• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All New Skyward Sword Info from GI + Nintendo

Shiggy

KefkaTaran said:
When the game actually comes out, we're just gonna post video of the whole thing.

But in 10-second chunks labeled "exclusive." One every day for the next 20 years. Bam. Solved.

Are you actually playing it alone in your office or is Nintendo afraid and thus giving "guidance"?

Shiggy said:
Are you actually playing it alone in your office or is Nintendo afraid and thus giving "guidance"?

I'm not playing at all right now. :p We went to Nintendo for the cover story, but now we're just waiting to get hands on the final version like everyone else.

Lunar15

I like the dungeon music. I know people will complain that it's not orchestrated, but I think it fits the almost hindu nature of all the statues and art of the dungeon.

Also, this dungeon reminds me of the Temple of Droplets in The Minish Cap. I've noticed a lot of similarities between this game and minish cap, actually, and I don't think that's a bad thing in this case.

Lunar15

Lord Ghirahim said:
People asking for full orchestration are no better than port beggars.

I completely agree. Plus, the boss battle seems to be orchestrated, and that's where I'd want some bombastic orchestration.

Kard8p3

Crumpet Trumpet said:
Mmmmm yes. I'm happy that the dungeons seem to have more melodic soundtracks instead of just generic ambiance.

I was literally about to post this but for some reason decided against it. Good to see someone else posted it. It's definitely a welcome change from TP.

Majmun

Just watched the fire temple video. Why...

g0T0C.jpg

Caelus

Lunar15 said:
I like the dungeon music. I know people will complain that it's not orchestrated, but I think it fits the almost hindu nature of all the statues and art of the dungeon.

It sounded orchestrated to me, or at least partly orchestrated. I think MIDI is needed to create some unique sounds.

Kard8p3

Sneaky Gato said:
So I'm confused about the rolling. Do you use the analog stick or the wiimote since link used the sword?

Rolling seems to be done with the analog stick since you still have sword control.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Kard8p3 said:
Yes I'd like an order of Skyward Sword with some beautiful animation on the side.

You want the part when Link covers his face when he enters the temple, right? Just need a youtube video and I'm on it.

RPGCrazied

KefkaTaran said:
I'm not playing at all right now. :p We went to Nintendo for the cover story, but now we're just waiting to get hands on the final version like everyone else.

Don't you guys get review copies pretty early though? Might not get to take it home, but you can play it before us.

Amir0x

Banned
you should have just let me live with the fantasy that it was a month and a half away.

you should have just let me believe it, damn it

fml

Kard8p3

BY2K said:
With a little luck, we'll have the demo a month before the release of the full game.

Believe.

Around that time it'll get even harder though because the Iwata Asks should be coming around then or soon after. With it will come more clips, more music, probably a new trailer, and possibly the intro of the game. It will get harder and harder till the day it actually comes out.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The demo doesn't help the wait. It makes it worse. So much worse.

Caelus

Kard8p3 said:
Around that time it'll get even harder though because the Iwata Asks should be coming around then or soon after. With it will come more clips, more music, probably a new trailer, and possibly the intro of the game. It will get harder and harder till the day it actually comes out.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god when is Iwata Asks?!?!?!

FreeMufasa

I hope Links hat doesn't go through his shield in Zelda WiiU. A little something that bothers me in 3D Zeldas. That's the only downside I can think of regarding this game.

Amir0x

Banned
EatChildren said:
The demo doesn't help the wait. It makes it worse. So much worse.

I dunno when I got the Shadow of the Colossus demo it definitely helped the wait. I played that one demo for a total of six hours >_<

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
In addition, ZREO has also released some Skyward Sword tracks based on the music we've heard so far from the trailers and preview footage. You can listen to these tracks below, but be forewarned: these tracks will only make the wait for Skyward Sword feel longer:

SNmuU.jpg

http://zreomusic.com/z14

RagnarokX

FreeMufasa said:
I hope Links hat doesn't go through his shield in Zelda WiiU. A little something that bothers me in 3D Zeldas. That's the only downside I can think of regarding this game.
What about Link's gravity defying hat in TP?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BY2K said:
i6d5tobqFx37A.gif

Kinda happy with the result for that one.

I love that fire spark thingy colliding with Link's cheek.

It's colliding with his earring.

His Earrings will have major role in SS confirmed

BY2K said:
You are not missing much, they ruined the Sky Temple music.

Really? i think they did a really good job. Very atmospheric.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seriously, ZREO, how can you fail to re-orchestrate something that's already made with an orchestra... ?

Sn4ke_911 said:
Really? i think they did a really good job. Very atmospheric.

I find the original waaaaaay better.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I really dont like the stamina meter butting in all the time. Im not really crazy about the HUD design much at all really, I can get over most of it, but that stamina bubble is just pure ass.

Top Bottom