• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rabbids Go Home: New Adventure game for Wii.

Rabbids Go Home will have online features:
* Dedicated Rabbids Channel;
* Photo mode: during the game you can take some pics and then share them on the Rabbids Channel;
* Contest mode: you can share the rabbids you have created, and then view the creations of other players. There will also be contests like those on the Check Mii Out Channel;
* Online leaderboards where your score is represented by the height of your junk tower.

http://www.wiitalia.it/2009/09/16/rabbids-go-home-avra-funzionalita-online/lang/en/

Pennywise83 said:
* Photo mode: during the game you can take some pics and then share them on the Rabbids Channel;
* Contest mode: you can share the rabbids you have created, and then view the creations of other players. There will also be contests like those on the Check Mii Out Channel;
* Online leaderboards where your score is represented by the height of your junk tower.

http://www.wiitalia.it/2009/09/16/rabbids-go-home-avra-funzionalita-online/lang/en/
this sounds awesome! a dedicated channel, woah

Nicktals

Banned
Pennywise83 said:

Oh sounds awesome. This game definitely looks right up my alley...going to have to wait for reviews, as I can see the main gameplay being fairly hit or miss...But I dig the premise, the characters, and the effort.

Stitch

Gold Member
24m5fli.gif

That level 1 playthrough...its hard to watch. Currently half way through and not sure if Ill make it to the end. Love the personality, but that shit looks pretty bad. Not only that, but the controls "look" like they are terrible from the snappy movements from that video. Hopefully it was the player, but either way, that shit looks bad.

abstract alien said:
That level 1 playthrough...its hard to watch. Currently half way through and not sure if Ill make it to the end. Love the personality, but that shit looks pretty bad. Not only that, but the controls "look" like they are terrible from the snappy movements from that video. Hopefully it was the player, but either way, that shit looks bad.
I played it at GC and I can say the controls make the game fun. It it a directional control scheme, meaning if you press left, you move left. But it has this perfect sliding and drifting feeling. Just going round in circles by rotating the stick is fun. Kinda like some of the games in Mario Party control, but more direct.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
abstract alien said:

It's level 1. Someone on this board played it at E3 and said the first level they played was pretty boring, but checked it out a second time and got to play a different level which was a lot more fun.

I have a feeling this might be the kind of game that gets better as it throws more difficult and unique ideas at you. The first few levels will probably be pretty straight forward and, considering the game's concept, feel pretty bland.

Fingers crossed because I love me some Rabbids!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
G.O.O. said:
About the gameplay, do we know what is the innovative feature Ubi was talking about, for the wiimote ? Or is it just the rabbid editor ?

It was the Rabbid editor. Not that I'm disappointed.

G.O.O.

It's cool if you're into this sort of thing, yup. But I wouldn't call it "technologically revolutionary" like they did :p

Well, this game seems to have completely dropped off everyone's radar despite coming out in just over a week. I guess it could have something to do with the fact that there hasn't been much new media since TGS. Anyone planning to pick this one up at launch? I'm waiting for more impressions before considering it, but the back half of this walkthrough on gametrailers gives me some hope for the game:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-rabbids-go/56829

I'm glad to see some actual platforming is making its way into the game. That was a major concern of mine. Right now IGN has it listed at a MSRP of $39.99, but it seems to be in the $50 range at online retailers. Not sure if that's the smartest move on Ubi's part all things considered...

Also, I noticed this was recently uploaded to gametrailers. Not sure if it's new or not:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/failed-attempt-rabbids-go/58056

As usual with the Rabbids the cutscenes are pretty good if nothing else. :lol

bridegur said:
It's a shame we're getting this instead of a new Rayman game. Or BG&E.
I don't disagree, but at least this is a major step up from the Raving Rabbid games. I can't for the life of me figure out why this was considered a more marketable product than a new full fledged Rayman game though.

Hiltz

Rabbids Go Home is getting more ridiculous every time I see something new about it and that's a good thing!

AniHawk

I hope this thing lasts longer than 5 hours, or that there's a lot of replayability.

I would have loved BGE2 or Rayman 4 instead, but this is gonna be good.

Vagabundo

hatchx said:
Elaborate

Nothing that interesting really: I decided to play through the backlog of games i own rather than buy new games to add to the backlog.

But this game is what I wanted the origina rayman-wiil game to be about; I just love their hill-billy little faces.

erlim said:
I don't like the fact Rayman is buried deep deep on ubisoft's bench.

Rayman can go to hell, the rabbids have more personality than he ever had.

Shiggy

First reviews. (brackets are there to get an idea of their other review scores, not to think that they are incredibly harsh)

German magazine MANIAC: 47 % [DS: 55 %] (Dead Space Extinction got 87 %, Assassin's Creed 92 % and Brütal Legend 80 %)

Consol.AT: 72% / 60% (Dead Space: 82%/ 84%, Brütal Legend: 82%/ 80%, Uncharted 2: 93%/ 91%)

Top Bottom