• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2011

BooJoh

JLateralus said:
I just now started digging into the Ambassador games.

I may have missed this, but there aren't any save states in these, or am I missing something?
There aren't restore points yet, those will be added in the final versions to be released on the eShop later (we'll get the upgrade free.)

There are interrupt saves though. When you exit to the 3DS Home menu it saves the state and next time you load up the game it'll be right where you left off.

BooJoh said:
There aren't restore points yet, those will be added in the final versions to be released on the eShop later (we'll get the upgrade free.)

There are interrupt saves though. When you exit to the 3DS Home menu it saves the state and next time you load up the game it'll be right where you left off.

Ah perfect, thanks. I really didn't want to have to mess with passwords in Metroid.

donny2112

The 3DS conference is on Tuesday the 13th, so maybe that means Four Swords will be available for download that Thursday the 15th. Mention that it's coming "this week" to add to the stuff to announce or something. At least, I would not be expecting it this week, at all, but I'd be fine being incorrect there. :)

watershed

Banned
donny2112 said:
The 3DS conference is on Tuesday the 13th, so maybe that means Four Swords will be available for download that Thursday the 15th. Mention that it's coming "this week" to add to the stuff to announce or something. At least, I would not be expecting it this week, at all, but I'd be fine being incorrect there. :)
Is four swords completely dependent on multiplayer? Is there no single player built into the game? If not I'll probably download it for free and just look at it in my 3ds menu.....

artwalknoon said:
Is four swords completely dependent on multiplayer? Is there no single player built into the game? If not I'll probably download it for free and just look at it in my 3ds menu.....

The one on the GBA was multi-only as far as I remember. The immensely better one on the Gamecube allowed single player, although there was no real reason to because the game is best experienced with another person.

Tyeforce

artwalknoon said:
Yup, multiplayer only. But the great thing about this DSiWare release is that it's a free download, and because it's DSiWare both 3DS and DSi owners can download it, so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone else to play with. It was a lot harder to find people to play with on the GBA, lol.

donny2112 said:
To be able to play through the game without relying on someone else there to be able to do so. o_O

Yeah, but it's nowhere near as fun without another person. But I know that not everyone knew someone else with a GBA to play with.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
PigSpeakers said:
That's a total lie and you know it. Alison>all. Sure it's only been one episode, but nothing can top Alison as far as in-console video game-related shows go.

This is true. My young son was obsessed with Alison and Gary for a while. Nintendo even sent him an autographed picture of the two.

I just noticed there is a Mario VS Donkey Kong Minis March (or something) games out on 3DS. It's £7.20 on the UK E-Store. Does anyone know if this is a full game? I had the first one they did on GBA all those years ago, is it similar to that?

KennyLinder said:
I just noticed there is a Mario VS Donkey Kong Minis March (or something) games out on 3DS. It's £7.20 on the UK E-Store. Does anyone know if this is a full game? I had the first one they did on GBA all those years ago, is it similar to that?
I haven't played any of the DS MvDK games but they're apparently nothing like the GBA game at all, they're supposedly similar to Lemmings or something.

Glix

Gargoyles Quest is AMAZING!!! Has freaking great graphics for a Game Boy game. I'm totally blown away.

When you talk to people its SUPER SLOW, but besides that I'm in love with this game.

GeekyDad

KennyLinder said:

Um...yes and no. As the previous poster said, the Minis games do play a bit like Lemmings, since you don't exercise a lot of direct control over them. However, a lot of the same puzzle and level-design elements are very much in line with both Donkey Kong (GB) and MvDK (GBA). They're all excellent games. Just don't expect the same thing as what you got with MvDK. Direct control over Mario is great, but this is also great in its own way.

rpmurphy

GeekyDad said:
Um...yes and no. As the previous poster said, the Minis games do play a bit like Lemmings, since you don't exercise a lot of direct control over them. However, a lot of the same puzzle and level-design elements are very much in line with both Donkey Kong (GB) and MvDK (GBA). They're all excellent games. Just don't expect the same thing as what you got with MvDK. Direct control over Mario is great, but this is also great in its own way.
I would say gameplay-wise it's similar to Mario & Wario (SFC). Like Lemmings, Minis move on their own in a deterministic fashion, but the difference is that you can only control certain parts of the environment such as filling in stepping blocks and triggering springs for timely hops.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Next week's eShop releases in Japan

09/14

(VC) BurgerTime Deluxe (Data East)
(eShop) Family Bowling 3D (Arc System Works)
(eShop) Nikoli Puzzle Heyawake (Hamster Co.)
(eShop) Dot Eater: New Picdun (Intense)

And... Yes. It's that Family series.

