• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanphare

Banned
Can't decide whom to start between Bernard and Stewart in PPR. Kind of leaning to Bernard though.

tough call. on paper stewart has the better match up. the colts defense is horrible. but with cam taking a lot of the workload and cam and tolbert taking most of the goal line runs it's a tough call. I'd still probably go stewart. gio only has 2 touchdowns on the season and stewart will probably get more yards. also stewart could break away for a score against the colts so you might not even need those goal line looks. basically I think gio is good for about 60-70 yards on the ground and maybe 20 through the air if he actually gets some targets and stewart is good for 100+ yards on the ground.

edit: missed the PPR. if it's .5 PPR I'd probably still go stewart. if it's 1 PPR I'd probably go with gio.

Would you guys start LaFell tonight?

My other two WRs are:

Julio
James Jones

My other options for flex, where LaFell will slot in at are:
Theo Riddick
Tavon Austin
Kamar Aiken.

Scheft reporting Randle could be suspended multiple games for violation of NFL conduct policy. Now would be a good time to snag McFadden and/or Micheals.

My other two WRs are:

Julio
James Jones

Theo Riddick
Tavon Austin
Kamar Aiken.

Either Lafell or Austin. I would maybe gamble with Lafell... he can't have another bad game can he??? I hope not because he's on my team too lol.

Hey friends! Any flex advice? .5 ppr 12-team

J. Hill vs. Pit

or

B. LaFell vs. NE (thursday night)

Toughie, I had Hill and traded him away because he was losing carries to Bernard. He seems to get the goaline work though.

Lafell is on a high powered offense but he has to catch the damn ball.

Flip a coin.

Hazelhurst

Lol someone just traded LeSean McCoy + Diggs + Witten + Peyton for Gronk in my league.

-_-

So basically, McCoy and Diggs for Gronk. I think the person losing Gronk needs one more top piece. Witten and Peyton don't cut it for me. Maybe add Jordan Reed/Tyler Eifert in there or someone comparable.

ACE 1991

I'm woefully thin at RB after Jamaal Charles tore his ACL, who should I put in my two RB slots?

Latavius Murray
Chandrick West
Darren McFadden
Ameer Abdullah

Currently I'm starting West and McFadden.

Hrm. Dion Lewis looks like he's playing. Should I sit Blount for Dwayne Harris? Kickoff yards count in my league.

Not unless you're convinced Dwayne Harris is going to score a lot of points. I've seen arguments for Miami having a weakness against rushers like Blount, and I'm willing to take the shot of Blount scoring 10-20+ versus Dwayne Harris and basically just praying he scores a return TD.

Not unless you're convinced Dwayne Harris is going to score a lot of points. I've seen arguments for Miami having a weakness against rushers like Blount, and I'm willing to take the shot of Blount scoring 10-20+ versus Dwayne Harris and basically just praying he scores a return TD.

He does OK with kickoff points + whatever catches he makes, but yeah, I like Blount. He's their goal line runner. Also, Dwayne already broke a return TD last week. That shit ain't happening again

D23

im feeling pretty good with my team

Cam Newton (QB)
Devonta Freeman (RB1)
Mark Ingram (RB2)
C.J Anderson (RB3.. what a bust)
Greg Olsen (TE)
A. Brown (WR1)
S. Diggs (WR2)
A. Hurns (WR3)
J. Matthews (WR4... what a bust)
C.Santos (K)
Green Bay (Def)

Ok, I have a situation where a guy in my Yahoo league did a waiver where he wanted to drop Davante Adams and pickup Richard Rodgers and instead dropped Eric Ebron for him. He says he was doing it on his phone and contacted me a couple hours after waivers processed.

As a Commish this is an interesting situation... Even on the Yahoo Fantasy Sports App when you make a waiver move you'll get a "do you want to do this" confirmation page before you actually submit it, and after it the waiver move showing the players involved shows up as pending on the queue for days. So basically there were two different times he could've realized his mistake, to me that falls more under correctable human error. Now my on stance on that would be "sorry, gotta be more careful and check your stuff", I mean this is a money league. However, I had forgotten to put a clear and definite resolution to situations like that in the League Charter. To be fair, I'm trying to poll people and Commissioners alike on how would you handle this?

