• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

I was shooting the shit with the guy that works at the gamestop I go to and he mentioned that pilotwings got delayed for launch? He said something along that line I'm quite sure.

-Pyromaniac- said:
I was shooting the shit with the guy that works at the gamestop I go to and he mentioned that pilotwings got delayed for launch? He said something along that line I'm quite sure.
If that's true, I can't even say how disappointed I'd be.

I asked him what can I pre-order and he started listing like 20 games and I was like settle down broseph I mean for launch, and he listed like 2 games. I was like wtf are you forreal what about pilotwings and he said delayed.

He isn't one to talk shit so I'd guess 60% chance he isn't BSing and 40% chance he doesn't know what he is talking about.

FoneBone

-Pyromaniac- said:
If we're talking the US, nothing's ever been 100% confirmed for day 1, so there's nothing to be "delayed" - unless it slips out of the launch window altogether, which I very much doubt.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Gamestop employees do not know any information that we don't, not even the managers. The uppity-up execs *might*, but nobody you'd be talking to at a store would know anything about the 3DS launch-day titles until Nintendo formally announces them. Same, BTW, goes for Nintendo customer service.

Kenka

I don't know how informative it can be but I was "lucky" enough to have a 3DS freezing in my hands today in the 3DS event organized today in Switzerland.

The amount of RAM contained in the 3DS is supposedly 64 Mo. It was written on the black screen that appeared right after the freeze.

Cmagus

Id just really like to know the launch titles by now I am going in to pay off my 3DS this week end and would like to order something with it. Seriously I have been putting off buying a new TV for this but if they aren't gonna say anything then I am just gonna assume its going to be weak (not expecting amazing but at least something I may be interested in) or I'll probably just cancel my pre-order and wait.

- J - D -

That's not the first time I've read about the 3DS locking up during these events. Hopefully it won't affect the final retail units.

[Nintex]

Kenka said:
I don't know how informative it can be but I was "lucky" enough to have a 3DS freezing in my hands today in the 3DS event organized today in Switzerland.

The amount of RAM contained in the 3DS is supposedly 64 Mo. It was written on the black screen that appeared right after the freeze.
Let me guess Super Street Fighter 4?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Nanostray Team Working on Nintendo 3DS
http://www.cubed3.com/news/15209

"Shin'en Multimedia has today confirmed to Cubed3 that the Nanostray team is working on Nintendo 3DS. The German outfit, which has had recent success with WiiWare games such as Art of Balance and Jett Rocket, is soon set to release FAST: Racing League, also on WiiWare. However, the team has contacted Cubed3 to confirm that the group that brought the very impressive Nanostray 2 to Nintendo DS, is now working on an unannounced action game for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS that began development back in Autumn 2010. "

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Vic said:

"Shin'en Multimedia has today confirmed to Cubed3 that the Nanostray team is working on Nintendo 3DS. The German outfit, which has had recent success with WiiWare games such as Art of Balance and Jett Rocket, is soon set to release FAST: Racing League, also on WiiWare. However, the team has contacted Cubed3 to confirm that the group that brought the very impressive Nanostray 2 to Nintendo DS, is now working on an unannounced action game for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS that began development back in Autumn 2010. "
...cant wait for it !!!

Kenka

[Nintex] said:
Let me guess Super Street Fighter 4?

No it was Ridge Racer. I actually shot the black screen in order to have a proof. In the first 3DS shots we got from the guy who robbed from the assembly line, the same number was 96 Mo.

This time, it was clearly 64 Mo.

jarosh

Kenka said:

not necessarily correct. i had a system freeze on me too. the full text you get is "64 MB MODE", which clearly denotes that this isn't the only possible mode and the remaining 32 mb might be for the os. it's a strong possibility at least. there's no the way to be sure at this point that the system only has 64 mb.

jarosh said:
not necessarily correct. i had a system freeze on me too. the full text you get is "64 MB MODE", which clearly denotes that this isn't the only possible mode and the remaining 32 mb might be for the os. it's a strong possibility at least. there's no the way to be sure at this point that the system only has 64 mb.

My guess is that the mode is just a setting the developer can choose instead of a devkit only 128MB mode. There may be a decent amount of VRAM seperate to that 64MB too, but I don't know.

jarosh

i don't know which ones of these are new, but i guess i'll just dump a bunch of the screens from the press kit here:

CTR_Tiger_Screen_06.jpg

CTR_Tiger_Screen_05.jpg

CTR_Tiger_Screen_04.jpg

CTR_Tiger_Screen_03.jpg

CTR_Tiger_Screen_02.jpg

CTR_Tiger_Screen_01.jpg

3DS_MiiPlaza_scrn1_dis.jpg

3DS_Menu_scrn1.jpg

3DS_Camera_scrn1_dis.jpg

3DS_Camera_Merge_scrn2_dis.jpg

3DS_ARgames_02scrn02_Ev_dis.jpg

3DS_ARgames_01scrn1_Ev_dis.jpg

3DS_ActivityL_EU02scrn02_Ev_dis.jpg

3DS_ActivityL_EU01scrn01_Ev_dis.jpg

Kenka

Indeed.

The chicks were fine too ;) Too bad there is nothing regarding the 3D movie trailers which are supposed to be available on the 3DS too.

Kenka

Ocarina of Time looked unbelievable graphically.

It's amazing to see how clean and smooth the game was. I was extremely impressed. But the best showcase was Dead or Alive. "Holy" and "shit" put in successive order were the best words to describe what you saw on the screen.

[Nintex]

Kenka said:
It's amazing to see how clean and smooth the game was. I was extremely impressed. But the best showcase was Dead or Alive. "Holy" and "shit" put in successive order were the best words to describe what you saw on the screen.
It could easily be mistaken for DOA4, especially if you turned down the 3D and it ran at 60fps.

@Jarosh, I think those are old.

Vic said:

Just hook the 3DS directly to my veins!

PounchEnvy said:
What? That's got to be pre-rendered. Or are you surprised that it's such a cheap game.
I don't think it's prerendered at all, that would look dumb with the water like that. The rest might be prerendered, but I'd bet the water is realtime.

ooh, vs download play! I assume that means off of one cart?

but then it says that local play wireless requires one cart per player.

but why would local play and download play be two different things?

I'm confused

I am assuming the local play has more stuff available, like the full roster, etc, whereas download play is limited to what you can pick, kind of like mario kart ds, etc.

I see Nintendo is taking a page out of Sony and MS's book for their online/local number of players book.

JodyAnthony said:

I'm confused

Local play means each person has a cart.
Download play means only one does.
Though you can share the game with multiple people and they can fight eachother without having the game.

JodyAnthony said:

I'm confused

That's pretty much it, the difference is whether all players need a cart or not.

AceBandage said:
I see Nintendo is taking a page out of Sony and MS's book for their online/local number of players book.

I noticed, and in all honesty, I love the look of it all, nicely done, from both Capcom and Nintendo's side. :D

Also, I guess they;re retiring the NWC logo? Probably for the best I guess, though it makes knowing online earlier harder to tell.

rpmurphy

Also, I think Ono said some time ago that download play would limit the character selection to Ryu or something for the receiver. It's not a full-fledged VS mode whereas local play is.

Top Bottom