This is BurgerTime Deluxe:

JgmhJ.jpg

beje

Banned
There's absolutely nothing in the "next releases" area of the NoE website for the eShop. How many bets we get a deserted week today?

It's specially bleeding seeing how there's already like 10 3DS-specific games in Japan and we still only have one...

Nintendo Press Site said:
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - SEPTEMBER 8, 2011

Sept. 8, 2011

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™
Puzzle Rocks – This novel puzzle game will thoroughly test your combining and planning abilities. Take your time to find the best strategy, improve your moves and make as many matches as possible during a single turn. (For Nintendo 3DS™ / Nintendo DSi™)

DotMan – Do you like to drive fast and challenge authority? Perform last-minute lane changes, make stealthy U-turns and determine your speed in a nonstop action game that takes you back to the golden years of arcade gaming. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi)

Nintendo eShop
Golf – This new version of the Game Boy™ classic brings you 36 holes of realistic golf action. From twisting fairways and hungry sand traps to big water hazards and deceptive greens, Golf is packed with challenges. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo Video™
Blue Man Group, "Dance Like the Stars!" – Blue Man Group are adding a new dimension to the dance competition craze. Hula! The Dougie! Pogo! Watch Blue Man Group bust a move. Press any button to continue… This offering for the Nintendo Video service becomes available today at 3 p.m. Pacific time. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Also new this week:
• Paint Splash (WiiWare™)
• Liight (demo version) (WiiWare)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/download9KoiOt5C.php

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds/systems/dsi.

Up. Wtf at no Wii VC.... Hopefully it doesn't just stop like in EU.

sfog

The Bit.Trip Flux demo has been removed from the US Wii shop this morning, so only the Kyotokei demo is left now.

Edit: Nice to see they're not totally done for yet...

OnPoint

sfog said:
The Bit.Trip Flux demo has been removed from the US Wii shop this morning, so only the Kyotokei demo is left now.

Edit: Nice to see they're not totally done for yet...

Liight just got one at least.

Javier

Guys, check the "Coming Soon to the eShop" section. There's a video of WayFoward's new game "Mighty Switch Force". It's 3DS-exclusive, not DSiWare.

GJS

beje said:
There's absolutely nothing in the "next releases" area of the NoE website for the eShop. How many bets we get a deserted week today?

It's specially bleeding seeing how there's already like 10 3DS-specific games in Japan and we still only have one...
We got Anonymous Notes Chapter 1- From The Abyss on DSiware and a Star Fox 64 3D video for the eshop.

GeekyDad

Javier said:
Guys, check the "Coming Soon to the eShop" section. There's a video of WayFoward's new game "Mighty Switch Force". It's 3DS-exclusive, not DSiWare.

U.S. eShop? I know the trailer came out for Europe last week, but I'd love to check it out in 3D.

donny2112

This week is underwhelming because the 3DS conference is next week and all the cool stuff will get announced there, right? Right!?!

:lol

PowderedToast said:
does anyone know if we'll ever get another N64 game for virtual console?

Don't know for certain, but it's doubtful. I'm just hoping for Super Bonk 2 from the Japanese VC to get brought over. N64 games seem to require more work (?), so probably not. One you were waiting on, in particular?

donny2112 said:
This week is underwhelming because the 3DS conference is next week and all the cool stuff will get announced there, right? Right!?!

:lol

Not getting my hopes up too high, but I wouldn't rule out demos launching next week, or another surprise eShop title or two.

Why was there no Nintendo Show 3D today? Unless that's on a different day of the week or will be uploaded later today. I know Nintendo Week usually isn't up until later in the afternoon PST.

Glix

So I started a thread a while back lambasting Nintendo for their eshop selections. I pretty much got mocked and flamed.

So I'm browsing the store today...

There are FOUR games that are in 3D

FOUR GAMES IN SIX MONTHS. Just awful.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
AbsoluteZero said:
How many first party N64 titles are there left, anyway?

There are a bunch of Nintendo published titles, that they might be able to push out. But developed titles are basically down to the Pokemon Stadium games.

Glix said:
So I started a thread a while back lambasting Nintendo for their eshop selections. I pretty much got mocked and flamed.

So I'm browsing the store today...

There are FOUR games that are in 3D

FOUR GAMES IN SIX MONTHS. Just awful.

The strategy for North America is pretty weird, considering there's triple the content available on the Japanese eShop for 3DS developed games.

bwahhhhh

AbsoluteZero said:

Pilotwings 64 is the big one, for me. I can't believe it never got a VC release, especially after PWR was released.

sfog

AbsoluteZero said:

Not too much. Pilotwings 64, Excitebike 64, and Mario Party 3 are the most notable that are still missing, since I wouldn't expect the Pokemon Stadium titles due to their peripheral use or Dr. Mario 64 due to the WiiWare one.

Top Bottom