Ok, I have a situation where a guy in my Yahoo league did a waiver where he wanted to drop Davante Adams and pickup Richard Rodgers and instead dropped Eric Ebron for him. He says he was doing it on his phone and contacted me a couple hours after waivers processed.

As a Commish this is an interesting situation... Even on the Yahoo Fantasy Sports App when you make a waiver move you'll get a "do you want to do this" confirmation page before you actually submit it, and after it the waiver move showing the players involved shows up as pending on the queue for days. So basically there were two different times he could've realized his mistake, to me that falls more under correctable human error. Now my on stance on that would be "sorry, gotta be more careful and check your stuff", I mean this is a money league. However, I had forgotten to put a clear and definite resolution to situations like that in the League Charter. To be fair, I'm trying to poll people and Commissioners alike on how would you handle this?

Move your Devante, lose your Devante- standard league rules. Next time he'll be more careful!

Ok, I have a situation where a guy in my Yahoo league did a waiver where he wanted to drop Davante Adams and pickup RIchard Rodgers and instead dropped Eric Ebron for him. He says he was doing it on his phone and contacted me an hour after waivers processed.

Did somebody get Ebron since then? If so case closed. Otherwise, I would allow the switch but charge a FAAB penalty (or waiver slot penalty). I mean, Yahoo makes you wade through several steps AND they have a reasonably good app you can use to check on your leagues.

Here's the thing. Berry and others will say "those are the rules, case closed." And for some leagues, that works. For me, I go with "the league should be fun, else wtf are we doing here?" So the letter of the law doesn't mean much to me. If a trade has no vetoes I'll push it in the morning instead of the evening before the game. If somebody screws up and helping them won't screw over the rest of the league, no worries.

One example I had of this in the preseason is a team missed our keeper declaration deadline. He had months to give me a list and just didn't get it done. So I texted him (he was travelling in Europe) and he gave me a list...4 hours late due to the time zone. So we decided to allow 3 out of the 4 keepers. It didn't hurt the draft, he did receive a penalty, and he could at least enjoy the start of a competitive season. This was a friends/coworkers keeper league, though.

In my case and yours, okay, money league, but is it somebody you plan on having in a league of yours again? I mean, just looking at FP I can see why the mistake was made, so OK, I guess. (I'm not happy about it - now I see I have a claim on the guy, but hey maybe I need help fixing something one day too.)

To be fair, I'm trying to poll people and Commissioners alike on how would you handle this?

is this his first time in the league/playing FF? i mean i can see how maaybe that it would be an accident...

but really thats his own fault. everyone else has money in on the league, they dont get 2nd chances... sucks for him but it'll be a lesson. you hand out one pass everyone will want one, and you wont be able to decifer which are honest or not. the person is an adult, they have to have some responsiblity for their actions and be held accountable.

sure he his money in the league but so do 11ish other people...and his move could have created a butterfly effect.

sorry dude. it's that person loss.

Did somebody get Ebron since then? If so case closed. Otherwise, I would allow the switch but charge a FAAB penalty (or waiver slot penalty). I mean, Yahoo makes you wade through several steps AND they have a reasonably good app you can use to check on your leagues.
Ebron still on waivers until Friday, so I need to resolve this fast.
Here's the thing. Berry and others will say "those are the rules, case closed." And for some leagues, that works. For me, I go with "the league should be fun, else wtf are we doing here?" So the letter of the law doesn't mean much to me. If a trade has no vetoes I'll push it in the morning instead of the evening before the game. If somebody screws up and helping them won't screw over the rest of the league, no worries.

One example I had of this in the preseason is a team missed our keeper declaration deadline. He had months to give me a list and just didn't get it done. So I texted him (he was travelling in Europe) and he gave me a list...4 hours late due to the time zone. So we decided to allow 3 out of the 4 keepers. It didn't hurt the draft, he did receive a penalty, and he could at least enjoy the start of a competitive season. This was a friends/coworkers keeper league, though.

