• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It begins: E3 signage appearing in LA [Update: Lots Of Pictures In OP]

This just reminds me of Adam Carolla always complaining about seeing the Red Dead Redemption billboard with the picutre of the dude who looks like he's pointing sawed off shotgun at you all over LA, and how depressing and annoying that billboard was.

derFeef

The Lamp said:
I don't understand these signs; are they hand-painted? That looks incredibly tedious.
It's not that detailed as you may think. It looks better from distance for sure. Just look at the mountains on the left.

xbhaskarx

From The Dust said:
that hotel loves doing this. wonder what prompted them in the first place
Probably fanboys. I heard the owners of the hotel are hardcore gamers.

Definitely not a case of money being exchanged for goods or services.

Seth C

A friend of mine knows the owner of the hotel. He makes more every year by selling ad space on the side of the building than what he purchased the place for. Yes. Every single year.

Magnus

Am I the only one that doesn't like that Skyrim ad?

a) the image ain't that special or evocative.
b) it doesn't lend itself to being split into three like that, at all.

The XIII ads were so much more powerful in that same space, by comparison.

Ploid 3.0

Grampa Simpson said:
I remember one year for AX it was tropic thunder.

Oh no. First GTA4 (I hated it, but it sold great), FFXIII (seemed to sold good, I didn't even bother buying due to reports), and now Skyrim?

Magnus said:

I'm not a fan of the Skyrim ad either. It would have been much better if they were three separate images.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
SamBishop said:
They aren't really built yet. Most of the stuff is still coming in. They'll have built everything through the weekend for the bulk of 'em.

Ubisoft's booth

2vMlC.jpg

This is always my favourite E3 hype thread. Feels like yesterday I was lurking the 2009 thread, where everyone discovered the existence of NSMBWii. Good times...

yay, being unbanned feels good

Magnus said:

Agreed, that is a total waste of three buildings. But it makes an impact I guess.

Alrus

OKay I never heard of that game but if it comes to PC I'm totally buying it, looks awesome.

Great to see a "tiny" game getting an advertisement spot usually reserved for the big ones.

Pollux

Blue Ninja said:
I want to freeze myself in carbonite for this game. It's so bad I've already started working on an OT. So unless anything crazy happens (like me actually freezing myself in carbonite), consider that one called. :lol

In all seriousness, though, E3 couldn't have come at a more inopportune time. I'm right-smack in the middle of exams by then. D:

And yeah, it's apparently hand-painted and expensive as shit.
Any idea how much it actually costs? Ballpark figures will do lol

pirata

Whoa, cool to see Bastion getting some attention! Oh, and I didn't know that you had a GAF account, Mr. Kasavin! Are you going to LA this year?

Alrus said:
OKay I never heard of that game but if it comes to PC I'm totally buying it, looks awesome.

Great to see a "tiny" game getting an advertisement spot usually reserved for the big ones.

They said that they're going to be releasing a PC version sometime after the XBLA version.

Top Bottom