• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Need some help regarding the Raiders' backfield situation.

I'm thinking about using my keeper on Latavius Murray, but I'm kinda hesitant since I'm not sure how much of an influence DeAndre Washington will be and how many touches he'll take away from Murray.

Any insight from Raiders-GAF?

UberTag

Need some help regarding the Raiders' backfield situation.

I'm thinking about using my keeper on Latavius Murray, but I'm kinda hesitant since I'm not sure how much of an influence DeAndre Washington will be and how many touches he'll take away from Murray.

Any insight from Raiders-GAF?
If you were to not use your keeper slot on Murray, who would the alternatives be that you would consider keeping instead?

RBH

If you were to not use your keeper slot on Murray, who would the alternatives be that you would consider keeping instead?

These are my options:

CYT1VUU.png

Our league does not allow people to use keepers on players that were drafted in the 1st/2nd round, so Julio is not an option. Whoever we select as our keeper, it costs us the draft round that the player was originally selected in. Honestly, the only other one I was thinking of using as a keeper would be Doug Martin. He would cost me my 4th round pick, whereas Murray would cost me my 16th round pick (since he was undrafted two years ago when I first picked him up).

UberTag

Given the 16th round pick expense, keeping Murray is a no-brainer. Commands potential RB2 value behind the most improved offensive line in the league (potentially the best period outside of Dallas). Even if he loses some carries to Washington (there's always a learning curve to pick up on NFL-level pass pro), he's well worth rolling the dice on.

I wouldn't trust the Muscle Hamster with a 4th round pick... especially after signing a new long-term deal in the off-season.

RBH

Given the 16th round pick expense, keeping Murray is a no-brainer. Commands potential RB2 value behind the most improved offensive line in the league (potentially the best period outside of Dallas). Even if he loses some carries to Washington (there's always a learning curve to pick up on NFL-level pass pro), he's well worth rolling the dice on.

Yeah, you're right, can't pass up that low cost even with my hesitations regarding Murray's production.

Thanks.

mr2xxx

Banned

I wouldn't trust the Muscle Hamster with a 4th round pick... especially after signing a new long-term deal in the off-season.

How many players in your league and how many RBs can you start?

Edit:meant to quote RBH

mr2xxx

Banned
These are my options:

CYT1VUU.png

Our league does not allow people to use keepers on players that were drafted in the 1st/2nd round, so Julio is not an option. Whoever we select as our keeper, it costs us the draft round that the player was originally selected in. Honestly, the only other one I was thinking of using as a keeper would be Doug Martin. He would cost me my 4th round pick, whereas Murray would cost me my 16th round pick (since he was undrafted two years ago when I first picked him up).

You have many options RBH depending on what rd. Those players cost you. I'm guessing D.Will is going to be a late Rd keeper too. That's guaranteed four weeks of RB1 production, start the season right and flip him to the Bell owner afterward. Or you can draft Bell at a decreased value and boom you are set up with one of the best back fields in the league.

RBH

You have many options RBH depending on what rd. Those players cost you. I'm guessing D.Will is going to be a late Rd keeper too. That's guaranteed four weeks of RB1 production, start the season right and flip him to the Bell owner afterward. Or you can draft Bell at a decreased value and boom you are set up with one of the best back fields in the league.

Selecting D Will might be too much of a risk. Even if I trade him to the Bell owner, doubt I'll get too much for him that would make it worthwhile to make him my keeper in the first place. Although selecting Bell is an interesting idea.

SonnyBoy

I have Emmanuel Sanders on my bench and CJ Anderson in the slot. Should I swap them? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm sure CJ will get a lot of attention from the Panthers but Denvers QB is a total mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom