• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake, Wayne, Kanye, and Eminem on one track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjberri

Crotchety Old Man
Dr. Strangelove said:
An exquisite work of visionary excellence by one of history's greatest composers.
With the memorable poetry of the chorus establishing itself in the annals of time.

"JUST LOSE IT!
AAAH AAH AAH AAH AAAAH!"

Kastro

Banned
PhoenixRising said:
That song's decent but it's by no means Em's best work.

I'm an Em fan and even I think his latest stuff has been pretty poor. The Em verse in this song is the first time in a long time that Em's been close to his best. I just don't understand why he gave us Relapse when he can still do that.

you probably listened to relapse once and joined in with the rest of the sheep

Kastro said:

Right, so everyone is wrong whereas you are correct... Relapse is nowhere near his best work. Hopefully, Relapse 2 can rectify that.

Kastro

Banned
PhoenixRising said:
Right, so everyone is wrong whereas you are correct... Relapse is nowhere near his best work. Hopefully, Relapse 2 can rectify that.

where did I say it was?

"not their best work" seems to be your argument for everything. is something only worth listening to if it is? that's pretty limited taste in music.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Kastro said:
UGK has one good album, that's it. Hardly "one of the best rap duos of all time".
Which album is their "good album," per se? They have a couple of weak albums, but even those have several killer tracks on them. There's more good songs on UGK 4 Life, easily their weakest album, than Eminem has put out this decade. If you can't recognize them as one of the best rap duos of all time, you're completely deluded.

LOL you're a clown thinking Pimp C has any place near Eminem, one of the best rappers of all time. He's been co-signed by Rakim. Pimp C was just an inspiration for a bunch of shitty southern artists that are embarrassing rap nowadays.
Eminem is technically a great MC, top 5 all time. But his content has been completely watered down for this entire decade. He hasn't put out a great album in 10 years. At that point he let his MTV-aimed filler take over, and decided to waste all his skills on "mercing" Mariah Carey and the Olsen Twins. Oh boy.

Pimp C has been cosigned by pretty much the entire south, and basically everyone (apparently, except for you!) has nothing but respect for UGK. For 20 years they put out the music they wanted to. When they started, rap wasn't respected in the South. And obviously, you still don't respect it. You don't have to like it, but UGK helped put the South on the map. If you don't like rap about sipping lean and wood grain wheels, then don't listen to UGK. You don't have to like it, but don't come in here saying that "people only care about Pimp because he died" and that UGK put out one good album. That's just ignorant.

I'm from way up north and I love the hell out of the south. Hell, dude, Rich Boy has put out more fire on mixtapes in the last year than Eminem has put out this decade. Just because southern rap doesn't appeal to your sensibilities doesn't make it garbage. GUCCI!

Kastro said:
where did I say it was?

"not their best work" seems to be your argument for everything. is something only worth listening to if it is? that's pretty limited taste in music.

Kastro said:

Most people don't really rate Relapse and seeing as you just called those people sheep, you are pretty much saying that everyone is wrong (sheep) and you are right (non sheep).

Why the fuck are you being so defensive for anyway? You're taking everything so personally. Did you ghost write Relapse or something?

When did I ever say that it's not worth listening to? I only said Relapse was not his best work. I still listen to it. Learn to read dude.

Kastro

Banned
Lambtron said:
Which album is their "good album," per se? They have a couple of weak albums, but even those have several killer tracks on them. There's more good songs on UGK 4 Life, easily their weakest album, than Eminem has put out this decade. If you can't recognize them as one of the best rap duos of all time, you're completely deluded.

Eminem is technically a great MC, top 5 all time. But his content has been completely watered down for this entire decade. He hasn't put out a great album in 10 years. At that point he let his MTV-aimed filler take over, and decided to waste all his skills on "mercing" Mariah Carey and the Olsen Twins. Oh boy.

