record any clips yet and why fast forward and rewind don't work on this mini-toolbar that X brings up. Do these only work in match making replays and not Campaign?

rumsey said:
Goody, now explain why I haven't been able to record any clips yet and why fast forward and rewind don't work on this mini-toolbar that X brings up. Do these only work in match making replays and not Campaign?
bingo... though you can fast forward using the R trigger in campaign (and slow motion if you only hold it in a little bit).

besada

Banned
karasu said:

Maybe if certain trolls would GTFO we could go back to screenshots. Do you happen to have the game? If not, why are you in this thread? Can't read?

Guys really , really cool thread ! I'm not a Halo fan and I am loving these pictures. Some of you have a real eye for this crap.

PS : The trolling is depressing and slightly pathetic.

relaxor

what?
FLUXCapacitor said:
Here is my first attempt at taking some screenshots.

118792-Full.jpg

118739-Full.jpg

118776-Full.jpg
These shots are great. I like the last one especially.
Oh and to the people arguing about graphics, fair enough. I think the game looks perfect. I don't think they're anything too amazing, they look like Halo, but they look Perfect. Sort of like Super Mario Galaxy.

besada

Banned
Couple more from me, both from a match with MMarsu, cjelly, and other Gaffers. And no, cjelly, I didn't include the shot of me betraying you.

Transfixed:

dokufd.jpg

"Sir, there appears to be a rocket lodged in your neck"

4r93m9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom