• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No tree animation in GTA V on PS4/Xone?

I think its more of a problem that rain does not splash on your windshield, or that you cant use windshield wipers in a storm, makes me so relaxed in games....but thats what pc mods are for

red731

I think its more of a problem that rain does not splash on your windshield, or that you cant use windshield wipers in a storm, makes me so relaxed in games....but thats what pc mods are for

This too. Like, you fiddle with 1st person to such extent to not have this in?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
...in the mean time, the animation animation is pretty good.

wdqlsz.gif
Lol did they add new ones to the remaster? I loved those things.

Good lord some of these posts...
They're awful posts either way because jumping in full-defense-force mode into a thread where a bug(?) is simply pointed out is just silly: Nobody is saying that your favourite game isn't worth playing just because of this strange omission. If it doesn't bother you, why not stay away from this thread?

Yes, the shit-posting in this thread is a prime example why this forums sucks sometimes. People are more busy to get in a witty remark/knee jerk reaction than to actually read and understand the thread.

But I will also never understand OPs that do not update and just run from the thread.

Kssio_Aug

I was epecting much more from this port. It doesnt sound to me a big difference overall from the last gen versions. Thank god I did not pre-order it.

Btw, not only for the trees. The frame rate issues and the GTA Online upgrades were no big deal.

xion4360

If fucking tree sway animations are what they didn't deliver on and are the most of our worries. I'd say R* is pretty good for that.

There's not a whole lot of new content in the game, so for the most part this is a visual upgrade..to not have the visuals match what was presented a week before launch is a problem...thankfully its just this and aside from the tree animations it looks great and what was expected.

still..

Rockstar needs to address this somehow.

-griffy-

Banned
I was epecting much more from this port. It doesnt sound to me a big difference overall from the last gen versions. Thank god I did not pre-order it.

Btw, not only for the trees. The frame rate issues and the GTA Online upgrades were no big deal.

This is funny because swaying trees or no, this is a MASSIVE difference, easily the biggest upgrade we've seen in a remaster this gen. It features the usuals you'd expect in 1080p, better framerate (which is categorically improved over the last gen versions in every way even if it isn't always perfect 30), higher res textures, etc, but goes so far beyond that. You have much higher poly models in everything from cars and characters to random unimportant tree stumps in the middle of the desert. You have much higher detailed tree/foliage models. You have not only higher res textures, but extensive use of POM (parallax occlusion mapping) on those textures to give depth to everything from cut grass, damaged vehicles, snow/sand and almost every ground surface, to assets you wouldn't even see often like tiles on a roof. Perhaps the most extensive use of the effect we've seen in a game on these systems yet. Also increased shadow resolution, more light sources rendering much further into the distance, volumetric lighting causing light shafts when sunlight cuts into shadowed areas, better atmospheric lighting. Then of course the first person perspective with hundreds of new/unique animations and hand/gun models, and things like every car having a highly detailed "cockpit" view.

It's a massive upgrade.

heyf00L

I'm guessing this is a glitch. I remember in Wave Race: Blue Storm that on Sunny Island when it was sunny, the reflections were inexplicably turned off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv3ccJxbYHI

But if you played with party cloudy weather, which wasn't much different than sunny, the reflections worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Tn0XhTxFE

So these things happen.

Edit: actually I don't see reflections on cloudy either. They definitely show up on stormy tho: http://youtu.be/Iueek0npTN8?t=6m16s No other level had this problem.

shandy706

The amount of detail and the level of the upgrade is mindblowing.

I know no other way to put it. One of my best friends, who had the 360 version and poured 80+ hours into it, went out THE NEXT DAY, after playing it at my house, and bought an X1 just for the upgrade.

Wasp

They should bring back the sea foam from the last-gen versions too. I think the water in the current-gen version actually looks a little worse due to the lack of it.

Bashtee

I'm guessing this is a glitch. I remember in Wave Race: Blue Storm that on Sunny Island when it was sunny, the reflections were inexplicably turned off.

Right in dem feels. Now I want to play Wave Race again.

I hope we see some updates. Would be nice.

maybe it was a last minute cut for stability...

frame rate is pretty good in Chiliad compared to Vinewood though, i'm sure it could handle tree animation

red731

I know I will keep annoying Rockstar with it.

You are doing gods of sway work, schennmu.
Please keep it up.

Since this was in their trailer earlier, I think this is a bug. Hopefully they will push the patch out soon and maybe even adding hood cam to it.

fixuis

i refuse to buy shit with my hard earned money thats a downgrade from the previous gen. Will not buy until patched.

Raitaro

Any word from R* yet????

Yeah!!?? Verbal overreaction aside, I do hope they will at least admit to it soon - or even better, mention that they're working on a patch to fix it.

I know some (even many) might find this ridiculous, but the lack of tree animation actually has put me off from buying a GTAV + PS4 bundle for now. I hate it when graphical (or any type of) features are removed from games, especially those that help create immersion and those that make the game world feel alive. To me those features are vital when looking at any game from a world building and artistic perspective, which I tend to do all the time. I really hope Rockstar will acknowledge and fix this problem - they are the masters of detail and world building after all, so it would make no sense to essentially remove wind and live foliage from their game.

Edit:
Originally a R* rep replied saying they knew about it and were looking into it.

I see, so they have at least acknowledged it. Good. Any source on this original Rockstar reply?

Raitaro

If it's advertised as in the game, it's not an overreaction for me to demand satisfaction. Give me my fucking swaying trees. Patch that shit.

Yeah I actually fully agree. I wasn't criticizing you actually, just hinting at your/my use of all those question/exclamation marks. Games should have what was being advertised, or keep what they had in older versions (save for rare exceptions involving game breaking things). I want my moving trees (back) too!!!!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Originally a R* rep replied saying they knew about it and were looking into it.
Oh ok good. Bright side is that they delivered on the huge amounts of foliage.
I fucking love foliage in games.

Doolz

Banned
I went back and watched the PC and console reveal trailer and noticed trees swaying. They say it was running on PS4... uh huh.

I find it hard to believe this is a "bug".

I'm a little confused as one of the first cut scenes with Micheal and Franklin at his pool had a wind effect

There clothes and Micheals hair was blowing in the wind

eso76

They should bring back the sea foam from the last-gen versions too. I think the water in the current-gen version actually looks a little worse due to the lack of it.

Yep. I didn't know what it was at first but I immediately thought I wasn't as impressed with the sea as I was with x360 version. There is foam, just not as convincing.

As for the trees, I'm guessing they hadn't finished working on swaying animations for all kinds of trees in the game and it will be patched in soon.

Top Bottom