• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Would like to see original Crackdown added, of course. I have fond memories of randomly buying it super cheap when I got my 360 and enjoying it way more than I expected.

EvB

Code:
* 		state: "Online",
* 		devices: 
[
{
        * 		type: "XboxOne",
        * 		titles: 
[
{
                * 		id: 714681658,
                * 		name: "Home",
                * 		placement: "Full",
                * 		state: "Active",
                * 		lastModified: "2016-01-05"
            * 		}
        * 		]
    * 		},
{
        * 		type: "Xbox360",
        * 		titles: 
[
{
                * 		id: 1313671226,
                * 		name: "Dark Souls™",
            * 		}
        * 		]
    * 		}
* 		]
}

Code:
* 		state: "Online",
* 		devices: 
[
{
        * 		type: "XboxOne",
        * 		titles: 
[
{
                * 		id: 714681658,
                * 		name: "Home",
            * 		}
        * 		]
    * 		},
{
        * 		type: "Xbox360",
        * 		titles: 
[
{
                * 		id: 1313671226,
                * 		name: "Dark Souls™",
            * 		}
        * 		]
    * 		}
* 		]
}

Let's hope it's finally happening. I have to do another run.

sam777

I would be very happy if Dark Souls is in this months update. I am going through Dark Souls 2 SotFS atm and loving it.

im_dany

That effects RDR how?

I was just pointing out how your examples don't count as a "remaster after 7 years", except maybe for Halo 3/4 inside the MCC.

Still, I can see them remastering it seeing the demand, same as Skyrim and Modern Warfare games. It would mean more money and from both Xbox and PS users.

New XB1 owner here, who do I have to beg for Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Tales of Vesperia to be added? Anything else I can do beside voting?

Synth

I was just pointing out how your examples don't count as a "remaster after 7 years", except maybe for Halo 3/4 inside the MCC.

Still, I can see them remastering it seeing the demand, same as Skyrim and Modern Warfare games. It would mean more money and from both Xbox and PS users.

Halo 3 would be (7 years), but Halo 4 wouldn't.
Halo 2 would be also... it's not a remake, it's a remaster, you can switch to the original graphics on the fly.
Halo CE also would be for the same reason (but initially after 10 years on Xbox 360).

In Rare Replay, GbtG would be, but also Perfect Dark and the Banjo games were remastered after more than 7 years on the 360. which is what Rare Replay's actually bundling.

Out of that list, only Gears is a remake... and to be honest, I'm not even sure how much of distinction this actually is for the sake of this argument... maybe instead of a RDR remaster, there'd be a faithful remake like Gears? Would still be basically the same thing.

Jumper was talking about doubting R* is working on rereleasing a 7 year old game, I pointed out games older than that got rereleased within the past 2 years and if they were remakes so what? That would imply more effort put into to these older games then if it was just remasters right? Which was also part of jumper's argument.

Mr. Frostback

Neo Member
I'd love to see Child of Eden and Ninja Gaiden 2 done with BC.

Optimally, there'd be an XBox One version of CoE (I realize Kinect features aren't handled by the BC process).

CoE was the most unique video game I'd ever played. It was like touching the future.

New XB1 owner here, who do I have to beg for Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Tales of Vesperia to be added? Anything else I can do beside voting?

I haven't kept up with the thread, but I know the initial issue on Lost Odyssey was they were having problems with multi-disc games, and I believe they mentioned when they figured it out, they would release Lost Odyssey.

Someone on my twitter said Judgment had an update that helped fix Framerate(?)

edit:
Battleblock Theater had a 490MB patch
Clash of Heroes 513MB
Defense Grid 646MB
Dirt 3 579MB
Dungeon Siege 3 507MB
Flashpoint Dragon Rising 563MB
Shadow Complex 615MB

Someone on my twitter said Judgment had an update that helped fix Framerate(?)

edit:
Battleblock Theater had a 490MB patch
Clash of Heroes 513MB
Defense Grid 646MB
Dirt 3 579MB
Dungeon Siege 3 507MB

Not sure if it's accurate (it generally is), but my 'last updated' sorting of games shows Doom II, Ikaruga, Fallout 3, Pac-Man CE DX+, Hexic HD, Ms. Splosion Man and Heavy Weapon got updates over the last couple days, too.

Some of the rare replay games also got updated like kameo, jetpack refueled, perfect dark zero, the viva piñata games

Also super meat boy.

Seems they're rolling out a huge BC update today

muzzymate

Not sure if it's accurate (it generally is), but my 'last updated' sorting of games shows Doom II, Ikaruga, Fallout 3, Pac-Man CE DX+, Hexic HD, Ms. Splosion Man and Heavy Weapon got updates over the last couple days, too.

Same with Monkey Island and Mirror's Edge for me.

Chris1

If I sort by recently updated, will games I've recently installed appear as "updated" or does it actually have to get an update first for it to be pushed to the front? If so, my previous list that I edited out might have been wrong. I recently reinstalled a few BC games might be why they're showing up among other BC titles.

If I sort by recently updated, will games I've recently installed appear as "updated" or does it actually have to get an update first for it to be pushed to the front? If so, my previous list that I edited out might have been wrong. I recently reinstalled a few BC games might be why they're showing up among other BC titles.

Anything that gets an update moves to the front space just as any fresh install does. Seems to be consistent as long as 'instant-on' or standby mode is active, anyway.

Chris1

Doom 2 also got updated, even though it ran fine. I guess they did updated the emulator.

Wonder if this means we will get few big titles this month. Monthly updates start back this month too, so we might see the 360 store being integrated with X1 aswell.

nadnerb 64

Neo Member
I know that I used this in order to play The Stick of Truth. I bought it on a sale because when it came out I had sold my 360 for the One. This let me play this sleeper hit, cause this game was awesome. I can't wait for The Witcher 2 either

I know that I used this in order to play The Stick of Truth. I bought it on a sale because when it came out I had sold my 360 for the One. This let me play this sleeper hit, cause this game was awesome. I can't wait for The Witcher 2 either

I want to use my One to finish playing my save of The Stick of Truth, but even though I copied over my saves and I can see them to load, when I try to load them it says save file not found or something like that.

Top Bottom