In my case and yours, okay, money league, but is it somebody you plan on having in a league of yours again? I mean, just looking at FP I can see why the mistake was made, so OK, I guess. (I'm not happy about it - now I see I have a claim on the guy, but hey maybe I need help fixing something one day too.)
Fully understand. Right now the person in question isn't under any duress or out of country, that's what bugs me. And normally I would say "Sorry League Charter says tough luck" but I noticed I forgot to add that rule to it. So basically I'm taking the Democratic approach for this year and appealing to the masses. I mean next year guy is out of luck though.
Not only would I deny the switch, I'd pick up Ebron!
... you are cold, cold man.
is this his first time in the league/playing FF? i mean i can see how maaybe that it would be an accident...

but really thats his own fault. everyone else has money in on the league, they don't get 2nd chances... sucks for him but it'll be a lesson. you hand out one pass everyone will want one, and you wont be able to decipher which are honest or not. the person is an adult, they have to have some responsibility for their actions and be held accountable.

sure he his money in the league but so do 11ish other people...and his move could have created a butterfly effect.

sorry dude. it's that person loss.
He's a veteran.

Let's say I give him the player back... I'm trying to figure out FAAB penalties are crazymoogle suggested. $7 or half of what it cost to acquire the player (whatever is higher) sound fair?

I follow the logic this way: If the goal is to have around $10 left for the playoffs, 13 weeks of regular season x $7 = $91 FAAB dollars.
Pick 2 please

Latavius Murray
Jonathan Stewart
Jeremy Hill
Hill/JStew.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Pick 2 please

Latavius Murray
Jonathan Stewart
Jeremy Hill

Hill and Stewart. Murray is playing the Jets.

I say tough luck. better luck next time dude.

I'm woefully thin at RB after Jamaal Charles tore his ACL, who should I put in my two RB slots?

Latavius Murray
Chandrick West
Darren McFadden
Ameer Abdullah

Currently I'm starting West and McFadden.
West and McFadden is the right move. Even with the Cowboys playing seattle, Cassel will check down a ton to McFadden.

Hey friends! Any flex advice? .5 ppr 12-team

J. Hill vs. Pit

or

B. LaFell vs. NE (thursday night)
Hill

My other two WRs are:

Julio
James Jones

Theo Riddick
Tavon Austin
Kamar Aiken.
LaFell

Can't decide whom to start between Bernard and Stewart in PPR. Kind of leaning to Bernard though.
Bernard for sure.

BlueSteel

Got a question for you guys and gals:

I'm in a work-league where the distribution of teams is pretty top heavy. I was a former Charles owner who swung a deal for forte and ended up with the team below:

QB: Brady, Bortles
WR: Hopkins, Edelman, Cooper, Jeffery, Diggs
RB: Forte, Forsett, Woodhead
TE: Barnridge

My main concern is that the second place team has the following:

QB: Brees, Cam
WR: A. Brown, OBJ, John Brown, Benjamin
RB: Freeman, Martin, Ivory
TE: Kelce

I've been trying really hard to swing for Forsett + Cooper for Bell. Do you think I should continue to press the Bell owner? I don't really feel like I have any major weaknesses but I'm trying to look ahead to the playoffs.

You don't need to pick up Peyton. What's your team look like? Are players like Diggs, Mcfadden availalbe?

Bump for my question. The trade offer is still on the table for him, want to know if I should just cancel the trade offer and stand pat.

JFunky

Can't decide which WR I trust more this week. Both have bad match ups.

TY Hilton vs Carolina or Amari Cooper vs NY Jets.

I need 1 of them. Going with Maclin and Decker in the other 2 spots. Which one should I choose?

I need 1 of them. Going with Maclin and Decker in the other 2 spots. Which one should I choose?

I'd go cooper. i dont hav emuch to back it up with though. just a feeling.

TYs hardest matchup so far was Jets in week 2. Carolina ranks more difficult. could be a weak night for him.

Cooper showed he can do pretty well against Den, and he crushed it against SD last week which has a great pass D too.

Bump for my question. The trade offer is still on the table for him, want to know if I should just cancel the trade offer and stand pat.
I feel this is an overpay sorta... but I have more experience judging 14-16 league trades.

Cooper is unbenchable right now IMHO. Really it comes down to who has more upside to me, and that's Cooper.

BlueSteel

Yea, I think I give up a lot for a slight upgrade in RB, but I can only start 3 WRs and even without Cooper I feel very good about it (especially with diggs on bench too.)

I'm going to echo cooper as well. Dude's a stud.

shit - with john brown being seriously questionable for sunday i'm being forced into putting lafell into a WR spot instead of my flex, due to the NE game tonight... I was on the fence between lafell and hill for flex this week.....praying lafell earns his spot tonight. i'll be fine with 7 pts even.