Pimp C has been cosigned by pretty much the entire south, and basically everyone (apparently, except for you!) has nothing but respect for UGK. For 20 years they put out the music they wanted to. When they started, rap wasn't respected in the South. And obviously, you still don't respect it. You don't have to like it, but UGK helped put the South on the map. If you don't like rap about sipping lean and wood grain wheels, then don't listen to UGK. You don't have to like it, but don't come in here saying that "people only care about Pimp because he died" and that UGK put out one good album. That's just ignorant.

I'm from way up north and I love the hell out of the south. Hell, dude, Rich Boy has put out more fire on mixtapes in the last year than Eminem has put out this decade. Just because southern rap doesn't appeal to your sensibilities doesn't make it garbage. GUCCI!

Rich Boy? It's clear you have shit taste in hip hop so I'm not even going to waste my time. Also you seem to have heard nothing from Eminem besides his singles you've seen on MTV.

Your idea of quality hip hop seems to be based on whether something is a "banger".

UGK's only good album is Ridin' Dirty, the rest is entirely forgettable.

Also lol @ glorifying "sipping lean" when it's what caused Pimp C's death.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Well that was certainly a well thought out response to the points I clearly laid out.

Kastro said:
Rich Boy? It's clear you have shit taste in hip hop so I'm not even going to waste my time. Also you seem to have heard nothing from Eminem besides his singles you've seen on MTV.

Your idea of quality hip hop seems to be based on whether something is a "banger".
Rich Boy is horribly underrated, and he has blossomed into a pretty great MC. But hey, if you don't listen to it you don't have to believe me. My taste in hip hop is wide ranging, and greatly varied. And hip hop is one small percentage of the music I listen to. I hate most "bangers," but I love good ones. Just because I love UGK, Rich Boy, Young Jeezy, and Project Pat doesn't mean I only listen to that kind of stuff. I listen to more than my fair share of Kool Keith, dälek, El-P, blah blah blah. I like good music, and I don't dismiss something as bad music because it's not considered "intelligent." Most "intelligent" hip hop is boring. Common? Sucks. Kanye West? Hasn't put out a good hip hop album since Late Registration. Talib Kweli? Sucks. But hey, you were pretty close at your attempt at pigeonholing me.

UGK's only good album is Ridin' Dirty, the rest is entirely forgettable.
Alright. I'd argue that Super Tight.... is as good as Ridin' Dirty, at least. The first disc of Underground Kingz is of that same quality. I guess you just have crap taste in hip hop.
See what I did there?

Also lol @ glorifying "sipping lean" when it's what caused Pimp C's death.
I'm not glorifying it. That's what they wrote about. That's what they lived. Sleep apnea caused Pimp C's death at least as much as lean. I wish he was still alive, it kills me that there aren't many Pimp C verses left for me to hear. Unfortunately I have a lifetime of new Eminem trash ahead of me.

You said you're not going to respond. I hope you don't.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
It amuses me that Kastro's leading argument in this discussion boils down to "you have shit taste." Doesn't seem like a very intelligent argument. But then again, maybe my retarded southern rap-addled brain can't process the complex logic at work here.

Nabs

Lambtron said:
Alright. I'd argue that Super Tight.... is as good as Ridin' Dirty, at least. The first disc of Underground Kingz is of that same quality. I guess you just have crap taste in hip hop.
See what I did there?

Super Tight is probably my favorite of the bunch. and to me the second disc of UGKz is the stronger one :D (which says a lot about the album)

cryptic

Kreed said:
Average track outside of Eminem's verse, but it's definitely an interesting mix of rappers, if only for Eminem rapping with Wayne and Kanye (considering 50 Cent's history with these two). I would have preferred they added Busta Rhymes or Andre 3000 as opposed to rappers like Lil Wayne.

I know Blackace already responded to this, but this is almost an insult to Royce as opposed to a selling point, especially when you have rappers like Bizarre and 50 Cent associated with Eminem. Plus, the Royce of today is a much better rapper than Eminem right now.

A lot of you guys are kinda dumb or sarcasm has to go (sarcasm)(/sarcasm). Whoever said the SH album was just about the decline, buy the album, listen to raindrops, salute, etc. Also, realize competitive, I'm better than you rap is more of a style than an extended whine.

