• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[MS-Conf] The Halo 4 E3 Campaign Reveal

The only thing that bothered me about the demo is that it seemed a bit easy. The guy hardly moved at all and was killing everything. I hope the finished game isnt like that...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing that bothered me about the demo is that it seemed a bit easy. The guy hardly moved at all and was killing everything. I hope the finished game isnt like that...
I'm pretty sure the final game won't be an E3 demo. :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Did Microsoft give 343 low level access to the 360's hardware?
Thank based Corrine Yu:

O3HTA.jpg

As well as the rest of the super team at 343.

Bullza2o

Surely you don't want Master Chief to die 10 times before he finishes the demo?

Killer

Banned
amazing trailer! I totally wasn't expecting this kind of quality. Graphics, weapons, enemies were all great. Super hyped now.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Have you ever seen a live presentation of a game before? This is always the case. Come on now.

Just think about the last time you saw a demostrator die or let alone take damage in a presentation before.

Muffdraul

I just kicked over my 17 yr old Bungie shrine and am drawing up blueprints for a 343 shrine.

Actually I'm just fapping to these gifs.

golem

Weird that they didn't end the show with this, would have made the conference slightly better.

Yeah when Mattrick was saying, 'well we started with Halo so we should end with'.. I was hoping for more Halo but we got crappy BLOPS instead.

S1kkZ

judging from the b-roll videos, that shitty framerate stutter from anniversary seems to be back...
fuck, i really hope this game runs with solid 30 fps.

campaign gameplay looked amazing, love the new enemies.

All demos look like that.

Not really, the Tomb Raider one for example had a lot of non stop action and there seemed to be more of a "struggle" from the guy playing even tho he probably cant die anyway. But the enemies still seemed fierce. In the Halo one, he seemed to have it on "enemies hardly shoot back" which makes it look a little too easy even for a demo.

Booshka

Not digging that spray and melee gameplay still looks stupidly easy and effective in MP. Game looks good though, FoV is cramped, but it's the usual.

I don't recall ever walking along in a Halo game only to have the control taken away from me as something jumps on me and yells in my face. I might be mistaken.
Cinematic pause, happened a few times in Reach. Have you ever played that?

But seriously, you're trying to make some BS point about how this looks too "linear" when everyone with a half a brain knows that every reveal is like this to an extent.

MercuryLS

Banned
Looks like the 360 still has some untapped potential, it's nice to see some devs really push the machine. This really looks amazing.

GhaleonEB

Updated OP with youtube B-roll videos.

Spartan Ops and Campaign will keep me happy, regardless of what happens with MP.

AlStrong

You're a fool if you think that screenshot doesn't have added AA and AF that won't be there in the actual game. It was the same with all previous halo games, they add a ton of AA and AF on the photo they release.

On a new console you could actually have that level of AA and AF though.

The original is native 2560x1440 with FXAA.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I've watched the MP B-roll video over and over again now at direct-feed 720p.

Day one, sorry to have ever doubted you guys.

GhaleonEB

OP updated with xbox.com and Waypoint links; Waypoint has 10 total images, including those in the OP and some new ones.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Anyone else want to strangle who ever kept panning out to the silhouette of the guy playing the demo instead of keeping with the direct feed?

Drove me fucking nuts.

Striker

But seriously, you're trying to make some BS point about how this looks too "linear" when everyone with a half a brain knows that every reveal is like this to an extent.
If he's talking about the Cortana thing from Halo 3, I agree. That stuff was garbage.

That said, the stuff from campaign, Spartan Ops, and MP looks great. Excited to see more.

Mr. Sam

I vaguely recall that.

No, don't put words in my mouth. I think the action shows plenty of potential for inventiveness and creativity; I'm just concerned that I'll be forced to stand there and watch if anything too spectacular happens.

Fabrik

Banned
Yep it looked very good :)
I'm a bit over Halo, after the first one, all the following campaigns disappointed me. They were just ok to run through once. From what I saw, I liked the new enemies (catching the grenade was cool), the story could become interesting again, the level felt alien enough, I hope the vistas are even more out of this world later on. Wait & see. Probably not day 1 anymore. I know it's a shooter but I want more gameplay besides shooting and driving.

Top Bottom