• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 to announce "extremely anticipated" title in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyunch

Skiesofwonder said:
Ninokuni for Wii (which has been greatly hinted at) would make so much sense and would become by default my most anticipated video game title of this gen.

Of course a PS3/360 release would be just as amazing (and maybe better depending on what type gameplay they choose) but I think with the recent slew of major JRPG's annoucements and the nature of the Wii fanbase, it would be almost crazy not to release the Studio Ghibi RPG on Wii.
If so it better not be another Echoes of Time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
PounchEnvy said:
If so it better not be another Echoes of Time.
Even if they just port it 1:1 on Wii it would be One of the better lookin Wii Games - the Art direction is superb. But i hope they release first the DS before announcing another Version.

leroidys

teekun said:
Why would you argue language semantics in a quote that was translated from another language?

Because that's what "注目されるタイトルになると思います" would translate as?

EDIT: But yes, Japanese is an intentionally vague language - I'm just pointing out that it is not necessarily a sequel to something that we've seen before, though it could well be.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'd totally be down with a Dark Cloud 3... Really enjoyed Dark Cloud 2, especially all the optional content and minigames in it (Building towns, Spheda, fishing, inventing, snapping pictures)... only thing I wish for would be less drawn-out and repetitive dungeons. Perhaps some actual level design instead of random dungeons?

Of course, I'm dying to see some DQX footage, as it's probably gonna end up being the greatest RPG of this console generation when all is said and done.

Too bad Level 5 has developed so many games in the last 5 years that several titles can be considered "extremely anticipated"....though Dark Cloud 3 is at the top of the list

duckroll

This month's trademarks are out:

レベルファイブ
商願2010-5375 戦国野球団

Level 5 has registered a trademark for Sengoku Baseball Team. I guess that's what Hino is referring to. They're going to do for baseball what Inazuma Eleven did for football.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
duckroll said:

レベルファイブ
商願2010-5375 戦国野球団

Level 5 has registered a trademark for Sengoku Baseball Team. I guess that's what Hino is referring to. They're going to do for baseball what Inazuma Eleven did for football.
That's an interesting time frame for a baseball game.

Man, Level-5 is such a clusterfuck for releases. Let's see:

- Ninokuni is 2010, yet its vague spring release is not clarified yet
- Inazuma Eleven 3 announced and scheduled for early summer release
- WKC2 unveiled this week, summer too
- Layton 5 basically locked for a November release
- Danball Senki, Mystery Room and Fantasy Life were also promised for 2010, yet still not announced
- Ushiro and Inazuma Eleven Break put on hold, never heard again

Overseas has yet to see any Inazuma concrete plans, Layton 3 is expected but not confirmed, other puzzle/adventure DS titles were on Level-5 plans but haven't heard anything yet either. While just being DQIX developer, they for sure need to do some work for the overseas versions.

And this isn't taking into account recent comments about their Wii & PS3 output, April announcement and this new baseball trademark.

Cornbread78

cw_sasuke said:
Fixed. Same architecture expect many upcoming Multiplattform games.

Hopefully not the Wii again, they can do so much more graphically on a PS3 version... (Plus, I just want it on a PS3, LOL. Wii already got their Dragon Quest, it's PS3's turn.)

Hino tweets about another Level-5 (delayed/on hold) project still underway, huge news everyone.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/03/22/hino_on_inazuma_eleven_break/
Level-5 CEO Tweets About Console Inazuma Eleven
Development still underway. Could an update be coming at next week's Inazuma Eleven 2 championships?

Yesteray, Break came back into the conversion courtesy of Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino and, of course, Twitter. In a reply to Twitter user "reeeeeyo", Hino said, "I'm not sure if the title will stay the same, but the console version of Inazuma Eleven is progressing, so please wait a bit longer for an announcement."

It's not much, but with Break having completely disappeared from the public eye, it's at least good to hear that the game is progressing.

duckroll

StuBurns said:
I was under the impression the 'other platform' for The Another World was the cell phone version that was announced.

No. Hino specifically said that there is a console version of Ninokuni which will be released in the future. It will be the same game, with higher specs, and also be packed in with the hardcover book. The mobile game is not the same game, but some sort of complimentary spin off with side stories in the same world.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
My guess is Inazuma Eleven Break or something for the Wii.