GQman2121

Banned
Young Money’s Drake and Lil Wayne, along with Eminem and Kanye West, have come together to bring us “Forever,” the biggest hip-hop collaboration since last year’s “Swagga Like Us,” according to MTV. This particular track, produced by Boi-1da, is set to appear on the “More Than A Game” soundtrack. And the music video will reportedly be shot sometime in September in New York City. Check out the song below and let us know if you’re gonna rock this … or if you’re just gonna drop it.

Linkage for the track

Best verse from Eminem since his Alchemist freestyle earlier this summer. Overall this Drake track is forgettable though.

Kastro said:
Same Song and Dance > anything Pimp C's ever done to a mic
:lol

Em is obviously a better rapper than Pimp C (and Bun B...). But your comments are ridiculous

He was a great producer and while his lyrical content wasn't particularly enlightening he could make you forgive it thanks to his charisma and charm.

Kastro

Banned
Common sucks? Wow. Ill let Talib Kweli slide as Im not a fan personally but Resurrection is one of the best hip hop albums ever. Not to mention Like Water for Chocolate and One Day..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Did someone come in here and just dog Pimp C for no reason whatsoever and then defend it with saying the south is ruining rap?

:lol :lol :lol

Sorry to say, but UGK is one of the OGs of Hip Hop without groups and rappers like them there would be no Em..

Kastro

Banned
Blackace said:
Sorry to say, but UGK is one of the OGs of Hip Hop without groups and rappers like them there would be no Em..

yeah im sure UGK was a big influence on eminem.. you can really hear it in how he raps about rims and sipping lean

wtf why does every HipHop topic go off into

LOL YOUR TASTE IS WACK COMPARED TO MINE

just talk about the damn song....wtf guys? we are not Sohh.

mileS

how can you say Common sucks?

hahahahahaaha wow... everyone is entitled to their own opinion but thats just plain wrong.

Blackace

Kastro said:
yeah im sure UGK was a big influence on eminem.. you can really hear it in how he raps about rims and sipping lean

Popping pills and killing your baby mother, or dissing a celebrity... we can play that game all day. His subject matter wouldn't be accepted if it wasn't for rappers like UGK; songs like "I got a pocket full of stones" got radio play because it got so popular.. people were trying to censor the content and so on.. if guys like that.. (not only UGK before you try to twist it anymore) have not been around Em wouldn't have much he could say..

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Pretty underwhelming track. Beat was awful, especially during the hook with that hihat/snare (could be either depending on the pitch) turned up way too frickin high. Add in pseudo auto tune and the entire song is ruined.

Wow, looks like I'm on Kastro's line of the sand now. :lol

Resurrection is one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time. Sure Common in 2009 sucks, but that doesn't take away from him as an overall artist

Esch

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

Resurrection is one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time. Sure Common in 2009 sucks, but that doesn't take away from him as an overall artist

This.

Resurrection is definitely amazing stuff.

Blackace

PhoenixDark said:

This is just nothing but further proof that the Neptunes are the kiss of death for an artist.

Recon

Banned
Lambtron said:
There's more good songs on UGK 4 Life, easily their weakest album, than Eminem has put out this decade. If you can't recognize them as one of the best rap duos of all time, you're completely deluded.....He hasn't put out a great album in 10 years. At that point he let his MTV-aimed filler take over, and decided to waste all his skills on "mercing" Mariah Carey and the Olsen Twins. Oh boy.

Even if you think the Eminem Show sucked(Which it didnt), The marshall mather lp was released within the last 10 years...so your statement is kinda fucked.

Lambtron is saying some very moronic things,besides UGK are awesome(Cuz they care!)

Blackace

Kastro said:
not clipse

Lord Willin made them look like the next coming of Outkast... then the Neptunes decided to kill that noise...

Kastro

Banned
Blackace said:
:lol Lord Willin made them look like the next coming of Outkast... then the Neptunes killed all that...