I need advice on who to start at my flex position this week guys.
Here are my choices:
McFadden
CJ Anderson
Gordon
D Johnson (Arizona)
Michael Floyd
Maclin

I was leaning towards McFadden but Im worried about him coming up against the Seahawks defense.

Tom Nook

I need advice on who to start at my flex position this week guys.
Here are my choices:
McFadden
CJ Anderson
Gordon
D Johnson (Arizona)
Michael Floyd
Maclin

I was leaning towards McFadden but Im worried about him coming up against the Seahawks defense.

My top 2 would be McFadden and Floyd. McFadden will be getting a lot of touches and Palmer is throwing to Floyd more over Fritz.

I would go with McFadden.

Mr Croft

Alright gaf I'm in a bit of a situation here. I really need to pull a win this week. For starters my season has been horrible. So far Jamaal Charles tears up his knee then Eddie lacy just becomes bust factory (maybe to harsh on him because of the ankle) and drew Brees not really holding his weight this season I have been in a slump out. So here is what I got going on this week.

Qb: Andy Dalton (my saving grace)
Rb: Giovani Benard
Rb: Lamar miller
Wr: Alshon Jeffery
Wr: Martavis Bryant
Te: Travis kelce
Flex: Javaris Landry
Def Titans

Bench
Drew brees
Amber Abdullah
Ty hilton
James starks
Danny Amendola
Allen Robinson (bye)

Any changes I should make or any deep waiver threats I should be on the lookout for? Thanks in advance gaf

Striker

I contemplated benching Adrian Peterson for Stefon Diggs. But I just hope he can breakout and get me much needed points that is expected of him. Diggs has been very good lately in this league (PPR). Latavius Murray and James Jones other options but they face tough opponents.

Edwardo

Alright gaf I'm in a bit of a situation here. I really need to pull a win this week. For starters my season has been horrible. So far Jamaal Charles tears up his knee then Eddie lacy just becomes bust factory (maybe to harsh on him because of the ankle) and drew Brees not really holding his weight this season I have been in a slump out. So here is what I got going on this week.

Def bengals

Bench
Drew brees
Amber Abdullah
Ty hilton
James starks
Danny Amendola
Allen Robinson (bye)

Any changes I should make or any deep waiver threats I should be on the lookout for? Thanks in advance gaf

I dunno about Cinci D. Just because Roethlisberger might be back.

Mr Croft

I dunno about Cinci D. Just because Roethlisberger might be back.

Oh man that was a mistake on my part. I actually gambled on the titans D this week based on the matchup I have to edit that. I was very worried about big Ben and the comeback so I dropped them; But I have to keep checking on it.

Tom Nook

Def bengals

Bench
Drew brees
Amber Abdullah
Ty hilton
James starks
Danny Amendola
Allen Robinson (bye)

Starting lineup looks good.

For your bench, you can drop Abdullah and pickup another RB. I hear David Cobb could be a breakout for the titans; pick him up and wait and see how he does in week 9.

Mr Croft

Starting lineup looks good.

For your bench, you can drop Abdullah and pickup another RB. I hear David Cobb could be a breakout for the titans; pick him up and wait and see how he does in week 9.

Yea I have been thinking about it for a week or two now. I dropped tj yeldon two weeks ago along with McFadden. I have been struggling in RB position this season thanks to lacy being a bust and Charles going down.

Snackawho

Uhhh I have no idea who to put in for my last spot amongst these choices.
Travis Benjamin,
T.Y Hilton, or
Diggs.

What do you guys think?

Mr Croft

Uhhh I have no idea who to put in for my last spot amongst these choices.
Travis Benjamin,
T.Y Hilton, or
Diggs.

What do you guys think?

That's tough on all fronts. I would not start Benjamin for sure. Ty Hilton is a gamble it depends on what kind of Andrew luck we see. Diggs could potentially have a decent game against the Bears... I would play Diggs in a flex spot but I could easily change it by gametime lol

C.West against a sucky Detroit D or Lamar Miller tonight vs a good Pats D?

Also. Jarvis Landry, Dez Bryant, or Eric Decker?

Need to know fast! Right now I have Miller and Landry in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom