• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost to Blair fucking Walsh. Now my opponent is up by 10 with Demaryius Thomas left to play, and I've got A. J. Green left. Unless Thomas gets lost on the way to the stadium and Green has the game of his career, I am doomed to yet another second place finish.

I've been to this dance 3 damn times in the last 5 seasons and have lost to bullshit every damn time. Always the bridesmaid...shit.

ColdPizza

Banned
me starting Wheaton over Langford cost me the championship. Lol. I would have won by 1 point.

Oh well. Still won some guaranteed money.

VoxPop

Oh boy. First time in the championship game. I've been the #1/#2 seed the past 3 years and have always been eliminated in the first round. Upset the #1 seed this year who had one loss and now up in the finals against the guy who has Antonio brown, devonta freeman, David Johnson, megatron, decker, gurley and Broncos def.

I'm up 5.32 pts with Demaryius left against Broncos defense. Hopefully there is no fuckery today. Don't ruin it for me Osweiler :(

I lost to Blair fucking Walsh. Now my opponent is up by 10 with Demaryius Thomas left to play, and I've got A. J. Green left. Unless Thomas gets lost on the way to the stadium and Green has the game of his career, I am doomed to yet another second place finish.

I've been to this dance 3 damn times in the last 5 seasons and have lost to bullshit every damn time. Always the bridesmaid...shit.

I bet Blair Walsh won and lost a lot of championships last night. Just a monster game for a kicker.

Playing Houston's DEF against the bumbling Titans was a master stroke. Did so in both my leagues. Finished 1st and 3rd. Really, when Tim Hightower is winning championships, you gotta question the point of fantasy football.

nillapuddin

I just need DT to score less than 41 points, I am so fucking nervous.

If not for that flukey Ruben Randle bomb last night, it would be a blowout in my favor.

Cant be too mad about only 7 points for KC DST, or 13 vs 20 in Cam vs Carson.

But Martavis Bryant scoring 1 point really stings.

I just need DT to score less than 41 points, I am so fucking nervous.

If not for that flukey Ruben Randle bomb last night, it would be a blowout in my favor.

Cant be too mad about only 7 points for KC DST, or 13 vs 20 in Cam vs Carson.

But Martavis Bryant scoring 1 point really stings.

41 pts? Good lord, Brock would have to throw like 7 interceptions. You're good.

And I feel you on Bryant. Lost my championship by 10.2 pts. Thanks a bunch for 10 freaking yards, Bryant.

I bet Blair Walsh won and lost a lot of championships last night. Just a monster game for a kicker.

I was up 24.8 points going into last nite, and my opponent had Blair Walsh. I watched my lead evaporate. I screamed at my TV multiple times, make it stop! And I narrowly escaped, up by 2.8 points now, with Brandon McManus going tonite. No missed extra points please!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Here we go. Only a blowout game for McManus and the Denver D will save me.

Edit: and 8 minutes in and Denver's defense is complete crap. Hello 4th place.

nillapuddin

41 pts? Good lord, Brock would have to throw like 7 interceptions. You're good.

And I feel you on Bryant. Lost my championship by 10.2 pts. Thanks a bunch for 10 freaking yards, Bryant.

I was meaning Demarius Thomas the DEN WR to not score 41

After watching Randle go from 5 points to 21 points after catching that bomb of a TD, Im just so nervous he slips out once and makes up half the difference

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Championship game in my league is going down to the wire. Guy needs 4.5 more points from Thomas to win.

Edit:
There is now a .68 point difference in our Leagues Championship game.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Best year of fantasy football ever for me. Two leagues. Won both Super Bowls. Each by a single fucking point. Oh it feels good man.

Darkman M

Up 100-87 going into the final round of the playoffs despite Ben and Antonio scoring a combined 20 points. Tim Hightower and Blair Walsh both of who I picked up two weeks ago saved my ass. Banking on Ben and Antonio not to have shit games next week and I win my first fantasy title.

VoxPop

n9NvMD6.png

Fucking did it!! Three straight years of first round elimination in the playoffs despite being the top seed. My team was plagued with injuries but I somehow made it out alive. I truly thought another first round elimination was ahead going up against the top scorer but got the upset. Then going against the fiercest team in the league in the finals, things looked bleak. But somehow they shit up a storm and now I'm proud to be a Fantasy champion! God bless you Bortles, Baldwin, Olsen and Barnidge. Trading DeMarco Murray for an injured Matt Forte was the best fantasy move I've ever made.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am down 14, he's done, I have E. Sanders and McManus left. I am just praying that the Broncos don't come out and lay a fucking egg. Very very nervous.

VUGm3jI.jpg

The TD sealed it. Had enough points between the made FGs and Sanders to have the misses not even affect me.

Fucking did it!! Three straight years of first round elimination in the playoffs despite being the top seed. My team was plagued with injuries but I somehow made it out alive. I truly thought another first round elimination was ahead going up against the top scorer but got the upset. Then going against the fiercest team in the league in the finals, things looked bleak. But somehow they shit up a storm and now I'm proud to be a Fantasy champion! God bless you Bortles, Baldwin, Olsen and Barnidge. Trading DeMarco Murray for an injured Matt Forte was the best fantasy move I've ever made.