Lord Willin was produced by The Neptunes.. and HHNF is more interesting production-wise

Blackace

Kastro said:
Lord Willin was produced by The Neptunes.. and HHNF is more interesting production-wise

Yeah it was. But HHNF was pretty weak.. Also, for some reason when artist work only with the Neptunes for a long period they start to sound, sameish..

Blackace

DaMan121 said:
Harsh. I loved Universal Mind Control.

UMC wasn't so bad. It just didn't really feel like a Common album..

knicks

Lambtron said:

What does that even mean? It has been just about 10 years since SSLP. Are you saying he hasn't done anything since then.....your not really making sense. People seem to only give recognition to the present day. He was amazing these past 10 years......Relapse was ridiculously hyped and was a letdown, if it weren't for that release you wouldn't be saying this.

Eminem has been trash for some time, but he obviously has the talent/ability to still rap. He just doesn't seem to give a fuck about proving anything.

Everyone falls off eventually. Unless you're Ghostface of course

Blackace

PhoenixDark said:
Eminem has been trash for some time, but he obviously has the talent/ability to still rap. He just doesn't seem to give a fuck about proving anything.

Everyone falls off eventually. Unless you're Ghostface of course

You mean Method Man right? ;)

Encore wasn't so hot as well, but relaspe was really bad..

I blame Dre as much as Em..

To be honest I have not heard a Dre beat that just brings it in some time..

And from a west coast guy that just hurts to say.

Blackace

Kastro said:
factually incorrect

How so? You can say that UGK only talks about Rims and Hoes but someone else's opinon is so incorrect.. pfffttt..

I liked some tracks on HHNF and actually can listen to most of the album with having to change tracks which is something that doesn't happen much these days...

But that doesn't mean I was blown away or felt that it was a great album. I think mostly I am not too fond of the Neptunes' overall sound. For an entire album it really sounds blah.

Kastro said:
kinda like Pimp C's passing
Respect the KING, fam. Alot of you Drake "Hipster" loving bastards have no idea how UGK influnce the Rap game. If you was a Rap fan, you wouldn't say something like that.

Blackace

newelly87 said:
Now they are saying encore is better than relapse:lol fucking ridiculous.

Relapse is really bad. Really bad... if it wasn't Em and Dre I wouldn't have bought it and left at the listening station. Encore got some play from me.. Relaspe gets no love from me.. none..

Kastro

Banned
ShinobiFist said:
Respect the KING, fam. Alot of you Drake "Hipster" loving bastards have no idea how UGK influnce the Rap game. If you was a Rap fan, you wouldn't say something like that.

lol, he's the king? you wouldn't even be saying that if he were still alive.

I hate Drake.

Relapse is not bad at all. At worst it's average. Nothing on Relapse is as remotely offensive as "Puke"

HHNF is overrated. Lots of average punchlines and re-treads of ground Ghostface/Raekwon did far better with far more energy and lyricism. Don't get me wrong it's a good album but the love it gets always puzzled me

Kastro

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
HHNF is overrated. Lots of average punchlines and re-treads of ground Ghostface/Raekwon did far better with far more energy and lyricism. Don't get me wrong it's a good album but the love it gets always puzzled me

I quote HHNF far more than Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. That albums classic for sure but Ghostface's slang loses me more often than not.

Anth0ny

Slim Shady LP: Amazing
Eminem Show: Amazing
Encore: Allright
Relapse: Crap

But I'm definitely liking forever. Considering I'm from Toronto, it's automatically fuck win for having Drake in it. But Em kills it as well.

Blackace

Anth0ny said:
Slim Shady LP: Amazing
Eminem Show: Amazing
Encore: Allright
Relapse: Crap

But I'm definitely liking forever. Considering I'm from Toronto, it's automatically fuck win for having Drake in it. But Em kills it as well.

Where is the MMLP????????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah I understand having a hometown hero and all that and loving them rap.. but as long you know deep down inside he isn't as clever as people make him out to be..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom