• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 1UP show. Episode 9 (HIDEO KOJIMA! X360 Japan stuff too.)

raYne

DenogginizerOS said:
I just think Kojima's reasons for doing MGS4 on PS3 are NOT related to the system specs when you consider he has stated the X360 and PS3 are not that far apart AND he has used MGS4's trailer to state that his game is the key to winning the next console war.
While I do agree that both resources and making the best game for the fans factor into it being exclusive, IGN has an article up (1up's credited as the source) which gives further incite into the subject.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/676/676685p1.html
December 16, 2005 - In a recent Web interview with Hideo Kojima, the master of all things Metal Gear Solid explained that creating Metal Gear Solid 4 is technically possible on Xbox 360.

Kojima said with the exception of nuances or small details, the power of next generation hardware (and the PC) no longer provides the technical restrictions they did before. Kojima also explained in a sideways manner why the Xbox never saw a version of Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater. He explained that he has no grudge or dislike for the Xbox or Xbox 360, but last year he and his team had their hands full with MGS3. Other Konami teams, he said, were able to get their hands on the Xbox 360 tools before him. It's his philosophy that he wants to be first, not second on the early development for a system, which is why he chose PS3.

When IGN contacted Konami America today, the representative said, "there are no new developments or news to share about any Metal Gear products coming to Xbox or 360."

We'll relay any new MGS3 or MGS4 news if and when possible.

Source: 1up.com.
Seems pride is a factor as well.

Akia

I can't believe I forgot to say this. I always download the large QT file.

THANK YOU FOR THE WIDESCREEN! It makes a big difference.

hyp

another great show guys! milky rocks and should definitely make some guest appearances in the upcoming shows.

holy shit that japanese dude w/ the green gumball was awesome. the most outgoing japanese guy (from Japan) i've seen in a while.

Macam

Banned
For those comparing the intern antics to X-Play's, I highly encourage you to go back and watch an episode of X-Play. It just doesn't compare; X-Play just throws everything at you constantly, and it comes off as extremely obnoxious despite their occasional laughs. 1Up's show kinda reminds me of Extended Play, back when it was subdued and more casual. I think the 1Up peeps have a pretty good grip on their style to know that that's not it.

So far, I'm really liking the show and I'm glad that, as someone who still hasn't play MGS3 (waiting for Subsistence at this point), I didn't have to endure any spoilers. Also, just wanted to throw another nod to the music; good stuff.

+1 Milky's satchel. Wish they sold that stuff here.

Macam said:
For those comparing the intern antics to X-Play's, I highly encourage you to go back and watch an episode of X-Play. It just doesn't compare; X-Play just throws everything at you constantly, and it comes off as extremely obnoxious despite their occasional laughs. 1Up's show kinda reminds me of Extended Play, back when it was subdued and more casual. I think the 1Up peeps have a pretty good grip on their style to know that that's not it.

So far, I'm really liking the show and I'm glad that, as someone who still hasn't play MGS3 (waiting for Subsistence at this point), I didn't have to endure any spoilers. Also, just wanted to throw another nod to the music; good stuff.

+1 Milky's satchel. Wish they sold that stuff here.
LOL no Spoiler Theater..... :D

shpankey

not an idiot
elostyle said:
shpankey said:
It would be cool to see you guys having casual gaming chats with each other in really random and different locations. Like on the top floor of a building, on the side of a hill, in a resaraunt, in a parc... just a new random place each time, just to be different and to have interesting backdrops. :)
As far as I'm concerned that'salready what they do.

"wtf why are they talking about games there out of all places" :lol

Yeah, they do it, I know (and I like it) but what I mean is, I would really like to see them get kinda crazy with it, so it could be like a running joke: "where on earth are they gonna talk about game next :lol " type of thing. like, take it to the extreme's... talking about games in a bus, on the subway, out in the desert, on a mountain, etc. i also love seeing the people walk by with the "wtf" looks on their faces.

also want to reiterate how much i loved that japanese launch... seing that crazy dude was hilarious, i loved how he kept giving us the thumbs up and spoke broken engrish. :lol

Insertia

chespace said:
Hey buddy, I know it's a long thread so I'll just post it again:

http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3146425

Full Kojima interview. KOJIMA YOURSELF TO DEATH.

bow.gif

miyuru

Hey just wanted to say the show's great, and to keep it up! Mielke's hilarious, and Che reminds me a lot of one of my friends haha.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
BenjaminBirdie said:
Anyone figured out why this one is not iPod Video compatible?

Hmm, I'll have someone look into it. What exactly is the problem? (Sorry, I don't own an iPod.)

Rlan

1up show has been pretty good, didn't like the Kojima episode though, seemed pretty lame to me :\

What I DO want from 1up is a weekly video containing about 1 1/2 minutes of footage from EVERY new video, preview or review game from EVERY console, simply put in as a clips package. Watching the last few episosde of the 1up show made me realise I haven't looked up almost ANYTHING on the Xbox 360. The video they had in it of PD0 was the first I had downloaded for the game. I hadn't seen anything about CTC either until the video.

Having a clip collection like that would get a lot of smaller games, and other games in general, a good look at. I hadn't seen anything on MGS3:S, and didn't realise it had multiplayer until the video either.

THIS would be awesome, and should be done, dammit! :(

PS: The only scripted gaming show worth noting is Australia's original "The ZONE" show. They had a Crazy SF2 Guile Doll that could control minds! :lol :lol

ourumov

Wow, very good one entry...Perhaps too much focussed on Japan (and this comes from a pro-Japan freak) but pretty good.

chespace said:
Hmm, I'll have someone look into it. What exactly is the problem? (Sorry, I don't own an iPod.)

Well, I'm not exactly sure why, but episodes 1-8 work fine on my Video iPod, but Ep. 9 has not been properly encoded for it. I'm not 100% sure how that happens.

Just watched this through, great stuff. 1up show is the best thing on the commercial gaming sites right now by far. I think what's amazing is that it doesn't seem nearly as long as it is. For something on the internet to hold my attention for 30 min is pretty amazing...

DCharlie

Banned
che, any thoughts about doing a pod cast? I'm a bit out of the loop, so perhaps you already have one (?)

There is a distinct lack of a good gaming pod cast at the moment, and i'm sure people would be all over a 1up podcast.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
DCharlie said:
che, any thoughts about doing a pod cast? I'm a bit out of the loop, so perhaps you already have one (?)

There is a distinct lack of a good gaming pod cast at the moment, and i'm sure people would be all over a 1up podcast.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3146453

This is last Friday's audio podcast... also on the page is a link to the 1UP Radio shows.

Check 'em out, and let us know what you think DC.

The 1up Show saved my life. Not really, but seeing some reviewers whose reviews I've grown up reading is pretty awesome. Keep up the awesome work, guys.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Remedy said:
Anyone find the humour pretty painful though?

*raises hand*

As stated, it's a little too similar to X-play's style of "comedy". But other than that, it's great.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
chespace said:
I have a Japanese wife and I can't speak it either. :'(

Hi Che :)

Hope you mind my curiousity but what's the "status" on Kimi? Is she available? She's a hottie :D

Top Bottom