• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope | Review Thread

Bragr

Banned
But the main story mode though... it's too babyish and I know I'm playing a Nintendo game but Nintendo themselves know how to not go too far in this regard and make it feel like a game for everyone. Ubisoft don't.
I'm not sure why anyone would be interested in a poor mans open world with boring puzzles.
Yeah they really could have made some more interesting puzzles, it's so simplistic it does feel patronizing to play this as an adult at times.

The biggest issue I am running into is that the game struggles to engage me, it doesn't make me think, you run into battles over and over, but in 95% of them, you don't need to pay attention, Luigi's and Mario's overwatch abilities are so OP they annihilate everything. Reminds me of Final Fantasy, where you know you gonna win the battle before it even starts.

I like the game though, but it's a game you should play slowly, if you sit for long stretches and play, the high frequency of simple battles over and over wears you out.

And why didn't they introduce Bowser earlier?

mcjmetroid

Yeah they really could have made some more interesting puzzles, it's so simplistic it does feel patronizing to play this as an adult at times.

The biggest issue I am running into is that the game struggles to engage me, it doesn't make me think, you run into battles over and over, but in 95% of them, you don't need to pay attention, Luigi's and Mario's overwatch abilities are so OP they annihilate everything. Reminds me of Final Fantasy, where you know you gonna win the battle before it even starts.

I like the game though, but it's a game you should play slowly, if you sit for long stretches and play, the high frequency of simple battles over and over wears you out.

And why didn't they introduce Bowser earlier?
Yes it's a little too easy as well. I'm on the hardest difficulty and refusing to buy items from the shop.

I do like the game overall as well. I may be quite hard on it but it's like the paper Mario situation since thousand year door.. instead of improving the parts the game was good at . They change tack entirely.

Top Bottom