• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) = November, Mario Kart 7 (3DS) = Dec in North America/Japan

Truth101

Banned
MCXC Pioneer said:
Derp, look at the 3DS install base
In december when it releases go back and compare it to the Wii/DS install base when Mario Kart released on them. It will keep selling for the next 6 years or longer.

Lord Ghirahim said:
Zelda getting released in October would explain NoE's sudden decision to push up Xenoblade.
I like thinking it was to highlight even more the incompetence of NoA, but that reason is also nice.

Eh, does it really matter what the name is? I mean it's still a new Mario Kart. Even if it was called Mario Kart Ponies I'd still buy it.

Majine

Banned
StickSoldier said:
Eh, does it really matter what the name is? I mean it's still a new Mario Kart. Even if it was called Mario Kart Ponies I'd still buy it.
I'm sure a large portion of Gaf would aswell.

StickSoldier said:
Even if it was called Mario Kart Ponies I'd still buy it.
Hell, I would buy it even if they decided call it Mario Kartz and the Ubisoft logo appeared in the box.

No, probably not. Now I'm exaggerating.

Unai

Franchuzas87 said:
Hell, I would buy it even if they decided call it Mario Kartz and the Ubisoft logo appeared in the box.

No, probably not. Now I'm exaggerating.

You sure are.

Seda

We have hard dates now for these 2 games in NA, pretty sure these are new.

Super Mario 3D Land - November 13
Mario Kart 7 - December 4

Source

Effect

Seda said:

Source
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has to be October then if that's the case. Different system yeah but better to have those titles near the big holidays to move 3DS units.

Man, the longer I wait, the more I get excited for Mario 3D Land. I REALLY hope this game has the same quality to it that the Galaxy games do.

Shiggy

Effect said:
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has to be October then if that's the case. Different system yeah but better to have those titles near the big holidays to move 3DS units.

They are aiming for a November 25th release in Europe. And Mario Land 3D is releasing together with Halo Remake, so they don't really care...

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Effect said:
Zelda is not October.

Truth101

Banned
Shiggy said:
They are aiming for a November 25th release in Europe. And Mario Land 3D is releasing together with Halo Remake, so they don't really care...

Mario is bigger than Halo, so why does it matter?

Effect

Shiggy said:

Didn't realize talk had already started regarding it's release date. Nevermind then.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Seda said:

Source
Bah, I'll gearing up for finals around the MK7's release. Wait it out or flunk out of college

Seda

Actually, looks like the dates are unofficial. MTV Multiplayer updated the article.

UPDATE: Nintendo reps initially gave us specific release dates for "Super Mario 3D Land" and "Mario Kart 7." Those dates have since been deemed "unofficial." Currently the only official release time-frames are November for "Super Mario 3D Land" and December for "Mario Kart 7."

Nintendo Everything says the same thing.

:(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
[Nintex] said:
Those Nintendo reps will probably lose their jobs and Nintendo will move up those dates just because they leaked.

I don't know about the movement of the dates, but we can already say goodbye to those reps.

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
Not sure if this was posted, but here is the Super Mario 3D Land official logo:

5ajn08.jpg

Also, old trailer with the new logo is HERE.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
TyRaNtM said:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6199/supermario3dlandlogo.png[IMG]

Also, old trailer with the new logo is [B][URL="http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/VnTS_u2DBaJ5N-PXEJC-gWWMkSC5Rixm"]HERE[/URL][/B].[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't really get people saying the game looks uninspired. Rewatching that trailer I absolutely can't wait for this.

weeaboo

TyRaNtM said:

[IMGhttp://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6199/supermario3dlandlogo.png[/IMG]

Also, old trailer with the new logo is HERE.

I like it :)

Seda

TyRaNtM said:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6199/supermario3dlandlogo.png[IMG]

Also, old trailer with the new logo is [B][URL="http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/VnTS_u2DBaJ5N-PXEJC-gWWMkSC5Rixm"]HERE[/URL][/B].[/QUOTE]

I like it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I would have preferred something with an inclined block, in order to see two faces of it, and in order to put 3 on one face and D on the other. :(
Not bad, however, but Mario Kart's one is superior.

3D Land logo gets me excited. :D

Mario Kart logo doesn't, I know the game will be great though so I don't care. :p

Mario Karts have had terrible covers for the last 2 so not expecting that to change.

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
AlexMeloche said:
Awesome logo. Also, did I just see some Tanooki Goomba in the trailer? Never noticed them before!

Well, in the main games Tanooki Goombas are new, but, in Mario & Luigi, there are Tanooki Goombas like enemies, named Tanoombas.
Tanoomba.png

Top Bottom