Holy crap would you have been mad if you lost with Hightower on your bench. It was logical not to start him tho, based on your lineup.

And the season is over.

Would you guys keep David Johnson RB out of Arizona as a keeper? It is either him or Tyler Eifert

These are my options and the cost to keep the player

Obdell Beckham JR (Lose 1st round pick)
Tyler Eifert (Lose 10th round pick
David Johnson (Lose 10th round pick).

Value says (IF David Johnson is the starter next year and the last several games are not a fluke), that I should pick David Johnson

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I won my fantasy championship!! By one fucking point!!

I just hope some last minute scoring adjustment/correction doesn't fuck me or I'm out 200 bucks...

image.png

And I just got miss fucking universe'd. Denard Robinson was just credited with 2 points a week after my fantasy championship was played. I cannot fucking believe this shit...

image_1.png

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
And the season is over.

Would you guys keep David Johnson RB out of Arizona as a keeper? It is either him or Tyler Eifert

These are my options and the cost to keep the player

Obdell Beckham JR (Lose 1st round pick)
Tyler Eifert (Lose 10th round pick
David Johnson (Lose 10th round pick).

Value says (IF David Johnson is the starter next year and the last several games are not a fluke), that I should pick David Johnson
Johnson. Andre Ellington is never on the field and Chris Johnson was on a one year deal. Zero chance they move away from DJ after seeing what he's got these last two games.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
And I just got miss fucking universe'd. Denard Robinson was just credited with 2 points a week after my fantasy championship was played. I cannot fucking believe this shit...

image_1.png

The craziest part of that whole thing is that the eventual winner started Denard Robinson over Forte. That's just nuts.

gutshot

Well, got third place in my league despite two pretty disastrous trades for me. Trading away Antonio Brown for Jamaal Charles the week before he got injured and then later trading away Doug Martin for Alshon Jeffrey, who had nagging injuries the whole time I had him and never really got going. Waiver wire pickups like Spencer Ware, Jeremy Langford and Tim Hightower did work for me.

BOOM! Won my championship and am the first to ever repeat in this league! I'm especially proud of this crown because of how much I had to work the wire to get to the finish line. I started with the most stacked team I've seen in a 12 man league and then Bell, Foster and Keenen Allen go down in the first half of the season. After going 7-0 I lose the next five until I finally get early enough waiver priorities to snag a few good prospects....and then Rawls goes out for the season. My supposed stud Aaron Rodgers had been trash and benched for weeks, Dez never panned out but I had Palmer as my backup and scrapped together unsung heroes like Allen Robinson and David Johnson to make it work. (I know Robinson has been money all season, I just meant going into the season no one thought he'd be THIS good). To top it all off, my opponent was 12-1 going into the playoffs....

Anyway, a great lesson that even when fantasy football moses unleashes the plagues on your roster, never give up and keep hustling that wire because you never know, you just might get that lucky break.

nillapuddin

trading for Brandon Marshall won me the championship, thank you based James Jones for your unreal first six weeks that made you legit trade bait.

I made a few elite drafting choices (gronk+eifert/cam+carson)

but way more stinkers.. mike wallace, michael floyd, funchess, boldin, first 10 weeks HOU DST

with the exception that I traded Devonta Freeman the week of the Dallas game
I had no regrets, unfortunately thats like a 200 point regret... but still

Season Scoring!
modvaxF.png

TylerD

The Championship for a $500 first prize is coming down to the teams with the best records. The last 2 weeks I scored my 1st and 2nd best point totals of the year. He was 12-2 regular season and I was 10-4.

Picked up Bortles from FA last week and played him over Palmer. Smartly played Gore as well. Picked the right 2 of 5 RBs (1 being David Johnson) for 4 straight weeks. Arizona DST was a beast too. I'm thinking on playing my entire Cardinals Corps one last time.

j_rocca42

Bortles got me the title this year. I was concerned when he started the first half at -4 points. But he came through in the second half finishing with 30 total. I'm in a dynasty so I'm stoked to have bortles going forward in the future.

Alright, week 17 is our championship week. I'm in trouble in picking my quarterback.

Aaron Rodgers vs the Vikings

Brandon Weeden vs the Jaguars

Kirk Cousins vs the Cowboys
(he won't play the whole game)

My gut goes with Weeden. Rodgers has been utter trash for half the season, and even though Green Bay and Minnesota have a tie record... I dunno. I don't trust him.

Also available to add is Matt Stafford vs the Bears

I have Devonta Freeman, the Bengals D, Gronk and Barnidge, Allen Robinson, and Chris Ivory. Redskins kicker too. It is literally the quarterback who will win or cost me the game.