Or Ninokuni for Wii/Move. :D

Gattsu25

Banned
djtiesto said:
I'd totally be down with a Dark Cloud 3... Really enjoyed Dark Cloud 2, especially all the optional content and minigames in it (Building towns, Spheda, fishing, inventing, snapping pictures)... only thing I wish for would be less drawn-out and repetitive dungeons. Perhaps some actual level design instead of random dungeons?
They should take hints from Torchlight. Still use random environments, just make each random segment substantially larger.

duckroll

Here's a recap of Level 5's recent trademarks:

- Sengoku Baseball Team
- Time Travelers

Probably the same game, and possibly the game they will be announcing since it was very recently trademarked.

Gattsu25

Banned
duckroll said:
Here's a recap of Level 5's recent trademarks:

- Sengoku Baseball Team
- Time Travelers

Probably the same game, and possibly the game they will be announcing since it was very recently trademarked.
Neither of which interest me in the slightest. Why do you always kill my dreams?

StuBurns

Banned
duckroll said:
No. Hino specifically said that there is a console version of Ninokuni which will be released in the future. It will be the same game, with higher specs, and also be packed in with the hardcover book. The mobile game is not the same game, but some sort of complimentary spin off with side stories in the same world.
Awesome, had not read that. I hope it makes it out of Japan.

duckroll

Gattsu25 said:
Neither of which interest me in the slightest. Why do you always kill my dreams?

Don't worry, it might not interest you now, but Hino says after it is revealed everyone will be hyped for it! :lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hino is doing a PS3 title and Wii title right?

So I'm guessing the Basketball one is for the Wii and the Time Travelers is for the PS3? :p

ULTROS! said:
Hino is doing a PS3 title and Wii title right?

So I'm guessing the Basketball one is for the Wii and the Time Travelers is for the PS3? :p

Both Sengoku Baseball Team and Time Travelers will be for the DS. You can pretty much count on it.

StuBurns said:
Awesome, had not read that. I hope it makes it out of Japan.

Given the way Level 5 seems to work a Japanese release in 2012, so a Western version around 2017. Okay maybe 2018 is a more realistic timeframe. Fuck it, this decade definitely...maybe?

ULTROS!

So... A Time Traveling Basketball Game? :p

duckroll

Amir0x said:
Nintendo 3DS Professor Layton game, featuring depth-of-field puzzles.

That's probably where the series will be going in the next trilogy. They'll probably release the final DS Layton game in December 2011, and start the Layton 3D series in 2012.

ULTROS! said:
So... A Time Traveling Basketball Game? :p

You might want to learn to read a bit more carefully.

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
That's probably where the series will be going in the next trilogy. They'll probably release the final DS Layton game in December 2011, and start the Layton 3D series in 2012.

Seems a natural fit for the franchise. I saw that headtracking DSi game and the way it utilized the tech for puzzles, so it seems right.

Of course, the way Layton sells in America, we might stop getting them by the time 3DS comes.

I wanted that one PSP game (the ghost one), but they never show it any more. And Dark Cloud 3.

ULTROS!

Damn... Baseball. :lol

damn schoolwork

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Die Squirrel Die said:
Given the way Level 5 seems to work a Japanese release in 2012, so a Western version around 2017. Okay maybe 2018 is a more realistic timeframe. Fuck it, this decade definitely...maybe?

With Layton that's not entirely fair. They have to edit out the more Japanese-centric puzzles for US audiences. They replace them with puzzles from the sequels, so it can take quite some time to localize.

It's hard to get excited because of this regardless. Inazuma is never coming out here. :(

gerg

Amir0x said:
Seems a natural fit for the franchise. I saw that headtracking DSi game and the way it utilized the tech for puzzles, so it seems right.

Of course, the way Layton sells in America, we might stop getting them by the time 3DS comes.

I wouldn't be so negative. Do the titles really sell that badly? I knew that they underperformed, especially compared to European sales, but it's not like they tank, is it?

duckroll said:

レベルファイブ
商願2010-5375 戦国野球団

Don't know anything about baseball but this could make a great PS Move and Wiimote title... Do it Lvl 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom