• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Thread: [Update: FINALLY a funny joke descends upon the show post #4807]

AcciDante

If you guys were nominated for an award, went down to the show, and then they handed you the award on the 'red carpet', wouldn't you be disappointed? I always thought that was shitty.

Psykotik

i wanted to see maria's menounos :(

2j0m6g4.jpg

Xater

I just watched the trailers and for the most part they were all shit. The only ones that actually made me excited for the games were Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3, at least those had some gameplay and in-game stuff.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is there anywhere to rewatch the event?

masterkajo

Quick question: Is there a VoD for the VGAs out there? Or someone who restreams it? I couldn't watch all of it last night as my PC crashed. Thanks

Haunted

What good announcements did I miss? Did any of the trailers even show gameplay?

I saw a bunch of CG for Mass Effect, Skyrim and that SSX abortion so far. Also the Forza teaser.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Haunted said:
What good announcements did I miss? Did any of the trailers even show gameplay?

I saw a bunch of CG for Mass Effect, Skyrim and that SSX abortion so far. Also the Forza teaser.
Unkarted 3: Among Deception

SC2 got robbed.
As good as Halo: Reach is -- and make no mistake, it's glorious -- it's not the game we'll be seeing continuous support for for the next 4-5 years and play it for 10.

Haunted

Rez said:
Unkarted 3: Among Deception
Yeah, just saw Nolan North's Uncharted. At least that had a 5 second glimpse of gameplay! More than 99% of the others showed. :/

Thus, I conclude that Resistance 3 and Nolan North were the only good trailers yesterday.

MAtgS

Mockingbird said:
how does studio of the year work? wouldn't it automatically be the one who puts out the goty? or maybe the most quality games?
My best guess is that quantity of DLC & the presentation of TOR at E3 were major factors.

Garjon

I cannot believe I stayed up until 3am this morning to watch this garbage. One decent joke, almost no gameplay or new information and a randomised Black Ops NPC winning best character of the year. If it wasn't for the guy doing the stream, I would consider it one of the worst decisions I have made. Oh well, I can always ignore next year's event.

Barrett2

The writing for the show was so unimaginably bad, half the presenters literally apologized for reading it at some point during their lines. Good lord.

In an encore, I just saw Denise Richards talk about pushing the start button and that was enough for me to change the channel. You're all braver souls than I am, GAF.

Hey You

Kittonwy said:
Bioware has the pedigree so obviously it doesn't matter that R* San Diego puts out the better game.
Isn't Studio of the Year based on whoever has the most votes?

It should be based somehow on A)Do they often interact with their communities B) Do they play online with their fan base? C)Other stuff like Contests etc

I'm not familiar with Bioware and their fanbase, but I thought Bungie or R* San Diego would have gotten that award.

Someone mentioned that most awards here are voted for by journalists. Big assumption but i assume these would be from the enthusiast press. If that's the case, surely the journalist should abstain from voting, considering the enthusiast press are the ones rightly doing the bitching (along with us).?

Apparently GameTrailers' employees are non-sarcastically proud of this one.

http://twitter.com/#!/AaronMFC/status/14013446706167808
http://twitter.com/#!/AaronMFC/status/14022564070297600

Hmm.

DMczaf

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Apparently GameTrailers' employees are non-sarcastically proud of this one.

http://twitter.com/#!/AaronMFC/status/14013446706167808
http://twitter.com/#!/AaronMFC/status/14022564070297600

Hmm.

Biggest news I got from this link is that Shawn Elliot and Jeff Green recorded a new Out of the Game after this show. I hope they discuss it :lol

Firestorm

JeffGreen said:
Shawn didn't make it on, but we DID discuss the VGAs, and, yeah, I ranted. :)
awesome

Also does anyone have a video of the NBA Elite and "deaths" thing. I really need to send that to a few friends :lol

Top Bottom