Any advise?

mr2xxx

Banned
Got a championship today, ESPN readjusted the scoring today from last week and the final Steelers play is now considered a fumble which resulted in my LB getting an additional 7 pts to put me in the lead. I'm sure my best friend is devasted. He won, sent me a picture of himself with the trophy and sent some hilarious texts to our leagues group text. Now he's eating crow hahahah.

Alright, week 17 is our championship week. I'm in trouble in picking my quarterback.

Aaron Rodgers vs the Vikings

Brandon Weeden vs the Jaguars

Kirk Cousins vs the Cowboys
(he won't play the whole game)

My gut goes with Weeden. Rodgers has been utter trash for half the season, and even though Green Bay and Minnesota have a tie record... I dunno. I don't trust him.

Also available to add is Matt Stafford vs the Bears

I have Devonta Freeman, the Bengals D, Gronk and Barnidge, Allen Robinson, and Chris Ivory. Redskins kicker too. It is literally the quarterback who will win or cost me the game.

Any advise?

It's really either Stafford or Rodgers. Cousins will get pulled early and Hoyer is starting for the Texans. Rodgers has upside but also did not much against the Vikings last time, whereas Stafford put up 4 TD on the Bears in their last game. It's crazy but I'd probably start Stafford. (and if you can't get him, Rodgers is the only play left to make)

Fletcher

I've manage to make my way to a lead in my finals. I'm having a real crisis here with roster.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Davonta Freeman
RB: Frank Gore
Flex: Danny Woodhead
WR: ODB Jr
WR: Jarvis Landry
TE: Gary Barnidge
D: KC Chiefs
K: Graham Gano

Bench:
Emanual Sander (wr)
Phillip Rivers (qb)
James Jones (wr)
Brian Hoyer (qb)
Travis Benjamin (wr)
Tre Mason (rb)
Zach Ertz (te)
todd gurly (rb)

Picked up Matt Ryan, Hoyer, Mason, Ertz, and Benjamin this week as just in cases and to prevent my opponent from having them. would Sanders or Mason be a better option than what I have started? Would you this Hoyer would be a better play than Matt Ryan? Should I sub in Mason for Woodhead against a Broncos defense? Doesn't seem that Chargers have much else in their offense. Arrrgggggggg

TylerD

It's a good week to be playing against ODB Jr. Brady and D Williams. I'm up 12 with my 5 Cardinals to go. He has E Sanders, Denver, Gates and Gano left. Liking my chances for the champeeenship.

He should have started Tannehill over Brady. lol

Darkman M

QB Big Ben
RB Tim Hightower
RB Doug Martin
WR Antonio Brown
WR Damaryius Thomas
TE Zach Ertz
Flex Rashid Jennings
Kicker Blair Walsh
Defense KC

Has all but sealed my first fantasy title 😎 only guys I drafted was Brown and Thomas, my grind was real!

Finished 3rd in my league of 12. Was my first year doing it and it was a lot of fun. I'll be looking forward to the GAF league I guess, as long as I'm still around in 8 months. ;)

Thanks for all the advice people.

TylerD

It's a good week to be playing against ODB Jr. Brady and D Williams. I'm up 12 with my 5 Cardinals to go. He has E Sanders, Denver, Gates and Gano left. Liking my chances for the champeeenship.

He should have started Tannehill over Brady. lol

Well, week 17 was a shit show. My opponent and I scored the lowest totals of the season (mine by 19 him by 20). I lost the championship by 7... 65.34 to 72.45. Cardinals getting embarrassed by the Seahawks sucked.

Hope you guys did well, passed out money to the winners of the league I commished last week. Was good talking to you guys and getting/receiving advice. See you guys next year, hope that some of you join my league then.

prag16

Banned
Well, week 17 was a shit show. My opponent and I scored the lowest totals of the season (mine by 19 him by 20). I lost the championship by 7... 65.34 to 72.45. Cardinals getting embarrassed by the Seahawks sucked.

Man, you savages and your week 17 championship matchups...

UberTag

Man, you savages and your week 17 championship matchups...
It's absurd doing a Week 17 championship game.

There's some argument for doing two multi-week spanning playoff matchups (Week 14-15 semifinals, Week 16-17 finals) but even that's a hard sell for me. It's especially stupid in leagues that restrict season-long waiver signings via FAAB, with a max acquistion limit for the year or both.

Any recommendations on the most in-depth site for customizable cheat sheets/rankings?
I don't mind to pay for a (reasonable) subscription but some of the sites that require pay don't allow you to see what's customizable upfront and many that I can see aren't very in-depth other than basic shit.

UberTag

Any recommendations on the most in-depth site for customizable cheat sheets/rankings?
I don't mind to pay for a (reasonable) subscription but some of the sites that require pay don't allow you to see what's customizable upfront and many that I can see aren't very in-depth other than basic shit.
I pay money for both a RotoPass subscription (which includes FootballGuys draft tools - which are reasonably customizable) and FantasyPros subscription annually. Usually get what I need from both of those sites although some rulesets will always prove cumbersome and you won't find much in the way of Defensive Team customization from either site.

I'm certainly open to something more robust if it crosses my path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom